Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pet Names

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sugar-Buns!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet cheeks and love muffin are two of my favorites!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Kitty (and some variations), Sexkitten, Kitten
    Lovebunny
    Toots

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not big on pet names, but my Dad has always called my Mom "babe", and I've grown to really love it. I thought it was weird and embarrassing in my early teens, but now I think it's pretty adorable. They just had their 34th wedding anniversary. Crazy sauce.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well and then there are some people who just can't pull off saying pet names because they always do it in an unsufferably annoying fashion that makes my skin crawl...

But as a general rule, I think they're adorable.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ALWAYS use pet names. Especially when calling my girlfriend's dogs.

I really do always use pet names. I had a few for my late wife, and I also had one or two sayings that would have made little sense to anyone but her. I'm now beginning to acquire pet names and secret sayings with my girlfriend. What can I say? It's the language of love.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My husband and I are ridiculous about pet names. We try to come up with the stupidest things just to crack each other up. He calls me every morning around 9 when I'm at work and says "Hi (stupid pet name of the day)". This morning it was "Hi, spicy hot pepper sauce". But on a regular basis, he calls me Bay-Bay or just Baby. This is pretty much my name now to him, he calls me Erin so little that when he does, I worry that something is wrong.

I used to despise pet names and i've never used them in past relationships, but for some reason it just feels right and natural in my current relationship.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    My husband and I are ridiculous about pet names. We try to come up with the stupidest things just to crack each other up. He calls me every morning around 9 when I'm at work and says "Hi (stupid pet name of the day)". This morning it was "Hi, spicy hot pepper sauce". But on a regular basis, he calls me Bay-Bay or just Baby. This is pretty much my name now to him, he calls me Erin so little that when he does, I worry that something is wrong.

I used to despise pet names and i've never used them in past relationships, but for some reason it just feels right and natural in my current relationship.
    how cool! My son and his family play a game a dinner where they call each other food names, my grand-daughter loves to call him barb-a-que sauce and he calls her pancake syrup, she rolls on the floor laughing every time! Your spicy hot pepper sauce made me think of that today.........thanks for my laugh of the morning

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When you find yourself doing something in a relationship that you used to hate but now it feels right to do it, that usually means there's something right about that relationship that wasn't there in the others.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Worried

I LOVE that. A guy and I that I used to work with would do that with me. Like I said, "I had a big and tasty for lunch." And to that he said, "No YOU'RE big and tasty!"

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    When you find yourself doing something in a relationship that you used to hate but now it feels right to do it, that usually means there's something right about that relationship that wasn't there in the others.
    Amen!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I used to think the song "Delta Dawn" was horrible, "She's forty-one and her daddy still calls her 'baby'." Seriously? That reeked of loser to me. However, now that I am pushing 40 and my daddy still calls me baby, I see nothing wrong with it.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HAHA Bethany! I know what ya mean. 40 used to seem soooooo old but now that I'm in the mid 50s I'd give my left nut to be 40 again.

My Mood
    Worried

Boytoy
    Superman
    Eye Candy
    My hero
    Wife (it's hot when you're married to someone you love)
    Husband (again, it's hot when you're married to someone you love)
    Pretty Woman
    Goddess
    Gorgeous

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my sister and her husband have special names for each other when they get into and argument to calm each other down. If she or he is about to say something rather bad they would just say "yes dear" and the argument is over....I have seen them do this several times and it surprises me each and every time.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Worried

My sister calls me Pigpen and I call her Sunflower. I also call her Nanoo.

The Pigpen/Sunflower thing is from the Pespi/Woodstock II commercial.

Nanoo, is of course from Mork and Mindy. Nanoo Nanoo.

My Mood
    Worried

Nurse
    Doctor

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was in my 20s I gave my pets some pretty weird names. I had a dog named Grendel and a black cat named Nicodemus. These days if I get a dog I'm more likely to name him Bob or Steve or maybe Doug.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I rarely call the heathens by their given names. They all get their middle names more often than not. Then I refer to them by either 1, 2 or 3. Emmy obviously is Emmy. Or Runt Funny/Runt. Or Clair Bear. Or Memi. Savannah is Nanna or Baby Girl. Hmmm, Annabeth is just Olivia. The other two call her Crannabeth, Anti-Beth and the ever popular Analbreath.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

My Emma is Emmy too... or Ned.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My grandma had nicknames for most of my family. She called my mom Jitterbug.

When I was a baby she called me her “little dolla” because I look like a little doll according to her. So when I learned to talk she became Grandma Dolla to me.

It was probably a good thing because she had the same last name as another one of my grandmas and it would have been confusing referring to them.

My cousins always called her Grandma Angel because she had cherubs all over her house.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    When I was in my 20s I gave my pets some pretty weird names. I had a dog named Grendel and a black cat named Nicodemus. These days if I get a dog I'm more likely to name him Bob or Steve or maybe Doug.
    I had a rat named Nicodemus! And one named Semprini!

I love to give my pets weird names... society frowns on us giving our non-furry babies strange names like Mandarin, Keeter, Mambo, Possum, and Velcro. Though I have had some more tame pet names, like Majel, Oscar, Dante, and Linus.

My Mood
    Worried

My mom used to call me Monkeybrains when I was little. And Nona.

She doesn't remember calling me either. Now that I've finally read the short story Nona I think it's hysterical!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

hermosa

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    hermosa
    Hi, Junior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast