Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Favorite Movie Characters of All Time

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Favorite Movie Characters of All Time

I thought it would be great if we could all get together and discuss our Favorite movie characters. Those characters that we watch and feel like the movie was made solely for that character. I'll start.

After watching Inglorious Basterds I fell in love with Hans Landa. Christoph Waltz was so chilling but also charming at the same time. Everytime he was on screen I could not wait to see what he would say or do next. Christoph Waltz deserved the Oscar he got for the role. I loved his interactions with every single character but the conversation with Brad Pitt at the end is hands down my favorite scene in the whole movie.

Okay, so what are yall's favorites?
    If you love me then love me..

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Spicoli - Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Sir Lancelot - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Charly Baltimore (Geena Davis) in The Long Kiss Goodnight. I'm gay but that bitch got me HOT!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Clint Eastwood's character in Unforgiven.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite movie character?
    well that would be bruno ganz as jonathan harker in herzog's nosferatu

my favorite horror movie of all time with the best ending in cinema
    "fetch my horse, I have work to do" !!!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler Bama71 is on a distinguished road Bama71's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

M favorite movie characters are Dirty Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry, 1971), Josey Wales (The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976) and Will Munny (Unforgiven, 1992). In each of these films, the role seems to be tailor made for Clint Eastwood. Dirty Harry was originally supposed to star Frank Sinatra (shit, i just can't see THAT). But what ties these three together is that all have the same theme-men fed up with the system and bound to do their job their own way, completely bucking the system at the time. Very political themes, but his best to be sure. They will stand the test of time. I set my watch and warrant on it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll echo, Bama71 on Josey Wales, but one of the greatest characters all-time is....................

Indiana Jones!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

in the order of coming to mind:

1. Trelkovsky (The Tenant)
    2. George Bailey (It's a Wonderful Life)
    3. Elwood P. Dowd (Harvey)
    4. Juror #8 (Twelve Angry Men, 1957)
    5. Mr.Smith (Mr.Smith Goes to Washington)
    6. Sanjuro (Yojimbo)
    7. Rick (Casablanca)
    8. Władysław Szpilman (The Pianist)
    9. Sam Lion (Itinéraire d'un enfant gâté)
    10. Withnail (Withnail and I)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    10. Withnail (Withnail and I)
    Excellent choice, Jean!

As to who my favourite characters are in a film? Hmmm. Tricky. In a top ten list, Withnail would also definitely be on it, along with Jimmy from Quadrophenia and Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. But I'd need to give it a little thought, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think of expanding my list to 20 slots; I just took the first 10 that came to mind

and just remembered... I was going to watch Shaun since time immemorial

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Practically any character Cary Grant played in any movie he was in.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    and just remembered... I was going to watch Shaun since time immemorial
    You should. Whilst it's not half as wonderful as the viewing experience of Withnail & I, I find it a very enjoyable film, certainly moreso than a lot of other horror-comedies I've watched.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

will try to find it...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shaun of the Dead was okay. Was expecting a little more from it. Probably why I've never watched Hot Fuzz yet even though I own the damn thing.

Favourite characters...big list but diversity is key! No particular order.

Alan Grant - Jurassic Park
    Ian Malcolm - Jurassic Park
    Harry Caul - The Conversation
    Dickie Ward - The Fighter
    Donnie Darko - Donnie Darko
    Margo - All About Eve
    Eve - All About Eve
    Tom Hagen - The Godfather
    JP - Grandma's Boy
    Mugatu - Zoolander
    Aaron - Primal Fear
    Verbil Kint - The Usual Suspects
    John Doe - Se7en
    Lester Burnham - American Beauty
    Charlie Kaufman - Adaptation
    John Laroche - Adaptation
    Vincent - Collateral
    Jack Torrence - The Shining
    Andy Dufrense - Shawshank Redemption
    Carl Handratty - Catch Me If You Can
    Penny Lane - Almost Famous
    Elaine Miller - Almost Famous
    Gen. George Broulard - Paths of Glory
    Alex - A Clockwork Orange
    Dr. Strangelove - Dr. Strangelove
    Gen Buck Turgison - Dr. Strangelove
    General Jack Ripper - Dr. Stranglelove

...what can I say, I love Kubrick and how he portrays his characters. Gotta finish watching his movies. I like lots more characters than this was basically what I could think of.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't really thought about who my all time favorite characters are, but I'll list some of my favorites -

The Joker (The Dark Knight)
    Verbal Kint (The Usual Suspects)
    T-1000 (Terminator 2)
    Michael Corleone (The Godfather)
    Alex Delarge (Clockwork Orange)
    Jack Torrence (The Shining)
    Ian Malcolm (Jurassic Park)
    Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
    Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
    Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds)
    Darth Vader (Star Wars)
    Count Dracula (Dracula [Stoker])

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Serenity)
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My list in no particular order

Alice-Resident Evil
    Violet-Ultraviolet
    Neo-The Matrix
    Trinity-The Matrix
    Shaun-Shaun of the Dead
    LeeLoo-The Fifth Element
    Corben Dallas-The Fifth Element
    Ruby Rod-The Fifth Element
    Axle Foley-Beverly Hills Cop
    James Bond-Sean Connery versions
    Cloud Strife-Final Fantasy:Advent Children
    Dorthy Gail-The Wizard of Oz
    River Tam-Serenity

Does whatever a spiderman does.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Charly Baltimore (Geena Davis) in The Long Kiss Goodnight. I'm gay but that bitch got me HOT!
    ha ha we watched this the other night, I so wanted to be Charlie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Andy Dufrense - Shawshank Redemption

yep loved him

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    T-1000 (Terminator 2)

The Terminator
    I am off to think of some of my own now I have looked at all your lists

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

William Costigan (Leo)- The Departed. Thought his char was so real and brought the whole movie together, also a badass- kicking the shit out of Italian mafia from RI, etc. Made me respect him as an actor (and become my favorite). Raw, crazy talent meets arguably the best director of all time...
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mozart from the Amadeus movie
    Valmont from Dangerous Liaisons
    that crazy Brad Pitt character from Kalifornia
    Mickey from Natural Born Killers
    Borg Queen and Data from Star Trek TNG series/movies
    Morpheus from the Matrix
    Jules from Pulp Fiction
    Black Mamba, Bud, Pei Mei and pretty much all the characters from the Kill Bill movie
    Cherry Darling from Planet Terror
    Captain Jack Sparrow--sorry could not resist
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...