Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

*donning my asbestos suit*

i have never seen firefly and have therefore never heard the theme song

okay, let me have it. . . .

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You definately need to check it out, it's a great series.
    Here's the theme song if you're curious.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=9z4P-8oHOiI"]YouTube - Firefly - Opening Credits[/ame]
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Such a great song. I have it on my iPod.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thats pretty badass right there.
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

Traveler PixelJuice is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Firefly - the best, yes, the best. Another one the network axed without seeing the potential.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

OK, sure, you're right.

You feel better now?
    As I said before..... MOVING ON...
    Now who's being condescending, jerkoff?

Go read an f'ing book, find out how comedy and tragedy sometimes have to intermix in order for both to succeed or fail, then when you want to say something, say it, and because maybe then, your opinion will matter. Cause right now, you're clueless and what you say means nothing.

EDIT: Ban me, warn me, whatever me. I'm not letting some undereducated pissant talk down to me and laugh at me, because they can't grasp the idea of comedy being part of the dramatic institution that is Buffy the f'ing Vampire Slayer.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 06-09-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Added a special message to the Mods

dude that was like seven days ago. move on, we have.

now then, on to something much more pressing. my fucking dvr ate the eps of angel that i recorded AGAIN!!!!! i was so looking forward to watching them because my friend still has my entire buffy and angel dvd collection.
    i'm having withdrawal symptoms. and i missed smile time - again!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I just recently started watching Angel, we got the boxed set, and we're almost finished with season one. I was surprised with the number of "cross-over" episodes w/Buffy and someday I'm going to try and put the two shows in "order" and watch them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CPU View Post
    My wife and I just recently started watching Angel, we got the boxed set, and we're almost finished with season one. I was surprised with the number of "cross-over" episodes w/Buffy and someday I'm going to try and put the two shows in "order" and watch them that way.
    in season one there were quite a few crossovers because they were still on the same network. it's cool to have them both on dvd and be able to watch them in order. when they were on tv a few of the crossovers didn't work out because of shows getting bumped and what have you.

let me know when you've seen the ep entitled "i will remember you".

Country
    Country Flag

When my wife and I get bored, we'll usually throw in a random Buffy disk and slowly finish out the series from that random point. It usually plays in the background. It's a good "anytime, all the time" sort of show. Just like Angel is.
    Last edited by MonteGss; 06-10-2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: forgot about angel

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yes it is.

i've said so before, I wish my wife could enjoy it like I do.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I guess I'll have to watch Buffy and Angel sometime. I've seen the Buffy movie, and I'm familiar with the concepts behind the shows, but I wasn't sure I could stand an entire series about a valley girl vampire killer and her pals. All your (the collective you from this thread) glowing praise + Seth Green* = add to Netflix queue.

*Seth Green makes everything he is in better just by being in it.

ETA: So I saw Angel was on this morning on TNT. I started to switch the channel, and I saw it was Touched by an Angel. PHEW! That was a close one!
    Last edited by Woofer; 06-11-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: I was almost Touched by an Angel! AIEH!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Buffy the series was very different from the film. I enjoyed the show so much, to me it was the best vampire stuff since Lost Boys.

I think it depends on how you like your vampire stuff. If you like a bit of cheese mixed in with your gore, then Buffy is the program for you

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, this message board is just too friggin' good to be true! First I find an X-Files thread and now an Angel/Buffy/Firefly thread! FRICK! It's great to be alive!

I'm a HUGE Buffy and Angel fan. My husband got me hooked on both of them. We have all seasons of both series and when there's nothing good on TV my husband and I take turns picking which episodes we're gonna watch. And just let me say, I always pick something with Spike in it! Roooowwwwwrrrr

I just recently started watching Firefly on the Sci-Fi channel after seeing the movie Serenity. Good stuff. I guess I need to break down and buy that on DVD too...I wish there were more than one season of it...Damned TV execs that think reality TV is "entertaining" should all be SHOT!

That new series sounds interesting. The husband is completely in love with Eliza, so if it does happen he'll be over the moon happy.

Donna

Country
    Country Flag

Donna, you are my new bestest friend!

My wife got me hooked on Buffy but I in turn got her hooked on Angel. Firefly is definitely worth buying, it was an awesome concept.

My wife and I do the same thing with our DVDs of the 3 series. We will either do the random episodes when we're bored or we will pick a season and just watch it through to the end of the series.

I didn't like Faith and I don't much care for Eliza, she bugs me. I can't see myself watching this new series though I didn't ever think I'd watch Buffy either. Stranger things have happened.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

you gotta love Faith, a slutty tramp that can kick some ass, that's just awesome.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Faith was very slutty.

My Mood
    Breezy

at the end it was just cheezy though. The last season Faith was just too over the top with the hipness.

I Love my season 3 Faith though.

Country
    Country Flag

yeah....but she wasn't as hot as season 3 buffy.

My Mood
    Breezy

Dude, season 2 buffy is the hotness. after season 5 though, she just got too skinny.

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Too skinny, she lost what figure she had.
    I'll say Season 1-3 were the hottest years, but that's all the compromise you'll get from me.
    Besides, I thought you were mainly interested in watching David Boreanaz...isn't he like your man-whore?

My Mood
    Breezy

he's my second bitch, after you

no one has an ass like you, Monte.

and that is why we need a fuckyou smiley.

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John,

I believe you may be my husband in disguise. Every comment you made about Faith and Buffy and the seasons have ALL come out of my husband's mouth at one time or another.

Me, I like Faith. She's weird and hot...that's a sexy combination. It'll get you into lots of trouble in real life, but on TV it rocks! Besides, the hottest girl on Buffy is Willow...once she quits dressing like a 12-year-old. ::ducks::

Also, you're absolutely right, a "fuck you," smiley is esential if one wants to fully express oneself!

Monte,

I can always use another new bestest friend! I love this forum it KICKS ASS!!!!! And you have awesome taste in television!

Donna

My Mood
    Breezy

welcome Donna, your husband must be a genius, and hung like a horse as well.

Dark Willow is super hot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast