Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just because your card was charged does not mean your book has shipped.
    OK, consider it tempered excitement. Please allow me to enjoy the moment....

Buzz kill. First the post indicating to mistercrowley that he ain't getting a PC copy of TWTTKH and now my book hasn't shipped.....

Glass half full tipp, glass half full.....

AKC
    Haha....yeah, Tippy's all about taking the half-full glass and pouring it over your head, then breaking the glass on the ground and rubbing your face in the shards.

As for Crowley's PC question - it is definitley better to buy a numbered copy. Chances are that eventually they'll do another SK limited, even if it's not DT-related, and a number will guarantee that book.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just because your card was charged does not mean your book has shipped.
    OK, consider it tempered excitement. Please allow me to enjoy the moment....

Buzz kill. First the post indicating to mistercrowley that he ain't getting a PC copy of TWTTKH and now my book hasn't shipped.....

Glass half full tipp, glass half full.....

AKC
    Haha....yeah, Tippy's all about taking the half-full glass and pouring it over your head, then breaking the glass on the ground and rubbing your face in the shards.

As for Crowley's PC question - it is definitley better to buy a numbered copy. Chances are that eventually they'll do another SK limited, even if it's not DT-related, and a number will guarantee that book.
    Sorry guys....sometimes I just have to be the voice of reality.

If your copy of IT had shipped, CD would have sent out a shipping notice.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

if anyone has a lettered copy of the upcoming 25th ann "IT" , im looking for one. Thanks

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    if anyone has a lettered copy of the upcoming 25th ann "IT" , im looking for one. Thanks
    DITTO.......should be able to get one on the secondary market around list price.....$2,000.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

im hopeing

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

DITTO.......should be able to get one on the secondary market around list price.....$2,000.
    im hopeing
    Why would anyone other than a dealer who might have received a discount sell you the book for less than the $2K they paid for and it likely won't be delivered for a year or so?
    CD will likely refund the $2K to anyone who has paid and asks for a refund.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My opinion is simply based on the historical lettered edition pricing over the course of the last year.

Secretary of Dreams Lettered Editions were released with a retail price of $1,500. Now they are being sold for $1,000 - $1,250 and the TDT members still can't move them....

WHEN they eventually come out, I just don't believe you will see the appreciation as aggressively as the #'d Editions....

Of course in my humble opinion only.....

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Why buy them then? Not being flippant, just curious

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the resale pricing will follow SOD for a couple of reasons. First, in my opinion, SOD 1 & 2 are hideous oversized books and I can't imagine anyone who owns the lettered copies actually counts them as prized collectibles. I've got mine packed away in a closet. Second, IT is a favorite (if not THE favorite) book of legions of King fans. From the pictures CD has posted so far it looks like it is going to be a very, very nice book. I think this one will be cherished by King fans and collectors for years, sort of like the S/L THE STAND.

Lettered SOD's. Beauties aren't they.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

But I think it's all in how you present them:

AKC- Is the DT member selling an actual Lettered copy or a PC copy. Big difference in value. My opinion also.

I am selling my Matching Lettered R set for actual publish price, and have announced that but that is only for members here to help a collection out. I don't think just because I've done that makes the value of that set not worth it. Again, I believe there is a difference in value of a PC vs actual lettered.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I am selling my Matching Lettered R set for actual publish price.

Mulleins
    I think the fact that you are selling them at all speaks for how highly you value them. Am I right or way off base?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If the list price was $2K, then I don't see it selling on secondary market for much more than $2250-$2400 or so - there just aren't that many collectors with the $$ AND who won't already have it.

The reason The Stand sells for so much is its had more than 20 years to climb in value...this lettered won't come out tomorrow and sell for $3K the day after; it just won't happen (except for the outlier sale).

But - unliked lettereds of Buick 8, and SOD, this is a classic that people might hang on to, so that will keep IT from dropping below issue price like those books.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Way off base. I'm helping a family out that lost his job and has a family of four. I've talked him into starting his own landscape company and offering the books was the best way to get him some cash. So again, I do value them, but I value my friends more. This isn't a story I've yanked out of my rear, our very own Jerome can vouch that him and I talked about this sometime ago and the plan for me to do a special sale on DT to quickly move books to help the family out. With my new IT job I couldn't find the time to inventory everything I was selling.

That sell is still coming by the way.

Mulleins

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Way off base. I'm helping a family out that lost his job and has a family of four.
    Mulleins
    Good for you. Nice gesture.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't think the resale pricing will follow SOD for a couple of reasons. First, in my opinion, SOD 1 & 2 are hideous oversized books and I can't imagine anyone who owns the lettered copies actually counts them as prized collectibles. I've got mine packed away in a closet. Second, IT is a favorite (if not THE favorite) book of legions of King fans. From the pictures CD has posted so far it looks like it is going to be a very, very nice book. I think this one will be cherished by King fans and collectors for years, sort of like the S/L THE STAND.

Lettered SOD's. Beauties aren't they.
    Maybe I'm off based / biased because I work for CD, but if you don't like the Lettered SOD books, why did you buy them? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see much point in owning something that I don't like. Personally I love the SOD lettered editions, especially the books themselves. The leather binding is just awesome. I wish I had the money that I could have them sit in my collection.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob is a completist.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Maybe I'm off based / biased because I work for CD, but if you don't like the Lettered SOD books, why did you buy them?
    I'm just an insane completist. If it is a limited with King's signature I feel like I gotta have it in my collection. I like some items in my collection more than others.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

The insides of the traycases seem nice but the outer portion looks bland.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Off topic a bit...

Just curious: What is your least favorite item in your King collection, Bob?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Off topic a bit...

Do you mean besides SOD 1 & 2?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Off topic a bit...

Do you mean besides SOD 1 & 2?

If that is your least favorite...yes. I meant overall any item...not necessarily a s/l or even a book. What is the lowest point of your collection?

If you rescue me

What is the lowest point of your collection?
    Tough question. There are a couple of items that come to mind; neither of which were cheap.

I really hate the stainless steel Whitney Museum limited edition of MY PRETTY PONY. The illustrations don't seem to go with the story (at least to my mind's inner eye they don't) and it doesn't fit on any shelf because it is so big. So it sits in its original shipping box at the bottom of a closet. I can find no real justification for it ever being done in the first place.

The other is the Edition Phantasia edition of NEBEL. The illustrations do not match the story at all. I have no idea where they came from. It is perceived to be scarce so it sells for a lot but I don't like the book at all.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What is the lowest point of your collection?
    Tough question. There are a couple of items that come to mind; neither of which were cheap.

I really hate the stainless steel Whitney Museum limited edition of MY PRETTY PONY. The illustrations don't seem to go with the story (at least to my mind's inner eye they don't) and it doesn't fit on any shelf because it is so big. So it sits in its original shipping box at the bottom of a closet. I can find no real justification for it ever being done in the first place.

The other is the Edition Phantasia edition of NEBEL. The illustrations do not match the story at all. I have no idea where they came from. It is perceived to be scarce so it sells for a lot but I don't like the book at all.
    What do you think of the Rainy Days S/L?. I have it stored in my closet.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a thread dedicated to discussing the worst item:
    Worst S/L or Collectible Item Ever?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, that is very cool what you're doing.

I have never seen the SOD Lettered editions in person, but I'm guessing from Bob's picture that the outside of the traycase is imprinted and it doesn't show up easily in photos.

I'd love a Lettered IT, but no way was that in my budget. I'm sure I'll be delighted with numbered edition however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast