Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

The Limited is no longer listed on the site. There's now a message stating:

"IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR COLLECTORS

The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced. You can join the Waiting List for the Limited Edition if you want to be notified if copies become available due to cancellations or non-payment."

Looks like they're all gone. Congratulations to Cemetery Dance on the quick sell-through!
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy belated birthday, Brian. May you have many, many more!

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I like the UK artwork too. King, however, is on record as hating it.
    So much so, that he inscribed his copy to Kirby McCauley, "For Kirby, I hate the cover but I love you" 8/20/86
    Haha i never knew that ... i too love the UK cover, i have a later printing of it sat on its own to show it off

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you
    Ha, yes it was... and what a long, crazy day it was!

Brian
    and many more from the Netherlands as well!

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    and many more from the Netherlands as well!

sk
    +1.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Congrats on the limited sellout! Oh yeah, Happy Belated Birthday too!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the UK artwork too. King, however, is on record as hating it.
    I agree with Mr. King here. The font for the author's name is bad, and that bad illustration! The US cover is simple and striking. One of my favorites.

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gonna take a Gift Edition. A SL is out of my price range.
    I hope the Case is red. Then it would match the Edition Phantasia "Es"!!!
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is my favorite copy of IT. However the new limited comes a close second!

OMG....that is friggin gorgeous! One of a kind I suppose? Very, very nice
    Phil

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market
    I'm looking toward the secondary market myself but sadly I knew it wasn't sold out yet when I decided I couldn't quite afford it today.... I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony. Alas I'll be quite happy with the Gift edition at least
    Phil

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    OMG....that is friggin gorgeous! One of a kind I suppose? Very, very nice
    As far as I know. I've never seen another one like it. Real leather.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Brian can you tell us how all of this came about? Did you approach King or did he come to you? How long has then been in the works, etc. etc.
    I think we would all like to here the story behind this amazing annoucement.
    IT has always been Richard's favorite book, and the personal significance to him came up in conversation late last year... along with the realization that this year would mark 25 years since IT was first published. Some ideas were kicked around and the project came together very naturally... and, luckily, very quickly because there wasn't much time for production! We've been burning the midnight oil ever since to make sure we could publish IT this year while not letting up on the other books we're publishing this year.

Brian
    SWEET and Thank you!
    Phil

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm kind of funny in the respect that I don't even want to see a book's cover before I buy it. I like to be surprised when I get it in the mail and open the package, so I really don't care what the artwork looks like and scrupulously (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly) avoid looking at any posts of artwork in books I have not yet received; FDNS for example will not be looked at until I read the book some months from now.
    I'm the same way on movies; hate watching the trailers until AFTER seeing the movie, and I avoid at all costs reviews, excerpts or anything of the sort on books or movies I have not yet read or seen yet.
    I usually like all the book covers anyway, and don't really hate any of them. Whatever the publisher decides to put on the dust jacket is always fine by me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony.
    Oh yeah ... my wife ... hmmmmm ................

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My girlfriend doesn't know :0 and i hope it will stay that way until it mysteriously appears on my bookshelf

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While I'll love anything they go with (my first King limited afterall!), if I had my choice, I'd take the author name lettering of the limited and pair it with the title lettering of the gift and like others have mentioned, move the 25th anniv thing to the spine.

As for the lettered artwork, in my opinion (not that it matters in the slightest, haha), I too think it should just showcase the art. At the very least, get rid of the orange title lettering. IMO, that's the worst of the three.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife played a big part in me deciding on the Gift edition.
    But the more I think about it (IT), that is going to be just amazing and I have no regrets! I love my unsigned Salem's Lot, and expect IT to be just as cool...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tim, for some reason I thought you already had a King S/L. Congratulations with your first one!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Michaël! I have a few gift editions and if Monday had been the limited announcement of King's JFK novel, as I was sure it would have been, then that's all I'd still have. But who could pass up a signed IT? Not this guy, with an employer-paid tuition-reimbursement check burning a mighty hole in his bank account!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market
    I'm looking toward the secondary market myself but sadly I knew it wasn't sold out yet when I decided I couldn't quite afford it today.... I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony. Alas I'll be quite happy with the Gift edition at least
    Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony.
    Oh yeah ... my wife ... hmmmmm ................
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    My girlfriend doesn't know :0 and i hope it will stay that way until it mysteriously appears on my bookshelf

My husband will be pissed when he finds out I spent $125 on another book! (I promised him I would quit, but I just can't!)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's okay Pixie ... we can hook up after the divorces are final. At least we'll know where the money is going!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people marry for money, but imagine marrying in to a kick arse King collection....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.
    That was me. I think the lettered edition should showcase the cover art. They did that for FDNS and i thought it worked really well. It's not like anyone who is forking over $2k for a book doesn't know what they're buying!
    I like this idea a lot.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    My wife played a big part in me deciding on the Gift edition.
    But the more I think about it (IT), that is going to be just amazing and I have no regrets! I love my unsigned Salem's Lot, and expect IT to be just as cool...
    Totally agree - I love my gift editions and am super blessed to have them at least (and have my wife's blessings on those, lol). I tend to still spend plenty on other limiteds, etc.. (according to her - to me it is never enough!)

I'm dying to read the new afterword by SK
    Phil

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.
    For us they're practically the same, as we usually only produce one or the other, and it's almost always produced at the same stage of production. No idea if we're doing them or not for this one though, that'd be a Brian or Rich question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast