Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Login with firefox

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Login with firefox

Hey guys,

yesterday i did delete my complete history/ cache of firefox... and for some reasons i cannot login

When i type the login/ pwd, the page 'thank you for login" appear, but then i am redirect to the homepage and i am never logged in

Any idea?
    (i am using chrome just now... but i need to be able to login with firefox)

At work i have a similar problem... except that when i refresh i am actually logged in
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What version of Firefox are you running, what operating system, and what Virus protection?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

also, did you try to just click on "Forums" after this, without logging in again? It has done the same thing to me a few times, but then I discovered that although it says I am not logged in, I actually am, and as soon as I get to "Forums", I see everything as it should be

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had a similar problem with a different browser, and it had something to do with the cookie seeting. Double check to see if Firefox has changed your settings after you cleared the cache.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont really understand because it is the only website it happens with... and only since i cleared the cache+ cookie... Otherwise i had been using the same firefox + laptop for over a year i think.
    @RF : windows 7, firefox 4.0.1 (it always worked.. and dont want to update to firefox 5 because i will loose compatibilty of some add ons...), mc affee
    at work: windows XP, firefox 4, dunno the antivirus

@Jean : "also, did you try to just click on "Forums" after this, without logging in again? It has done the same thing to me a few times, but then I discovered that although it says I am not logged in, I actually am, and as soon as I get to "Forums", I see everything as it should be"
    Like i said, i know that it works for me, at work... so i tried, but it doesnt work

@jimimck : "I've had a similar problem with a different browser, and it had something to do with the cookie seeting. Double check to see if Firefox has changed your settings after you cleared the cache."
    Can you please be more specific? The cookie settings looks fine to me : they are valid up until they're expiration

thanks guys for your answers
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

No ideas?

It is quite annoying... :--(

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would try, again, deleting all cookies, etc. from within Firefox, close Firefox and open IE and delete all cookies/temp files/history/etc. from there and close IE and open Firefox and try the site again. It definitely sounds like a cookie problem but different browsers can leave different cookies that conflict with each other. If all that doesn't do anything there is always the dreaded remove/re-install of Firefox.

Country
    Country Flag

Might have to go with uninstall/ reinstall firefox... :-(

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

@jimimck : "I've had a similar problem with a different browser, and it had something to do with the cookie seeting. Double check to see if Firefox has changed your settings after you cleared the cache."
    Can you please be more specific? The cookie settings looks fine to me : they are valid up until they're expiration
    Hey pal,
    For me it was the browser wasn't saving any new cookies, and so it wouldn't accept I had logged on. But you sound as though you've checked the cookie setting and it is correct, so must be something different sorry.

Cheers
    James

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of fixed it.
    As it may interest someone else, i did 2 things that might have helped :
    - firefox. going into : about:config - searching for "cookie" and reset all of those that are not on "default" settings.
    - and i think that the most important one is... "keep logged in". THIS works and it is maybe the main thing... as if i do not tick it, i still cant log in...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Valuable information. Thanks.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Buy a iMac?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Buy a iMac?
    Or use Safari for PC's, or upgrade to Firefox 5. If you use Firefox, sooner or later the upgrade will have to be done.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda like raising the debit limit, eh?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Buy a iMac?
    Or use Safari for PC's, or upgrade to Firefox 5. If you use Firefox, sooner or later the upgrade will have to be done.
    I dont like Safari... Chrome is better, but i need Firefox for all of my addons... and i dont think that firefox5 will change anything because it must be related to some cookie settings. It is weird because the same problem happens with all the vBulletin forums...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I use FF 5 and don't have the problem. I use it on a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 7.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm using Firefox 5 on my desktop with Windows XP and haven't had any real problems.

John