Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do you think all those spammers go.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my copy today. I've looked at it a little but I'm pretty nervous handling it. Not one of those books you can just place by your bedside...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey ......face
    Congrats on the new limited !

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just got my copy today. I've looked at it a little but I'm pretty nervous handling it. Not one of those books you can just place by your bedside...

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the portfolio itself but wished they had used better paper stock for the prints if they had used the same paper as they did for the paper the use for the signing paper that would have been GREAT. I mean for $85.00 what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I love the portfolio itself but wished they had used better paper stock for the prints if they had used the same paper as they did for the paper the use for the signing paper that would have been GREAT. I mean for $85.00 what do you expect.
    They were both 100# paper, but the printer used both a card stock and a different 100# "art" stock for reasons I'm still not quite sure of. I also would have preferred the card stock. But by the time we had all of the artwork and we were collating and we saw the difference, it was too late to do anything about it.

I'm still very pleased with how the portfolio turned out, and it turns out it was a real bargain at $85 or so. That price was based on the original design for the portfolio itself, a design which I chucked during production because it was too flimsy and I wasn't happy with how it looked. By the time we got the actual portfolio right (three prototypes later!), the production costs had soared and we basically broke even on the project, which is actually pretty dumb of me from a business perspective! A smart business person would have just left good enough alone with the original design and actually made some money... ha! But I didn't like what I was seeing in the prototypes, and I'm stubborn about these things, so we kept working until we were happy. Thank god I have a boss who understands.

A lesson or two were learned on this project for sure. We'll have to be smarter about pricing -- and checking the printer's work! -- if we ever do another portfolio like this!

Thanks for the feedback. Always very much appreciated!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You might've only broke even on the project, but CD put out a quality product that will no doubt attract returning and new customers, giving you the opportunity to increase your profits on future projects.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    You might've only broke even on the project, but CD put out a quality product that will no doubt attract returning and new customers, giving you the opportunity to increase your profits on future projects.
    Thanks! I know we've had our problems and made our mistakes over the years, but we hope the final products we produce make the collectors happy...!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even order the portfolio and it made me happy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there extra copies of the IT s/l book cover such that If I was to ask for another(not bad..just the ends are not perfect) it would be of no bother? gladly pay for the shipping.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^ of course I can live with what I have...just wanted to ask about it. It really is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Is there extra copies of the IT s/l book cover such that If I was to ask for another(not bad..just the ends are not perfect) it would be of no bother? gladly pay for the shipping.
    Email Dan, if there are extras of anything, he'll be able to help you out!

danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

^ many thanks

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Was wondering - is there an ETA on the Lettered Edition?
    Calla Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Was wondering - is there an ETA on the Lettered Edition?
    Yep, the deluxe boxes are due to arrive by the end of August, so we're almost there. We'll send another update (like we did in June -- let me know if you didn't receive it!) to those who ordered if anything changes and also to confirm shipping addresses a little closer to the time of shipping. (And if anyone who ordered a copy from us did not receive the update email on June 5th, drop me a line so I can double-check your email address on your order!)

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

So I just bought the gift edition of It from a private seller. It is brand new. Perfect condition except the bind/glue etc is off. Not sure if I should say something. I do hear it can happen normally with large books over time. I’ve had a brand new book before, never read and saw it happen. Obviously it bothers me just enough to make this post though . Is this normal and should just enjoy the book as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainet View Post
    So I just bought the gift edition of It from a private seller. It is brand new. Perfect condition except the bind/glue etc is off. Not sure if I should say something. I do hear it can happen normally with large books over time. I’ve had a brand new book before, never read and saw it happen. Obviously it bothers me just enough to make this post though . Is this normal and should just enjoy the book as is?
    Can you post a pic of the binding? That'll help everyone see if it's "normal" separation for this particular big book or something abnormal.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

I will do that tonight when i am home.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate spine lean (I think that's what it's been called) or maybe page block lean. Anyway, I've put some of my larger books on the shelf lying on the spine so the weight of the page block is pulling it away. Kind of an OCD thing with me.

Country
    Country Flag

So here is the book. The pages are completely intact. But spine lean is now off. Other than this, it's in perfect condtion.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So here is the book. The pages are completely intact. But spine lean is now off. Other than this, it's in perfect condtion.

Hotlinking pictures from your mailbox doesnt work for other people ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice link Scoogs, spine sag is a killer.
    I've been making text-block supports for years, anal to most folks, very tedious but the rewards are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Last edited by Cook; 06-14-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: replaced "book shoe" with "text-block supports"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cook,
    Given the length of many of SK's books, that's probably a very good idea!
    Mark Twain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    ...spine sag is a killer.
    I've been making text-block supports for years, anal to most folks, very tedious but the rewards are worth it.
    What material do you use? I ask because the block is in contact with the paper.

Once you have perfected the dimensions making the first one for a given book you own, would it then be easy to make more that match? If you'd be amenable to making them, I'm interested in buying.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast