Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I loved the beginning, "we help the helpless" seasons. IMO they were funnier and better. Never really liked the whole Connor story arc, but everything else was golden. .
    me too, i loved series 1 (doyle **sigh) and series 2.
    dont get me wrong i loved all 5 and was sad to see it go, but these two stand out as the two that i loved the most before it all got bogged down with connor, and wolfram and hart etc etc etc

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Connor story arc! Even though it can be argued they are the same, what I didn't like was the Cordy/Jasmine storyline. That was a little painful. The Wolfram & Hart season with Spike was awesome!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cordy/Jasmine dragged, but so did the Connor shit. Cordy and Connor was entirely puke inducing!! Monte, you loved it because you're a big fat girl

Country
    Country Flag

Connor is a great character and is cool cuz he's so messed up. Allow me to repeat: the Cordy/Jasmine storyline from S4 was absolutely terrible. Connor wasn't.

Oh, and I am not fat!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Blah, blah, blah...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- Never been a big fan of Cordy in either series. However, I did like her better when she and Buffy were head-to-head in their girlie-ness.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

My order:

1. Angel
    2. Buffy
    3. Firefly (if it had lasted, it would be at 2)
    4. Dr Horrible
    100. Dollhouse

My Mood
    Gay

Monte .... but how did you feel about Dollhouse?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    <-- Never been a big fan of Cordy in either series. However, I did like her better when she and Buffy were head-to-head in their girlie-ness.
    I always hoped for some intense slumber party, pillow fight.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen Serenity but not Firefly.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I'm pretty sure they almost had one of them during the Prom Queen episode!

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

We have got to seriously figure out a way around this REGION 2 thing so we can all share DVDs!

( though I did manage to set my laptop to Region2 so I could watch the first five seasons of BBC's BadGirls )

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

What?!? Go. Now. Watch.
    Don't come back til you're finished.

It's pretty damn cool.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Darkthoughts: what MonteGss said. It's not just one of my fav Whedon shows: personally, along with Doctor Who, Being Human and Life on Mars, it's one of my fav shows ever. See it asap!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok chaps, I'm on a mission.

Pam Bad Girls...shakes head I'm old school, Prisoner Cell Block H all the way!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

My order:

1. Angel
    2. Buffy
    4. Dr Horrible
    100. Dollhouse
    My list exactly. Only thing I liked about Dollshouse was that Fred was back, even if she's not Fred anymore. I miss my Winifred
    Connor is a great character and is cool cuz he's so messed up. Allow me to repeat: the Cordy/Jasmine storyline from S4 was absolutely terrible. Connor wasn't.

Oh, and I am not fat!
    But you are a girl? I'd rather watch Cordy/Jasmine than Connor crap.

I like the Connor story arc! Even though it can be argued they are the same, what I didn't like was the Cordy/Jasmine storyline. That was a little painful. The Wolfram & Hart season with Spike was awesome!
    I liked it best. I only hated the Gunn storylinie in that season. Dude went soft.

In lingerie, to be more precise? If we're gonna wish, wish big.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I loved the beginning, "we help the helpless" seasons. IMO they were funnier and better. Never really liked the whole Connor story arc, but everything else was golden. .
    me too, i loved series 1 (doyle **sigh) and series 2.
    dont get me wrong i loved all 5 and was sad to see it go, but these two stand out as the two that i loved the most before it all got bogged down with connor, and wolfram and hart etc etc etc
    I knew you had good taste.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My order:

1. Angel
    2. Buffy
    4. Dr Horrible
    100. Dollhouse
    you know, Dollhouse grew on me in the second series.

My list exactly. Only thing I liked about Dollshouse was that Fred was back, even if she's not Fred anymore. I miss my Winifred
    what did you think of Illyria? didnt like her at first but on a rewatch recently she really grew on me esp in fade away

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

what did you think of Illyria? didnt like her at first but on a rewatch recently she really grew on me esp in fade away
    Really? At first I HATED Illyria. Then i started to like her. Especially that episode where she keeps kicking Spike's ass. But the truth is, it's the only place they could go with Fred without the stagnating of her character. Who was she going to date next? They COULD have added me to the script, I'd date her. We could have an Angel Wedding episode!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

My order:

1. Angel
    2. Buffy
    4. Dr Horrible
    100. Dollhouse
    you know, Dollhouse grew on me in the second series.

I gave it a shot but if Joss can't grab me in the first hour or so, then it's not worth it, imo.

My Mood
    Gay

Joss Whedon directing "Avengers" for Marvel
    By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Joss Whedon is in final negotiations to direct the movie version of Marvel's all-star super-hero team "The Avengers."

Whedon's name first surfaced on Web site iesb.net in early April as being on the shortlist of directors Marvel was considering for the gig. He quickly and quietly became the only candidate, with reports surfacing Tuesday he was in talks.

Marvel had no comment.

"The Avengers" is the culmination of Marvel's movies and the storylines featuring the company's individual heroes: Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor; other Marvel comic book mainstays include the Wasp, the Scarlet Witch, the Vision and Hawkeye although it remains to be seen which of those characters will make the cut.

Marvel's dealmaking with its main actors in those previous movies provided for their inclusion in starring roles in "Avengers." That means Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evan (Captain America) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) are expected to take part.

The involvement of Ed Norton, who portrayed Bruce Banner/Hulk, is less clear; the last Hulk movie, released by Universal in 2008, saw the actor clash with the company during post-production, leaving future association in doubt.

Marvel executives have a busy time ahead: "Iron Man 2" opens May 7; they are in production on "Thor" in New Mexico; and "Captain America" begins shooting in England this summer.

"Avengers" is expected to begin shooting in early 2011. Paramount, which has handled several of the company's recent pictures, presumably will distribute, though Marvel itself is now wholly owned by Disney.

Whedon is well-regarded in the comic community for creating "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," spin-off show "Angel," and cult sci-fi show "Firefly," and he directed many of the shows' episodes. The one feature he directed -- the big-screen version of "Firefly" called "Serenity" -- received good reviews but failed commercially.

Hiring Whedon as the director of "Avengers" would continue Marvel's out-of-the-box thinking when choosing directors (and actors, for that matter). Jon Favreau, now a superstar director thanks to the first "Iron Man," was considered a fish-out-of-water choice for that movie, having previously shot the well-reviewed box-office bomb "Zathura."

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!

Joss Whedon is a GOD
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not that the original Firefly intro wasn't perfect, but God bless 80s cheese. More importantly, God bless fans of 80s cheese and Firefly with too much time on their hands!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEfGbj9qS4"]YouTube- Firefly Intro... The Awesome Edition[/ame]

Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy

had to share

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

aha thats what it is

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast