Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 514 of 567 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 504 512 513 514 515 516 524 564 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    It’s times like these I really feel for the completists.
    I would like to be a completest, and as such, is why I would not personally consider this as a signed limited.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I wouldn't consider this a signed limited anymore then I would consider the copies of Sleeping Beauties given out on the book tour.
    Signed copies given out on tour (which are no different to King signing a book on his way to a car) are very different to a limited number of signed books with a specific bookplate. I see this copy is more akin to the Folio Society Shining or even the Hodder limiteds.
    The books given out on the tour are closer to this book then a book signed on the way to his car. Although there is no bookplate, it was still given a "limitation" of 400 per event, and there was a limited number of events. Both were given to random patrons of the store/event. I suspect the bookplates are all in a normal trade hardcover. Do we even know if they are all 1st/1st's? This was done after publication and not published as a signed limited, but rather are normal books enhanced by a signature on a bookplate.
    Yes, I see your points. My analogy with a signed book on the way to his car is really to say, those signed Sleeping Beauties would be indistinguishable from those signed by King and King on the way to their car (there’s no limitation page, etc). And whether this is a first or not doesn’t detract from whether it could be a limited. But you’re right - there’s still a lot to verify, including whether it’s actually a real sig (and not a facsimile), etc etc. But yes, there’s some good discussion to be had with this book if we can discover some more info. I’ve been able to find nothing online.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen this before? Someone was querying about it on Facebook and (to me) the signature looks legitimate. (Facsimile on a limited paste down?)

I wonder about the lighting in the picture. The true 1st has "orange" pastedowns. The pic looks like brown paper. The limitation sticker could be legitimately signed, or it could be a facsimile signature.

I'm sure dozens of people are scrambling to contact the owner, and buy the book in question. Until there are better pictures, more collaborating information, and or someone has the book in hand, we can only speculate.

I love it when these oddities pop up.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Agreed. This is great.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Agreed. This is great.
    Yes, me too. And it’s awesome to be part of this community where these can of questions can actually be explored...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Agreed. This is great.
    Yes, me too. And it’s awesome to be part of this community where these can of questions can actually be explored...
    I have looked everywhere and cannot find a thing on this book. I think it’s so cool when we find something like this... whether it real or not... it sure is fun to chat about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Side note: I hope it’s fake or a facsimile so I don’t have to secure a copy! Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Side note: I hope it’s fake or a facsimile so I don’t have to secure a copy! Lol

After speaking with the seller and doing some research I believe this is be real. From the seller:

“The Booksmith was a locally owned business....a popular bookstore here until its closing. Tom Clancy would always do his first book signings there for luck, since they originally let him do a signing for Hunt for Red October when he was a totally unknown author (the original was published by The Naval Press). Sub Base is just across the river in Groton CT. Here's a link nice article about it .....https://www.theday.com/article/20131002/nws13/131009933
    Another interesting Booksmith fact is the owner had Hasbro Toys make a limited edition USS Connecticut GI Joe which was sold in his store. Hasbro is about an hour away in Rhode Island. (See pic below). It was a great place but ultimately could not compete when Borders came to town.
    For this book, The owner wanted to do a special raffle to be drawn at 12:04 AM on the day of the books release. He contacted King who agreed to sign the 25 custom bookplates for the drawing. According to the owner King thought the middle of the night raffle was a cool idea. I was one of the 25 winners.
    This is a first edition, I will post some pics of the copyright and jacket flap later today.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Alan”

I asked for a ton more questions and won it for $315!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a great price. Congratulations!

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's a great price. Congratulations!
    Thanks RF. I wanted to make sure it was something before I went for it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After speaking with the seller and doing some research I believe this is be real. From the seller:

“The Booksmith was a locally owned business....a popular bookstore here until its closing. Tom Clancy would always do his first book signings there for luck, since they originally let him do a signing for Hunt for Red October when he was a totally unknown author (the original was published by The Naval Press). Sub Base is just across the river in Groton CT. Here's a link nice article about it .....https://www.theday.com/article/20131002/nws13/131009933
    Another interesting Booksmith fact is the owner had Hasbro Toys make a limited edition USS Connecticut GI Joe which was sold in his store. Hasbro is about an hour away in Rhode Island. (See pic below). It was a great place but ultimately could not compete when Borders came to town.
    For this book, The owner wanted to do a special raffle to be drawn at 12:04 AM on the day of the books release. He contacted King who agreed to sign the 25 custom bookplates for the drawing. According to the owner King thought the middle of the night raffle was a cool idea. I was one of the 25 winners.
    This is a first edition, I will post some pics of the copyright and jacket flap later today.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Alan”

I asked for a ton more questions and won it for $315!

nice catch... a book with cool history!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know whether the Collector’s slipcase for Joyland will fit the illustrated edition of the book? I’m not sure how much width the extra illustrations add to the book’s dimensions.

Thank you!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Does anyone know whether the Collector’s slipcase for Joyland will fit the illustrated edition of the book? I’m not sure how much width the extra illustrations add to the book’s dimensions.

Thank you!
    Yes
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    Yes
    I thought you needed the one from Cemetery Dance to fit that one?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Two parts
    One of my friends has a friend(who's on first) that received a copy of Elevation that was missing a whole section of pages. Anyone else run into this? I wonder if there are more out there in the wild? I suggest everyone double check their books if they haven't already.

Random, curious question: which do you guys think would be more valuable? A later print yet signed Outsider or a possible first but maybe a later print Elevation also signed. I know anything other than a first printing is not considered as valuable but since neither of these books had an official signing I would imagine either would hold some value.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Does your friends friend know the page numbers missing? My own personal opinion is that only the 1st holds value. I personally collect any signed copies. But don’t expect much on resale except for the firsts.

There are a few outsiders and tons of paperbacks on eBay that are not selling. I offered $150 for the outsider. Just because I need it to complete my Hodges set, Trying to complete 4 sets for nephews and nieces

Thank you!
    Yes

Tomas informed me via email that the case is a bit more snug, but it will still fit fine.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    Yes

Tomas informed me via email that the case is a bit more snug, but it will still fit fine.
    Mine is not snug. Seems just right.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Thank you!
    Yes

Same for me. Seemed just right. I can’t check right now but maybe it’s a little snug with Brodart. If that’s the case, the Brodart is probably not on tight enough.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    Yes

Same for me. Seemed just right. I can’t check right now but maybe it’s a little snug with Brodart. If that’s the case, the Brodart is probably not on tight enough.
    Having said that, I find that the collectors slipcases for the Dark tower books are too snug.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Does your friends friend know the page numbers missing? My own personal opinion is that only the 1st holds value. I personally collect any signed copies. But don’t expect much on resale except for the firsts.

There are a few outsiders and tons of paperbacks on eBay that are not selling. I offered $150 for the outsider. Just because I need it to complete my Hodges set, Trying to complete 4 sets for nephews and nieces
    Here’s someone on reddit who has a copy that is all jacked - page numbers out of order

https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking...on_misprinted/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All three of my copies (purchased at Costco) are fine.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

All three of my copies (purchased at Costco) are fine.
    How much are they at Costco? I paid $11.47 at b&n. Thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$11.99 at Costco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 514 of 567 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 504 512 513 514 515 516 524 564 ... LastLast