Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 567 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Tommyknockers variant

This is from Barry Levin's Biblionotes:

KING, STEPHEN. THE TOMMYKNOCKERS.
    Stephen King has reported that the first edition, first issue of THE TOMMYKNOCKERS has, on the copyright page under the row of numbers "12345678910," the words "Permissions to Come." This line was dropped part-way through the first press run. Furthermore, the book was issued in two dust jacket states:

1.) with the author's name in red on the front cover (copy seen with the first issue point in this dust jacket state);
    2.) with the author's name in gold on the front cover. Frank Halpern of the Rare Book Room of the Free Library of Philadelphia reported, "I have recently come across what may be an unrecorded variant of the 'Permissions to Come' state of Stephen King's TOMMYKNOCKERS." He went on to state that he had seen copies with a cancelled leaf numbered as pages 257-258, clearly attached to a stub at the gutter margin. He had compared the cancelled state to a copy of the "Permissions to Come" state without the cancel and could fine "absolutely" no difference (other than the cancel) between them. He concluded that, " . . . it is possible that an error was discovered early in the print run and that the already completed copies were corrected by the [removal of the leaf and] the insertion of a cancel."
    I got a copy of that #2 item, with the stub, a few years ago. Has anyone ever heard of any others?

John

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I've got a copy 1/1 permission to come. gold type.
    with signatures 2, 11 and 13 printed on completely different paper than the rest.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have neither, but would love to see photos of both for comparison.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There really isn't much to see--the page is tipped in and you can see where that had been done.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

The Mist
    As The Mist movie tie-in paperback Signet [October 2007]
    As The Mist, Limited edition includes Frank Darabont’s screenplay [2008]
    I never heard about this one! I remember reading at Lilja's (interview with Frank) that he wanted to do a limited edition including the screenplay... but never heard that it actually have been published ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    FORTHCOMING

Strawberry Spring
    Grey Matter
    One for the Road
    Nona
    The Monkey
    Secretary of Dreams Vol 2 [2009]
    Forgot about it..... still no news i guess? Although CD seems to have calmed down on "special offers"...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this one is not mentionned in the listing :

am sure there was a thread about Tommyknockers' variants, not long ago...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Folks - Quick question... about how much are the Sai King signed Gunslinger and DOTT audio cassettes worth/going for?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey Folks - Quick question... about how much are the Sai King signed Gunslinger and DOTT audio cassettes worth/going for?
    Buying or selling?
    Depending on condition $300-$450.
    Love to hear from Hutch, Bob, wiz...

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Buying or selling?
    Depending on condition $300-$450.
    Love to hear from Hutch, Bob, wiz...
    Oh, sorry, excellent point...

... buying.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    this one is not mentionned in the listing :
    am sure there was a thread about Tommyknockers' variants, not long ago...
    There wasn't a thread, but I mentioned the completely different page stock on one of my books. Pics to follow.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Seems a lot of misprints got released on this edition...checked all my copies and found 2 with the same signatures on different stock (2, 11, 13) and also one with just signature 2 on different stock...guess the printer was out and needed to fill the order....?

Jerome yours is also 2,11,13? Don't think it's that uncommon...?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    <------------------------Not to be obtuse, but I am confused as to the 2,11,13.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You, and everybody else, except darkmaniscoming

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

P.S. If I thought it would add value, I would have waxed poetically, (and if it lowered value, lugubriously) about the printing screw-up.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2, 11, and 13 as in the page signatures.... the 2nd, 11th, and 13th page signatures are printed on different stock. Yes/no?

Sorry spent too many nights in the printers color proofing.......

The "signatures" are the page gatherings folded into one another, these days they are usually 32 book pages, which are made from 8 pieces of paper, each having 4 pages....follow?

These groupings are then sewn together to make the book.

In early printings of rare books, the "gatherings" and number of pages therein, will tell you much about what printing you have as nobody really kept track of editions...Its pretty huge in some turn of the century stuff.

Anyway, in the case of the Tommyknockers with different papers, if you look close, you will see that any variants in paper type will be used in the entire signature and if you examine the page gatherings (signatures) at spine you can actually count them...

and then each

and then each....nothing...dont know why thats there..

P.S. Tommyknockers error edition!!!!
    Signatures 2, 11, 13 printed on different stock.
    Super-RARE!!! Buy it now $13,900 or best offer.

PM me if interested.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

P.S. Tommyknockers error edition!!!!
    Signatures 2, 11, 13 printed on different stock.
    Super-RARE!!! Buy it now $13,900 or best offer.

PM me if interested.
    Send it back to the publisher. They will replace it with a proper copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I paid $95 for DT I and $105 for DTII last year.

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. $95 for a King autograph on a numbered item?! That's great.

I was looking at something close to $180 for a Gunslinger audio/signed.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In that case mine has two "signatures" with different stock. Looks like either 2 and 11, or 2 and 13.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shows I overpaid back in the boom days.

My Mood
    Gay

Or Mr.Rabbit got a great deal.

I would think that perhaps with the market, etc, a buying fair price might lie somewhere in the middle of both extremes?

( I see a couple at ABE for $200+ )

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The inital price of DTI was $100, so Mr. Rabbit DID get a good deal. I remember seeing it for sale in a Baltimore bookstore when it first came out and passing it up because I already had the audio.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 567 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast