Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 567 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I am curious. What are the most affordable S/L Stephen King books out there? I know that I have seen Borderlands for reasonable prices. Are there other S/L that won't break the bank? I actually like the idea of multiple sigs on some of the anthologies.
    The most affordable mainstream S\L Novel is I believe 'Desperation' for whatever reason it frequently comes up at what I would consider to be high GE prices. I am constantly tempted by this one, but know it's the start of a very expensive slippery slope (as soon as I get one, I will HAVE to own them all).

*shameless plug*
    I have a copy of the multiple signed (all artists, publisher and of course SK) version of The Colorado Kid (it is a PC copy without number and also without traycase) currently on ebay. PM me if you are interested, we could work on a better price than it is listed for.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I NEVER paid attention to the fact that the title is actually 'Salem's Lot and not Salem's Lot.
    Always learning stuff in here!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I am curious. What are the most affordable S/L Stephen King books out there? I know that I have seen Borderlands for reasonable prices. Are there other S/L that won't break the bank? I actually like the idea of multiple sigs on some of the anthologies.
    Most anthologies are cheaper than signed editions of novels. The trick to finding a deal on one is not typing "Stephen King" when you're searching, but looking for a specific title. That's worked out for me in the past. I got a mint copy of Quietly Now for $99 a few weeks ago.

Cheapest S/Ls of novels would be Black House, Desperation, Under the Dome (not your best choice for your first S/L), The Colorado Kid, The Dark Man, Joyland, maybe 11/22/63.

If you're looking for an anthology S/L, the world is your oyster or something because there're are a lot to be had cheaper than the cheapest novel S/L.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some other anthologies fall into this category: Quietly Now; Night Visions 5; Book of the Dead; Whispers; Gauntlet 2. All have multiple sigs and can be had for $200 or less. You can also get He Is Legend for less than $300. Go up to $300 and you can add even more anthologies, such as Prime Evil. I picked up a copy of Transgressions for $285, although I might have gotten a bit lucky there.

There are also S/L editions where King wrote some sort of introduction. Many of these can be had for between $150 - $250. A Life in the Cinema; The Killer Inside Me, The Sins of the Fathers; The Girl Next Door; The House Next Door. Going up to the $300 - $350 range opens up quite a few more options.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How impossible is it to get a Stephen King signature? I mean outside the S/L editions. I am guessing that if you don't live in New England or Florida that it probably won't happen. How often does King have a signing?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

How impossible is it to get a Stephen King signature? I mean outside the S/L editions. I am guessing that if you don't live in New England or Florida that it probably won't happen. How often does King have a signing?
    It's tough to get it in person. Signings are pretty random and infrequent except for large events

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks much! I wasn't sure. I saw someone had went to a Sarasota signing so I didn't know. I'll just stick to S/L copies though it would be great to get a sig on the CD gift editions when they come out.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    What's the best way to get in contact with grant books? I need to register that I am the new owner of 464 WTTKH
    God knows. I'm still waiting on a reply to a query I had about buying something off their site over 12 months ago. I think the best way to contact them is to camp outside the office door, tackle any worker you can find when they show up for work, and make them listen and respond to your query. Otherwise you may could have just as much luck sending out blind carrier pigeons...

Just from my experience of course.

Oh, I hope my poor attempt at homor is observed and I don't get scolded for bashing publishers online.
    I placed an order through the website a couple of days ago, and also asked about the availability of another book. Robert replied today that my order was in the mail, and that he would look for the book I asked about. I know others have had different experiences, but I've never had any trouble with Robert. I had some strange experience with Grant in the past, but none since Robert took over the day-to-day business (i.e., fulfilling orders, responding the emails) for himself.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stupid question(?): Centipede Press Salem's Lot, unsigned edition of 600 copies "as new" in shrinkwrap, no slipcase $350.00

Too much?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Stupid question(?): Centipede Press Salem's Lot, unsigned edition of 600 copies "as new" in shrinkwrap, no slipcase $350.00

Too much?
    I paid $190 recently for mine (that was a good deal though)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Too much?
    I think that's way off. That's the sale from Camelot if I'm not mistaken?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Too much?
    I paid $190 recently for mine (that was a good deal though)
    I got mine/prints/one of Collector's 200 traycase's for about $385
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Too much?
    I think that's way off. That's the sale from Camelot if I'm not mistaken?
    Yep, that's the one! Thought it sounded too high. Thx!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $220 for mine with tray case. Think that was pretty good though.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where I could go to see the photos that made up the mosaic photograph on the back of the UK WTTK? It was made up of fan photos. I was selected, but the link I had for the site where you could see them all is no longer.

Cheers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Does anyone know where I could go to see the photos that made up the mosaic photograph on the back of the UK WTTK? It was made up of fan photos. I was selected, but the link I had for the site where you could see them all is no longer.

Cheers
    That was the hugest bunch of promo bullshit. Even if you are on the the dj (which YOU are not), the image on the DJ is ~ 4x4 pixels, perhaps less.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the promo was really cool actually. I've seen the picture before online, but am looking for info about where I may find it again....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked that promo.

And I made it to the cover, and I see myself with an amplifier glass.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just took the book of the shelf with the intention of scanning it for you.
    I agree with RF, it is practically impossible to identify that these are peoples faces, never mind whose faces they are.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I printed a blown-up version of the cover from the website so I can see my face a little clearer. I think the site is gone now

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know what method of shipping Grant Publishing uses? While Robert was extremely quick to bill me and let me know when my books shipped, he has yet to respond to an email I sent 5 days ago.

Kinda giving me Vietnam flashbacks of experiences I had in dealing with Hillhouse. lol

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post
    Does anyone know what method of shipping Grant Publishing uses? While Robert was extremely quick to bill me and let me know when my books shipped, he has yet to respond to an email I sent 5 days ago.

Kinda giving me Vietnam flashbacks of experiences I had in dealing with Hillhouse. lol
    He uses media mail unless you requested, and paid for, something else. You should have received an email from him that looks like it came from USPS with the tracking number.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I have a signed Straub with library remainder marks (stamps). If you were me would you cover it up with a bookplate, such as a Straub bookplate signed from Very Fine Books, or just leave it as is? Not sure if it would harm the value on it if I did that but it might look a lot nicer!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    I have a signed Straub with library remainder marks (stamps). If you were me would you cover it up with a bookplate, such as a Straub bookplate signed from Very Fine Books, or just leave it as is? Not sure if it would harm the value on it if I did that but it might look a lot nicer!
    I think the bookplate would be an improvement.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    I think the bookplate would be an improvement.
    Yeah, I think you're right.

Wonder if this company is legit? Looks like they are but never purchased from them. http://www.vjbooks.com/ProductDetail...tCode=STRPLATE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 567 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast