Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    I actually prefer the IT lettering from the first dustjacket. I like the color, the way the mud is splashed across the letters, and the way that they appear to be emerging from the fog.
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I sort of agree, but the lettered 'IT' seems to fit the best in terms of the color scheme of the DJ art. Also, the gift 'IT' lettering is a tad too massive for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Personally i do prefer the letterd's cover and like the limited's least!
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.
    I'm not sure Brian has realized this thread exists yet, but I will address some of the cover stuff you guys where talking about earlier. We presented many cover options to King who picked out the design for the Gift, which I'm glad he picked the one he did as it was my personal favorite. We also wanted all 3 editions to have different DJ's not only to make it easier to tell them apart but to make them a little more unique. So we basically voted and chose the 2 we liked the best out of the remaining refined cover designs. We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I actually prefer the IT lettering from the first dustjacket. I like the color, the way the mud is splashed across the letters, and the way that they appear to be emerging from the fog.
    I sort of agree, but the lettered 'IT' seems to fit the best in terms of the color scheme of the DJ art. Also, the gift 'IT' lettering is a tad too massive for my taste.
    As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.
    I'm not sure Brian has realized this thread exists yet, but I will address some of the cover stuff you guys where talking about earlier. We presented many cover options to King who picked out the design for the Gift, which I'm glad he picked the one he did as it was my personal favorite. We also wanted all 3 editions to have different DJ's not only to make it easier to tell them apart but to make them a little more unique. So we basically voted and chose the 2 we liked the best out of the remaining refined cover designs. We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.
    I agree with everyone here. I feel that the lettered edition should be more substantially different. Changing fonts and other smaller adjustment doesn't seem to make much of a impact from one DJ to the other. I really liked that Buick 8 Lettered DJ was completely different than the other editions. Just my opinion.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

There were eleven pages of discussion on the topic of this exciting announcement over in the Cemetery Dance thread. I moved those posts over to this dedicated thread so all the discussion will be in one place for easy reference.

Thanks.
    - Patrick

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hi everyone,

There were eleven pages of discussion on the topic of this exciting announcement over in the Cemetery Dance thread. I moved those posts over to this dedicated thread so all the discussion will be in one place for easy reference.

Thanks.
    - Patrick
    Glad to see you got the 'ol OCD under control!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick.

We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.
    I was vetoed on this one -- I was the one who wanted to go artwork only again -- so I'll make up for it by using such an incredible combination of binding materials that you may not WANT the book to have a DJ.

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.
    I was vetoed on this one -- I was the one who wanted to go artwork only again -- so I'll make up for it by using such an incredible combination of binding materials that you may not WANT the book to have a DJ.

Brian
    Well Spoken, Good sir!!!!!!! I like your style!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

See, Stephen King and I prefer the same one Actually, he probably like it because it's similar to the the way IT lettering appeared on the dustjacket of the original trade edition.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks.
    - Patrick
    Glad to see you got the 'ol OCD under control!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Busy at work = Appearance of control. Hmmm...

Truth is I would have done it yesterday but I was only on the board for all of about five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks Patrick.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just fooling with ya................................

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.
    For us they're practically the same, as we usually only produce one or the other, and it's almost always produced at the same stage of production. No idea if we're doing them or not for this one though, that'd be a Brian or Rich question.
    We've only created printed AND bound proofs for proofreading for a couple of projects over the years... normally the proofs for proofreading are loose pages.

Brian

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.
    For us they're practically the same, as we usually only produce one or the other, and it's almost always produced at the same stage of production. No idea if we're doing them or not for this one though, that'd be a Brian or Rich question.
    We've only created printed AND bound proofs for proofreading for a couple of projects over the years... normally the proofs for proofreading are loose pages.

Brian
    As I've never read IT, I'd be happy to proofread for you with a fresh set of eyes.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PATRICK!!!! Still? What'll I do with you . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I can think of plenty of things.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Get a room!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Brian and Dan, I will be happy to proof read this edition of 'It' for you. I do not mind the loose pages at all. Just send it my way and I will get right on it!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian-
    Can't tell you how excited I am for this one. Perhaps when you have a chance to breathe you can share with us the story of how this came to be: how was it pitched; who approached who; how involved is King in the production; how long have you been working on it; how were the artists picked...that sort of thing.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you
    Ha, yes it was... and what a long, crazy day it was!

Brian
    Happy Birthday Brian,
    Thanks again for everything.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Brian and Dan, I will be happy to proof read this edition of 'It' for you. I do not mind the loose pages at all. Just send it my way and I will get right on it!

Brian
    I think the short version is a couple pages back. It was in the Cemetery Dance thread before patrick moved the posts.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Hey Brian-
    Can't tell you how excited I am for this one. Perhaps when you have a chance to breathe you can share with us the story of how this came to be: how was it pitched; who approached who; how involved is King in the production; how long have you been working on it; how were the artists picked...that sort of thing.

I'd hope that any extra proofs would be offered to the 2000.00 lettered customers first (for an extra cost of course)

hey Brian,
    do you know if the lettered IT editions can be matched up to the SOD I & II lettereds (same letter for all three)?

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

The ebay listing for the S/L is back. I believe it is the same seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25t...ht_2308wt_1139

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for the seller and good for the (possible) buyer. If both are happy people should not be up in arms about it.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    The ebay listing for the S/L is back. I believe it is the same seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25t...ht_2308wt_1139

I just find it interesting that he/she ID watermark stamps the cover picture for the listing... which is obviously one he stole/"borrowed" from CD and did not take himself.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

At least he can now truely advertise it is sold out....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast