Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    And if there is so much traffic that we crashed CDs servers? I think that they might have a sellout on this one pre-publication. 2,750 gift editions or not.
    1,750 copies of FULL DARK sold out in 2 months and I think IT might have more "core" fans...! We'll see what happens, should be fun either way!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I shouldn't have but i ordered, surprised there are as many as 750 though
    Thanks for the order! For Cemetery Dance SK books, we always try to do 750 copies since that's what we did for Buick, SOD 1 & 2, FDNS... King has been very generous to sign this many sheets and I know we and our collectors really appreciate it!!

Brian

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Lucky that i got my order in so quickly
    As did I.
    I was switching back and forth between facebook, the forum and the CD homepage and just before five pm, there it was!
    No problem ordering my editions.

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is big news and really caught me by surprise. I'm pretty excited and I'm glad I got my order in early.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    It has, and every time it's usually because the Host doesn't believe us when we tell them it'll be a really really high volume day.....

Edit: As I say that the site comes back up.....
    Well it being back up may have just been a fluke, seems to be down again, this is highly frustrating....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my order in just before it crashed!!!! Not even totally sure what I bought yet!!!! LOL I saw "King", "IT" and 25th Anniversary and went straight to the order page!!!!!! Must have been the last to confirm before the initial crash!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The site crashed right when I finished my order. It did not give me a receipt and the book is still showing in my cart. When I tried placing the order again it says it can't because its a duplicate. DID MY ORDER GO THROUGH OR AM I SCREWED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME surprise by the way. (if my order actually went through and I get the book)
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Also, I think this is the first time I like the gift edition jacket lettering more than the other, more expensive editions. Yay for me!

This book also hold the dubious distinction of being the most expensive book I've ever purchased that did not contain the signature of the author. Haha, yes, I know it's King. But still?
    I like the Limited edition jacket the best, followed very closely by the gift. I'm sorry to say that I don't care for the lettered edition jacket at all. If you ask me the lettered editions should have NO text on the covers at all, only on the spine.

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I got the gift edition. Had to refresh a couple of times, but I have it. I mean IT!!!!!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Lenny, send myself or Brian an email with your account email address and we'll check for you.

danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I really want a limited of this one, but I can't get through to place an order! Can someone post prices with the limitations?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered a Limited!

I've got to say this is the most pleasant Limited Edition announcement in a long time. IT is my second favorite novel by King. I'm really excited. And I can order and pay for it, thank you! this isn't like Grant where I got shut out even though I bought the previous book and many others through them.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Man, I really want a limited of this one, but I can't get through to place an order! Can someone post prices with the limitations?
    Published in three states:
    • Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)
    • Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)
    • Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Ric beat me above :-P
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    You weren't whistling Dixie about "It" being big (the news that is).
    This is so cool !!
    Ordered mine....... Limited

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Those were super quick replies, thanks! Now to keep hitting the refresh button over at CD...

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Ric beat me above :-P

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$2,000 is a lot of COIN for the lettered edition....anyone out there think it is worth it?

I will post when we hear the Host has done their thing and orders have started again -- thanks for your patience!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Published in three states:
    • Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)
    • Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)
    • Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)
    Great news...about time this book got the treatment it deserved!

I think the limitation and price is just about dead-on...fewer copies would freeze out too many people....too many more and it wouldn't have been a legit collector's item.

I'm probably going to dither until it's sold out...oh well....but I think this is a sure-fire investment-quality limited (I don't think the lettered is ever "worth" a price this high, but collectors at that level are less concerned about the secondary market than I would be).

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    You weren't whistling Dixie about "It" being big (the news that is).
    Big in more than one sense of the word as well. This litterally is going to be a huge book, I think we figured almost 3 times as many pages as our edition of FULL Dark (don't quote me on that though).

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

I'm guessing that hundreds of people tapping refresh at the same time probably isn't helping the issue much ;-)
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Country
    Country Flag

AARRGGHH! Got to the payment page before it crashed again!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

The cost of the lettered is certainly higher than any of the other King books they have published. FDNS lettered was $1500.

I'm a sucker. It's my favourite book by King....Lettered and limited ordered.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered
    had to constantly refresh but after 15 minutes it went through ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast