Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HOW TO: Care for Your Dust Jackets

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Bill, I don't agree. You take the chance of damaging the dust jacket if you try to remove the sticker. I'd say if it's put on by the publisher, leave it alone,

John
    Seriously, Clean Cover Gel takes all stickers off - no damage. I love this stuff.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Bill, I don't agree. You take the chance of damaging the dust jacket if you try to remove the sticker. I'd say if it's put on by the publisher, leave it alone,

John
    Seriously, Clean Cover Gel takes all stickers off - no damage. I love this stuff.
    Do tell. Where do you get it? Links?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I posted it on the previous page, but here it is again: http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ean-Cover-Gel/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I posted it on the previous page, but here it is again: http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ean-Cover-Gel/
    I didn't see it, but thanks for the re-post!!! I'm gonna get me some!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I didn't see it, but thanks for the re-post!!! I'm gonna get me some!!
    It works great on marker too!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

would this safely take an old sticker off say, a Science Fiction and Fantasy book? Also I have seen in comments that it has a strong smell - does that last?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

What size Brodart covers do you buy that would be good for “most” books? I look on their site and there are many options. I bought from them before but don’t recall what size I bought. What would you guys recommend?
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I buy 12” rolls.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Garrell. I just went with an order of single sheets and an acrylic display stand for my S/L of The Stand. Was not sure I wanted to buy a roll in case it wasn’t what I wanted. Hadn’t bought from Brodart before, but the company I had bought from doesn’t sell them any more so choices seem to be limited.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Thanks Garrell. I just went with an order of single sheets and an acrylic display stand for my S/L of The Stand. Was not sure I wanted to buy a roll in case it wasn’t what I wanted. Hadn’t bought from Brodart before, but the company I had bought from doesn’t sell them any more so choices seem to be limited.
    Most King books are 9 1/2". Many other books are 10 inches. Then there are larger, and smaller, books.

The 12" roll will work with the majority of books you will ever need to cover. Of course, if the book is taller than 12" it won't work. That would be rather rare.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Appreciate all the reply posts, but Brodart sells specific sets of sheets at a certain size that services 90% of the books out there and I just cannot recall (and I believe others here are asking as well) what that specific size specs are. I don't like ordering "sheets" because that involves cutting and what not which I'm not very good at. I recall there was a specific size to order and for the life of me I can't recall that size and dispensed with the Brodart packaging in error. Anyone here recall or order these in the same fashion?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I contacted them asking for covers that were 10” high. They came back to me saying to order SKU #10507603. Just received today and have yet to open the box. Once I start putting some on I can let you know.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get the just a fold archival sheets - in 5 separate sizes - 8, 9, 10, 12, 14. Its like a bell curve - majority of books are 10", then 9", and the others make up the tails on the curve
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Bill, I contacted them asking for covers that were 10” high. They came back to me saying to order SKU #10507603. Just received today and have yet to open the box. Once I start putting some on I can let you know.
    Cool Beans!! Thx, man!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, started putting a few on books last night. These seem to be good for most regular sized books. Easy to get on the jacket and they have 3 tabs of adhesive that attaches to the paper backing of the cover (not the dust jacket) so it stays in place.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3