Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Bio - Graphic Novel

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Bio - Graphic Novel

Stephen King - Orbit
    (Graphic Novel Edition)

The Stephen King one-shot comic was so popular it sold out almost upon release. Now the publisher has extended this Stephen King story to a full graphic novel, with many more pages, and it's being published in trade paperback.

One of the bestselling authors of all time, Stephen King's books have sold over 500 million copies worldwide and been translated into 33 languages. Generations of terrified readers and moviegoers have dubbed Stephen King the "master of horror," but he is much, much more. This is a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse into king's private world.

• Paperback:40 pages
    • Publisher: BlueWater Comics (January 10th, 2012)
    • Language: English
    • ISBN:978-1450775670
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 07-30-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: info added, release date updated
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What does extanded means? How many pages?

THe way i understand it is... it was sold out, so basically there is a market to sell more and more expensive... but the book wasnt planned this way, so they basically decided to add things.
    The comic was really short and i want to see what they add... and how many additionnal ads there will be...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What does extanded means? How many pages?

THe way i understand it is... it was sold out, so basically there is a market to sell more and more expensive... but the book wasnt planned this way, so they basically decided to add things.
    The comic was really short and i want to see what they add... and how many additionnal ads there will be...
    How much is it? Can you still buy the single issue comic?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed this entirely. I'll have to look around for it. Thanks for the info, Ari.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered the first issue on eBay.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1st issue? I guess you're talking about the single shot volume, right?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$3,99 i believe... and it's available on amazon
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Got that one already. But it's a single shot. It's not a series. On November a paperback edition expanded will be released.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    1st issue? I guess you're talking about the single shot volume, right?
    Yes I am talking about the one shot volume. I will also get the paperback coming out in November.

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Thanks Ari...ordered a copy today
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Release date updated + added ISBN and pages.

Can be preordered from AMAZON
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, what? Is this a comic that is also a biography? Weird.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I ordered mine over the weekend and just ordered the one shot that I didn't know about!

Thanks Friends!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Wait, what? Is this a comic that is also a biography? Weird.
    It's not the first biography to take that form.

Not really my cup of tea though, much as I like King. But then I'm not really into Biographies anyway, albeit I did enjoy the biographical stuff in On Writing.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any idea what happened to this? Got an email last week that Amazon cancelled by preorder. Amazon's product page shows it as unavailable with no expected date. the BlueWater webpage has no reference to it.

PS. If anyone needs a copy of the first comic, let me know. I have a spare.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Craig, I never ended up getting mine. Can I have yours?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the graphic novel from the Overlook Press.

Country
    Country Flag

Was the extended version released?

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure, the overlook website said it was supposed to be released in November.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazon removed it from its website. No news so far.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is what I'm trying to figure out as well. Looking at the BlueWater website, it doesn't look like it ever existed.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just contacted the illustrator. Hope to have news soon (I already talked with him in the past, so I don't expect a large delay in his answer).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just out of curiosity; since the original one-shot comic sold out so quickly, is it worth anything?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just out of curiosity; since the original one-shot comic sold out so quickly, is it worth anything?
    Not likely any serious money, no. The only comics that are worth real money are the ones that are 60+ years old, and mostly due to rarity... Comics from before World War II are rare as hell, partially due to recycling drives of the era that turned many comic collections to pulp.

This comic strikes me as kind of weird, and I would imagine Stephen King probably doesn't like it being out there. He's an increasingly private man, and has always kind of shied away from people prying too far into his business, and knowing that kind of destroys any appeal this comic has to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast