Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bumps in the Night

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I couldn't reisist.

Yes, I believe there are such things. Sadly, if you are strictly agnostic or atheist you have a far bigger problem.

"You are not real. You are not here, but you must go. "
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yes...thats quite a conundrum isn't it...although I think atheists could believe in poltergeists as thats (most likely) some form of kinetic energy.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

To be honest I don't think too much of it. But she has thought about having someone come over for a look. I'll probably step out at that point though, things have happened but I'm a skeptic.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday at work the strangest thing happened to me. I was about to call a customer and while I was dialing the number, a song popped in my head. It was that "Bubbly" song by Colbie Caillat. I don't even like the song, I hadn't heard it that day or really any day recently that I can remember, but suddenly the song's tune was running strongly through my head. While I was waiting for the call to connect I was thinking how strange it was that song popped in my head. Then all of a sudden, that song started playing through the phone! The customer had that song set as her phone's "ring". It was so so weird! I had some kind of psychic moment.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

"You are not real. You are not here, but you must go. " [/QUOTE]

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how believing in ghosts, poltergiests or demons has anything to do with believing in God. I don't believe in God yet strongly believe in ghosts.

As for personal experiences:

1. While in the deep end of my pool, talking with friends years ago, a violent splashing happened in the shallow end as if someone had fallen in yet could not swim. The thrashing continued for about fifteen seconds. No one else was around.

2. While doing dishes I dropped a spatula. I bent down and picked it up and when I stood up again, every cupboard in my entire kitchen was open, about 12 of them.

3. Me and my old friends used to use the Ouija Board all the time. Many things happened during it's use; lights flashing on and off, television turning on an off, weird shadows, orbs and having the planchette itself levitate and spin. During an instance with a ghost named Alex, a friend of mine was insulting it and, out of anger, Alex sent the planchette flying across the room where it hit him directly between the eyes.

The following, in terms of getting me chilled to the bone, are the craziest experiences I've had.

4. Walking up the basement stairs someone walked by, wearing black pants with gray pinstripes, like the '30's. I paused, rushed up the stairs and found my brother and my mother to be both wearing shorts.

5. While talking with friends in my room we all stopped and stared at the door. We all noticed the black shadow pass the door.

6. With no stereo I had computer speakers hooked up to a discman. While reading a book loud static starting coming out of the speakers which were on, but not playing music. I shut them off. When the static came back I unplugged them and left the room.

7. One night while trying to sleep my door locked itself followed by light tugging at the foot of my blanket.

Now, for the weirdest, most craziest experience I've ever had:

8. Me and some friends were drinking. My friend Dave had gone for a walk to Tim Horton's (coffee/donut shot for non-canucks) with another guy Rob. On the way back, according to Rob, Dave suddenly punched him in the face and ran a couple of kilometres back to my house. When there he freaked out, puked all over the place and tried to hurt people. When he finally settled down, he looked at me and said 'stop writing me.' I was currently writing a short story based on us and our Ouija Board experiences all fictioned out, he was to be the one possessed by a demon and kill another of us. I stopped writing and plain deleted the story the next day.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

Love to read these. I wanted to share one more with you concerning my Great- Grandmother who lived to be 100. She lived in the house across from us and died when my little cousin was about 5 months old. His mother is named after my Great-Grandmother and she also lived with her for most of her life. My little cousin D was about 2 1/2 and was playing around outside with my Aunt watching him. He would stop at the foot of the stairs gong to my Great- Grandma's and talk to someone although no one was there. My aunt asked him who he was talking to and he would say " Mama Sparks" she just dismissed this for a while, but he kept on and would laugh and talk and talk. Finally, my aunt said " What does she look like?" and he mimicked her exactly. due to age she had stooped over and walked with a cane. he bent his back and was holding an imaginary cane. My aunt then asked her what she was saying, and he said he was telling him funny things and was saying "Howdy Little Asher!" A nickname that only she called him. It freaked my aunt out big time to say the least. Another time all of the grand kids were playing out in her yard and they ran into the house saying that they heard music playing from Mama's house. My other Aunt scolded them, but they insisted that they had heard music, so she went out to investigate. She heard music and ran up to the house. Mama's favorite song, "Beulah Land" was playing and her chair was rocking. I believe my family and what they say, but I am a little confused in all of this, because I believe in heaven and I was sure that if anyone would make it, she would.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

3. Me and my old friends used to use the Ouija Board all the time. Many things happened during it's use; lights flashing on and off, television turning on an off, weird shadows, orbs and having the planchette itself levitate and spin. During an instance with a ghost named Alex, a friend of mine was insulting it and, out of anger, Alex sent the planchette flying across the room where it hit him directly between the eyes.
    Mattrick,
    This is not the first story I have heard concerning the use of Ouija Boards and ghostly phenomenon. I do not use them, because I do believe in demons or evil spirits and from everything I hear on the subject, it is like opening a doorway for them to cross into your home.

If I am not mistaken, the movie "The Exorcist" is based on a real case that took place in the 50's except it was with a boy instead of a girl. It had been stated that an Ouija Board had been used in the house before all of this occured. It's not my business to tell you what to do, but I would never use that thing again.

OMG! As I was writing this to you, I got a case of the cold chills like you wouldn't believe and heard something moving in my office. I commanded it to go away in the name of Jesus(If you don't believe that is your deal, but I am telling the truth on this one) and the chills stopped and so did the noise. maybe something doesn't want me telling you this. Who knows?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well, i'm reading the shining right now and i had to stop and put the book in the freezer.

(i'm so scared right now)

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In the freezer?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well not really in the freezer (friends reference) but close enough that I really had to stop reading it for a bit.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I made that reference to Dagger's the other week when I was re-reading IT.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default You're Dead! The Ghost Thread

You can all blame alinda for this one - her question in the spotlight threads gave me the idea. (and mods, I did search for a similar thread, but damned if I can find one - I thought one existed, but my search fu is not working for some reason - feel free to move/merge if necessary).

Post your encounter with the supernatural here!

I'll start:

Ten years ago, my husband committed suicide. About a week later, I had had him on my mind a LOT (naturally) and I used to have to take the laundry out of the apartment down to a separate building. I came in with the laundry basket one day, shut the door, and his picture fell off the wall, did a complete flip, and landed face up on the floor. I was so startled I said "What do you want?" before I even realized I was speaking out loud. (Note, I had our wedding pics on the wall, one of us in the middle, and one of him on one side and me on the other, for almost 2 years. NEVER had they fallen off the wall before then - they never even got "crooked" with the opening and closing of the door).

Not long after, my quaker parrot, who hated him with a passion when he was alive, freaked out and was staring at one corner of the ceiling and screaming her head off. Now, she was a screamer normally, but I'd had her awhile by then and I KNEW she at least thought she saw something. Later on I learned of stories of pets and small children "seeing" the dead, so the fact that she was so fixated on that corner disturbed me.

Not long after that, I was looking to move. I wanted to move to the bigger town next to the one I lived in, and at that time apartments were at a premium - you had to get on a waiting list to get one. My lease was getting close to being up; I was going to have to renew for another year if I could not move out. I had gotten rid of/put away all of my husband's stuff by then, except for one picture which I had propped up by my computer. Frustrated with my apartment search, I looked at that picture one day and said, "You need to find me an apartment before you go to the light or wherever the hell it is you're supposed to go."

The VERY NEXT DAY, I got a "feeling" I should call the complex I really wanted to get into. I had no idea why. Being one to generally trust my instincts, I called. An apartment was available! They had called the person on the list before me and had not heard from her, and were about to call me and see if I wanted it. What's more, it was on the top floor in the corner, EXACTLY THE LOCATION MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE PICKED HAD HE BEEN ALIVE.

After I moved, the freakiness completely stopped, and I didn't "feel" him around anymore. Previously I always had a feeling he was "around". I can't explain why, I just did. I think part of his pennance was to make sure I was okay before he moved on. Just my opinion, of course - you can draw your own conclusions.

These didn't happen to me, but when my dad died, my sister not long after said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw my dad in her room waving goodbye to her. Now, she is the more emotional/needy of us two, and they were very close when he died, so I could totally believe she would see him and I didn't. He always knew I could take care of myself. He wasn't so sure about her.

My mom, who absolutely does NOT believe in ghosts, still has no idea how this next thing happened.

Anyone know the Little Ceasar's Pizza Guy? My dad had somehow snagged a little stuffed pizza guy and for a joke hung him on the lamp in the livingroom. This was a running joke in my family and "dad's pizza guy" hung there for several years. My youngest niece had some weird fascination with it, and would take it down to play with it, but my dad had her trained to put it back when she was done.

Well, not too long after he died, Kayla was playing with it and left it on the floor when she went home. My mom saw it but was on her way out too and figured she'd get it when she got back (my dad hadn't been gone long then and she kept it around just because it was familiar).

When she got home, the pizza guy was back on the lamp. She will tell you in one breath she did not put it there, and in the next one will tell you she must have, because of course it could not have gotten there by itself. My first reaction was that of course dad put it away!

The capper was when, after one serious offer on her house that fell through, my mom got a good offer on the one year anniversary of my dad's death.

The first offer had been some college kid dad would NEVER have approved of - parties and whatnot - and the offer that went through was a nice young couple who wanted a big yard and lots of room to raise a family. I was at the closing and they were all interested in how to care for all the plants, etc. around the house. These were totally my dad's kind of people.

I'm quite sure he picked the new owners.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I love this thread, and cant wait to hear all of your stories.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I knew I could make somebody happy today.

And I love a good ghost story, too!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    In Love

I'd tell you all my story, but I think I am the ghost in it

The answer is within

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, now I need to hear it!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Ohhhh the right time of the year for this thread especially. Love it! I have several ghost experiences to tell but as I am heading to bed soon I'll save them for later.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Great smiley
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to hear your stories, CK.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Daghain, thank you for sharing you story with us.
    You are so strong. *hug*
    Cannot wait to read more stories.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

At last. It wasn't easy at all but I could find this thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...5253#post55253 - Bumps in the Night.
    There are some incredible stories in it.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    In Love

Shall we merge them dearest?

The answer is within

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, we shall

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast