Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Susan and Cuthbert

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, sorry guys, don't buy it for a second. I think there was a lot more to their love than just puppy crush.
    same here. i don't like to think that Roland would risk everything, his life, his friends' lives, their mission, all bc he is "in love with the idea of being in love." for those who say 14 is too young to know what love is, it's allegedly too young to be a Gunslinger too, but he was able to do that. Roland is not ordinary. as for Susan, she literally gave her life for her love. that seems a bit more than just in love with an idea as well.
    Perfectly put
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Cool thread idea! I am sure I can PM you with some good IF questions.

I think Susan was a silly little girl and she caught Roland at an age where he was not quite the true gunslinger he ended up being. Both of them were really young and they believed they found some deep, true love. I've said my views in other threads.
    If she had met Cuthbert first, I think she would have "fallen madly in love" with him instead. I know my answer won't be very popular but that is what I believe.
    i heart monte.

i've said this many times but i do not think roland and susan were the lovers to end all lovers. they were 2 kids in love with the idea of being in love. i truly believe she would have fallen in the exact same way for cuthbert, or alain, or shemmie for that matter.
    Yes! Thank you!

I also heart monte but sadly I disagree with you and bethany. I just feel that in no way could she have fallen for Cuthbert. It just wouldn't have happened, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, sorry guys, don't buy it for a second. I think there was a lot more to their love than just puppy crush.
    same here. i don't like to think that Roland would risk everything, his life, his friends' lives, their mission, all bc he is "in love with the idea of being in love." for those who say 14 is too young to know what love is, it's allegedly too young to be a Gunslinger too, but he was able to do that. Roland is not ordinary. as for Susan, she literally gave her life for her love. that seems a bit more than just in love with an idea as well.

well said boys. I completely agree. Roland and Susan weren't your normal average 14/15 year olds. And their love wasn't a crush of some randomness. This shaped Roland and his quest for the Tower. He never would've ended up on the path he led for so long if it didn't start with Cort and Susan.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

well if matthew and sarah agree, i know i'm right

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you all make me want to throw up!
    The second Roland saw the Tower in the Grapefruit, Susan became less important to him. The Tower is Roland's true love.

Susan, yeah maybe, she could be truly in love with Roland but it wasn't a love of legend or anything near it. Which is why I still say that this silly little girl could have fallen for anyone, not just Roland.

I don't mind being the minority on this one. I still heart all of you. Well, except CK.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

it has not so much to do with age as with the length of time. they weren't together long enough to forge an enduring love.

/me joins OJ in the vomitarium.

for the record, i don't like susan at all. she's a silly twit.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    for the record, i don't like susan at all. she's a silly twit.
    See I think THIS is the real issue.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Monte's right guys. Roland planned on taking Susan to Gilead and letting her marry someone else after he saw the Dark Tower in the Grapefruit. That was before she was sacrificed.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dear friends: don't forget there is a specific thread where Roland-Susan little affair is discussed: Their love

obscure: I'm glad we agree again... I posted what I think on that kind of "love" here, and later in that thread, too; also there are many interesting thoughts by many people, who both agree and (mostly) disagree with this point of view

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the redirect Jean. I'll check it out.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you all make me want to throw up!
    The second Roland saw the Tower in the Grapefruit, Susan became less important to him. The Tower is Roland's true love.

Susan, yeah maybe, she could be truly in love with Roland but it wasn't a love of legend or anything near it. Which is why I still say that this silly little girl could have fallen for anyone, not just Roland.

I don't mind being the minority on this one. I still heart all of you. Well, except CK.
    Yes I agree with this and the ones who said she would have fallen for Cuthbert if they met before Roland. With the ugly situation that Susan was force in, Cuthbert, Alain, or Roland would have been the one for her. Just to get out of Mejis and out from being the Mayor's gilly. Actually Cuthbert would have been better especially given his sense of humor which to me was sorely missing from R/S romance. Their love was born in gloom and they acted like it and it ended in gloom. With Bert maybe things would have been different.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandLover View Post
    With Bert maybe things would have been different.
    Possibly. I suppose that if it had been C&S, they would have ended up drinking cocoa in an alternate universe happily ever after.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    This may be a lot deeper possibility than you'd think though.
    Certainly she was very immediately, and very strongly, smitten with Cuthbert when she first met him.
    *goes off to booksearch*
    "Then his gaze returned to her and he gave a smile of such sweetness that a confused but brilliant thought (If I'd met this one first-, it began) shot through her mind like a comet."
    I would hope I would be much more smitten with the strength of a sweet smile, and overcome my confusion, and follow the brilliant thought that this is perhaps someone I should be with, than a man I'd end up burning tied to a tree for. But hey, maybe that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5