Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: The Whedonverse

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uuuuugh basically nothing in the last episode of Dollhouse went the way I wanted it to. I give it a C.

Spoiler:
    I hated Alpha the entire show, until the last episode, at which point they promptly sent him away. And Topher died. I kind of enjoyed the Victor/Sierra bits, but they were often cheesy. Sigh.

Also am I the only one who realizes this thread is still here?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good thing you reminded me actually, as I'll probably be using this thread next week. Only watched one ep of Dollhouse, which looked ok, but not quite as memorable as Whedon's other shows, to me, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    YES! HAHAHAHAHA!

That looks awesome, Ka-Mai. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Thanks! I would be wearing it right now if it wasn't 70 degrees out. I seriously wore it around my boyfriend's apartment all weekend. It's on a teddy bear now because I can't stand to put it away where I can't see it.

I think it's pretty screen-accurate, so if anyone else is looking to get one I can tell you where I got it.

Edit: Tonight I ordered a Blue Sun shirt, so in a couple weeks I'll have a pretty sweet outfit.
    Ahem, JB!

When I was researching hats, I found a pattern that someone made after painstakenly counting rows and stitches on her HDTV. She went as far as to measure his forhead and do MATHS and junk. Alas, my knitting skills are not up to making something real.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that pattern, but I wasn't up to making it myself (I don't knit) so I bought a regular one.

Seriously, do not expect the awesomeness of other Whedons in Dollhouse. Dushku can't act, and that's like half of the problem. On the other hand, Fran Kranz.

How can you not love that face?! He somehow manages to be nerdly-cute and bangin' hot at the same time.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that! Told my friend I thought the stoner guy in Cabin in the Woods was cute...and she looked at me like I was sharing his bong

Country
    Country Flag

That coffee cup bong was more or less my favorite thing ever. I want one, even though I never smoke.

Anyway, look at those eyes! Look at that hair! That smile! How could you not love him? He's working with Joss on some more things, I'm crazy excited. Much Ado About Nothing has Nathan Fillion as well! Yay! (Oh, and Sean Maher, who I have mixed feelings about. ) This one isn't Joss, but it has Enver Gjokaj and Dichen Lachman, so basically the only three people in Dollhouse I cared about are now going to be in a movie without Eliza Dushku fucking it up.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does anyone else wish they would just go ahead and do something about planned Giles spinoff Ripper already? I read that Whedon had planned something with the BBC, which would be a great fit, especially considering the quality of their shows in recent years like Torchwood, Life on Mars and Sherlock. Also, Anthony Head described it as "Cracker with ghosts". If they could make that half as awesome as it sounds, I'd be up for that! Just wish they'd get the bloody rights sorted out so they could crack on with it!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait...that's a thing that might exist? How did I now know about this already? Holy shit, that needs to be made now!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know, right? Totally needs to be made! Especially with Anthony Head in the role, can never have too much Head!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like I could make a joke out of that last sentence, but I don't really want to

but yes..I agree. Can never have too much of Anthony Head

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I feel like I could make a joke out of that last sentence, but I don't really want to
    Why do you think I phrased it as such?

Btw, been reading up bits and bobs of the Buffy: Season 8 comic series. Sounds...interesting, to say the least. Now really keen to check that out, actually. Anyone on here read any of it?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You are awful...

and yes, I have been doing the same thing. I would love to read them, but can't really justify buying all those comics. They are so damn expensive, for something that will take me a few hours to complete....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21