+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just messin with you.
    That's just how I am.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I fucking love that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Good news

MTV and LOGO to broadcast Buffy Episodes.

Reruns of all seven seasons of the cult series are coming to the Viacom-owned channels MTV and Logo next year.

The show will launch New Year’s Day on Logo with an 18-hour marathon from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. EST. Then starting Jan. 4 it will air weeknights at 6 and 7 p.m. and late nights at 2 and 3 a.m. It will also show at various times on the weekends.

MTV will kick off their Buffy bonanza on Jan. 10 with an 8-hour marathon starting at 11 a.m. EST. Then beginning Jan. 11 it will air each morning at 11 a.m.

Set yer DVRs !!

Also - This news comes on the heels of more good news for Buffy fans. The series is casting for a series of motion-comic webisodes based on Joss Whedon’s highly successful series of “Season Eight” comics.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone watch dollhouse? do we have a thread for it?

i am on season 2 and everything they are doing is changing what they did in the last episode of season 1 i am confused

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

WIN !!

WIN !!!

WIN !!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    does anyone watch dollhouse? do we have a thread for it?

i am on season 2 and everything they are doing is changing what they did in the last episode of season 1 i am confused

I have viewed several episodes, and find it quite imaginative,
    exciting and at times a triffle disturbing. I thought the story line has progressed very well, in a not too surprizing direction in my view.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

are you watching the first or the 2nd series? the final episode of series one had a version of events that are now seemingly impossible

i kinda just worked my way through the 1st series, but the 2nd series has really upped the anti in regards to its story lines, and while it may still be predictive, its very original and entertaining

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

2nd I am sure, quite appocolytic & all, AND
    Spoiler:
    They're out to save the world

Spoiler:
    Somehow twisting the brainwashing to include everyone

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yep thats the one i am watching.
    Spoiler:
    the whole brain washing everyone fitted in quite nicely with the end of series 1 when topher went insane - he had caused the whole world imploding with his invention. but now double spoiled just in case,
    Spoiler:
    certain people have been sent to the attic, and some one else is brain dead???? brain hurts

but on a positive side - is it wrong that i like Alpha?

Country
    Country Flag

Just started Angel Season 3 rewatch. I wanted to start near the time that Wesley isn't such a pansy.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good choice, MonteGss. It's ironic to think that Wesley really wanted to be really "badarse" when he returned in Angel season one in that ridiculous leather outfit...only to become the most deeply and emotional messed up out of all the characters and therefore becoming the most badarse anyway, even though he truly hated himself for it! That's character development for ya!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, he is one of my favorite characters!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    is strange as i have just finished watching Buffy series 3, and he is an even bigger wuss than he is at the start of angel.

I too grew to love the little blighter though, which is bizarre as i really didnt like him series 3

But my all time favourite was doyle **sigh**

just as an aside did anyone watch the finale of dollhouse? do we think that is it now or will they come back for a third series?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Just started Angel Season 3 rewatch. I wanted to start near the time that Wesley isn't such a pansy.
    He's a badass "rogue" demon hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Good choice, MonteGss. It's ironic to think that Wesley really wanted to be really "badarse" when he returned in Angel season one in that ridiculous leather outfit...only to become the most deeply and emotional messed up out of all the characters and therefore becoming the most badarse anyway, even though he truly hated himself for it! That's character development for ya!
    yeah, this is why I think Angel as a series was much better, deeper and darker than Buffy.

is strange as i have just finished watching Buffy series 3, and he is an even bigger wuss than he is at the start of angel.

I too grew to love the little blighter though, which is bizarre as i really didnt like him series 3
    MINE TOO! He annoyed the shit out of me in Buffy though.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    yeah, this is why I think Angel as a series was much better, deeper and darker than Buffy.
    Although I haven't quite seen every episode of Angel or Buffy, gotta say I do agree with ya JB. Angel was dark, mature, but best of all, it never took itself too seriously. I think the moment I thought, "Yep, this is definitely better than Buffy", was that moment in Season 5 which had Angel and Spike getting shot at by a mother and child with machine guns in slow motion. Even cooler was that the two vampires with souls were wearing their trademark trenchcoats at the time! A petty reason to prefer one from the other, perhaps, but an awesome one!

It's ironic that I do prefer Angel to Buffy though, considering that for the longest time, I was deeply skeptical of it being half as good as Buffy. The fact that it was always shown at midnight didn't exactly help in me randomly catching it, either. (No joke!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree.

Since I watched Buffy before Angel, I first saw Wesley in the Buffy episodes. Annoying..and a bit funny.
    Rogue demon hunter....hysterical!
    His growth throughout and his darker mood in S4/S5 was pretty dang cool.

I wonder...is there any folk out there that watched Angel before every watching any Buffy? I don't know of any.
    If there are, how would they view Wesley's appearance in Buffy, once they've seen it? Do you think it would be different from ours?
    Whadda think?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Although I haven't quite seen every episode of Angel or Buffy, gotta say I do agree with ya JB. Angel was dark, mature, but best of all, it never took itself too seriously. I think the moment I thought, "Yep, this is definitely better than Buffy", was that moment in Season 5 which had Angel and Spike getting shot at by a mother and child with machine guns in slow motion. Even cooler was that the two vampires with souls were wearing their trademark trenchcoats at the time! A petty reason to prefer one from the other, perhaps, but an awesome one!

It's ironic that I do prefer Angel to Buffy though, considering that for the longest time, I was deeply skeptical of it being half as good as Buffy. The fact that it was always shown at midnight didn't exactly help in me randomly catching it, either. (No joke!)
    it took you till series 5!

imo it lost it in series 5, just me but angel being the boss of the big bad just didnt sit well when you looked at the beginning of Angel. i was torn on them bringing spike in, on first watch i was a little miffed as this was Angel not Angel and Spike. but on the second watch i warmed to it a little, but still felt they pushed out established characters for more Spike air time.

i watched it on its original run when it as shown straight after Buffy, and it was ace to see some of the interactions between the two shows
    Spoiler:
    when buffy dies saving dawn, we get to see angels reaction straight after, and when faith helps save angel and then goes back to sunnydale **goosebumps** - i'd love to see them show the con-currently again

Monte in answer to your question, i know only one who watched angel before Buffy (for some reason they didn't like Buffy? humph) anyhoo.... they hated, and i mean hated Wesley in Buffy when i watched it with them - they couldnt even reconcile Wesley the rogue demon hunter with wesley the watcher.

My Mood
    Worried

Heh. I am such a noob. I've hardly seen any of the Angel and Buffy shows. You guys got me to watch those.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oh you should!!! and then come back and tell us all what you thought

Sci fi has series 1-3
    and have just found series 4 on fx (of buffy)

My Mood
    Gay

Woof - You gotta check out Buffy !!! MTV and Logo are both showing episodes in syndication now.

( oh, and I have to disagree with these good people - I think Buffy is by far the better show. Angel was okay, but sincerely, I thought Buffy was much better - I liked the characters better, the story arcs and the writing seemed more fluid )

My Mood
    Worried

Hmmmm. I will definitely have to check them out.

You know what sucks? Comshit Cable has moved the TV guide channel to premium. Money grabbing bastards.

So there's no flipping to the guide to see what's on TV at the moment. I'm sure that I've missed a lot of good shit because my attitude has been this: if I have to log on to the internet to see what's on, I'm watching something on the internet and not cable.

I guess I need to reset TV Guide online.

Believe me, I realize what a petty bitch that is. That's why I don't bitch about it so much. *snicker*

Come to think of it, I'm not sure when we watched more TV that we really watched any channels other than History, Discovery, SciFi (not so much SyFy), and Cartoon - except ABC for LOST (and that's really only me).

Just checked - at least TV Guide online still works.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I loved the beginning, "we help the helpless" seasons. IMO they were funnier and better. Never really liked the whole Connor story arc, but everything else was golden.

I completely agree.

Since I watched Buffy before Angel, I first saw Wesley in the Buffy episodes. Annoying..and a bit funny.
    Rogue demon hunter....hysterical!
    His growth throughout and his darker mood in S4/S5 was pretty dang cool.

I wonder...is there any folk out there that watched Angel before every watching any Buffy? I don't know of any.
    If there are, how would they view Wesley's appearance in Buffy, once they've seen it? Do you think it would be different from ours?
    Whadda think?
    I don't know anyone who's watched Angel before Buffy, but if they did they probably wouldn't like it. Wesley was the biggest sissy in the history of the world in Buffy.

it took you till series 5!

imo it lost it in series 5, just me but angel being the boss of the big bad just didnt sit well when you looked at the beginning of Angel. i was torn on them bringing spike in, on first watch i was a little miffed as this was Angel not Angel and Spike. but on the second watch i warmed to it a little, but still felt they pushed out established characters for more Spike air time.

i watched it on its original run when it as shown straight after Buffy, and it was ace to see some of the interactions between the two shows
    Spoiler:
    when buffy dies saving dawn, we get to see angels reaction straight after, and when faith helps save angel and then goes back to sunnydale **goosebumps** - i'd love to see them show the con-currently again

Monte in answer to your question, i know only one who watched angel before Buffy (for some reason they didn't like Buffy? humph) anyhoo.... they hated, and i mean hated Wesley in Buffy when i watched it with them - they couldnt even reconcile Wesley the rogue demon hunter with wesley the watcher.
    I figured as much, can't blame them.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast