Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 527 of 567 FirstFirst ... 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 ... LastLast
Results 13,151 to 13,175 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    What is the real story about the Hodder MISERY flipback book? I find the prices on Abe Books (the only place I could find any), hard to believe. Do they reflect reality or are the sellers dreaming?
    There is no market for these. The people who collect oddities like this already have their copies. The ones on Abe, or anywhere else, will not sell.
    The same goes for most of the older Turtleback editions. Sometimes hundreds of Dollars which surely nobody will ever pay for.
    If this is the case I would like to buy one. Should be inexpensive on here.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the real story about the Hodder MISERY flipback book? I find the prices on Abe Books (the only place I could find any), hard to believe. Do they reflect reality or are the sellers dreaming?
    There is no market for these. The people who collect oddities like this already have their copies. The ones on Abe, or anywhere else, will not sell.
    Agreed
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks, that's more or less what I was thinking.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Agreed
    Anyone else have feedback on this? Curious.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone clarify "owning the rights" to future numbers? I have dark tower 2-9 of #246 but do not own rights correct? How can I?

Also I bought all 4 DoubleDay Artist Editions matching numbers from Betts. I know Mindy will help get my future doubleday numbers if she can but can I "own" the number?

Thanks All!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Agreed

What kind of information are you looking for?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

Hi. Value and availability. No market value should suggest some availability and low price but do not see that anywhere. Thanks for your input.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone clarify "owning the rights" to future numbers? I have dark tower 2-9 of #246 but do not own rights correct? How can I?

Also I bought all 4 DoubleDay Artist Editions matching numbers from Betts. I know Mindy will help get my future doubleday numbers if she can but can I "own" the number?

Thanks All!

For the Grant books you should wait until the next The Dark Tower book is announced by Grant Publishing and then email Grant informing them that you own #246 TWTTK.

As for the Bett's books, that number goes to David. The number rights do not normally transfer to the buyer. If David is willing to give up those rights, then Mindy will assign the number to you and update the database to include you in the next presale. You will still need to respond to the order confirmation email requesting that number every time you place an order for the series.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks All!

For the Grant books you should wait until the next The Dark Tower book is announced by Grant Publishing and then email Grant informing them that you own #246 TWTTK.

As for the Bett's books, that number goes to David. The number rights do not normally transfer to the buyer. If David is willing to give up those rights, then Mindy will assign the number to you and update the database to include you in the next presale. You will still need to respond to the order confirmation email requesting that number every time you place an order for the series.
    The issue I ran into in regards to the Doubleday Artist editions is the number I was able to get on those is a number that is reserved for a Lifetime member who did not buy the artist editions. So, I was not able to get the same number for the Sleeping Beauties S/L because it was already taken. No worries, I still got the book Just not matching numbers to what I already have.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

Hi. Value and availability. No market value should suggest some availability and low price but do not see that anywhere. Thanks for your input.

In all honesty, I do not have much more informations that you do.
    There are hardly any copies, and the only ones are available at very high prices. I also own one.

Given the rarity, I would say that they never actually sale, so as for the value, I would say that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay to have it in their collection.

I know that this doesnt help you at all, am sorry about it, but there arent much more information out there.
    I tried to find out the print run, but couldnt access that info

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot find any new Flipback books, did they stop releasing them in the UK? Maybe that made them more scarce, Misery was the 6th Flipback release.

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

In all honesty, I do not have much more informations that you do.
    There are hardly any copies, and the only ones are available at very high prices. I also own one.

Given the rarity, I would say that they never actually sale, so as for the value, I would say that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay to have it in their collection.

I know that this doesnt help you at all, am sorry about it, but there arent much more information out there.
    I tried to find out the print run, but couldnt access that info
    So safe to say there is a "market value" for them. Thanks.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification on owning numbers C1tizen and Brian.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot find any new Flipback books, did they stop releasing them in the UK? Maybe that made them more scarce, Misery was the 6th Flipback release.
    The Flipbacks (12 books selling for £9.99) were a massive flop. They were shoddily made from "Bible" paper. "Great for making rollies," Most of them went to the recycle bin.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Flipbacks (12 books selling for £9.99) were a massive flop. They were shoddily made from "Bible" paper. "Great for making rollies," Most of them went to the recycle bin.

Thanks for that.
    Great difference with here in Holland. Almost 600 Dwarsligger books have been released so far.

Country
    Country Flag

An handful in France only

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These books do ok in Belgium as well. You find them near the cash-register in bookstores, people apparently read them on trains.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    These books do ok in Belgium as well. You find them near the cash-register in bookstores, people apparently read them on trains.
    Seeking a reasonably priced Misery. Appreciate it

ANYTHING DT Related #246

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I meant the flipbook books in general. I don't have a Misery one. If I should see one in a store, I'll be sure to get it and contact you.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I meant the flipbook books in general. I don't have a Misery one. If I should see one in a store, I'll be sure to get it and contact you.
    Open to the forum. And THANK YOU SO MUCH.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Someone on reddit seems to have said that the "newest" version of 112263 (whatever that means : us, uk? dates? covers?) may include the alternate ending?

It's probably not true, but any chance for people to check?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Someone on reddit seems to have said that the "newest" version of 112263 (whatever that means : us, uk? dates? covers?) may include the alternate ending?
    I'll ask in advance, since I have yet to read 11/22/63:

*If anyone is inclined to mention the ending of 11/22/63 (actual or alternate), please put it in a spoiler tag thing to hide it.*

Much appreciated!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'll ask in advance, since I have yet to read 11/22/63:

*If anyone is inclined to mention the ending of 11/22/63 (actual or alternate), please put it in a spoiler tag thing to hide it.*

Much appreciated!
    You’re in for a treat it’s a great story

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the flipbacks and read several of mine. No problems. Not Misery or Jasper Fforde as they are authors I collect. And they fit nicely in a CD holder.

The idea is still going - this month or next Penguin is issuing what they call "minis" which are flipbacks. Bunch of YA titles.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Any thoughts as to the value of a proof of the Dark Harvest edition of Lawrence Block's THE SINS OF THE FATHERS, with an introduction by King?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 527 of 567 FirstFirst ... 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 ... LastLast