As some of you may know, although many more do not, I once begat a dark fantasy/horror anthology from an essay I penned during my sophomore year in high school (no less than half my life ago ); a project that stemmed from the strong urges of one Dave Price, the instructor of said class, to branch out the short story I had allowed my essay to blossom into, into a vast, complete work of art. Over the years, I have toyed around with several ideas: attempting to pen a prequel trilogy; beginning with fifteen volumes (since narrowed to thirteen, but if this thing takes on a life of its own, who the hell knows how far it'll go? As King himself once wrote, if you think I'm nuts, ask your English teacher about Chaucer's original plans for The Canterbury Tales); actually completing a Final Fantasy-esque map of the world in which the tale evolves, as well as several individual maps of specified locations; even, at one point, nearly completing the first volume of the series, only to discover the outdated computer I was typing on had a virus that prevented printer capabilities...and completely scrapping the project in a blend of frustration and despair.

Now, however, due to the urging of a confident and determined young lady who has impregnated my brain with her hibernating breed of stern gentility, I have become increasingly concerned with the travails of these characters once again. While I will no doubt fail to pen the near-finished volume to the exact specifications to which I had endeavored previously, I maintain outlines on a secret Angelfire network that permit these blossoming ideas to fester and grow anew, with lists of locations, maps, spells, characters, incantations, chapter and book ideas, relevant quotes (musical and otherwise), and it seems as though the sentient beings lurking in the todash darkness wail for release, to have their stories told, their pain unleashed, their victories celebrated...and their significance known.

And so, for those who may be interested, I formally invite you on a journey, albeit a rather dark one, to a dark land, where shadows subsist and dark truths shine, where gasps wither and screams sigh, where even allegiance is as capricious as fortune's whim.

As the opening line of the opening volume, From the Cradle to Enslave, implores:

There's a place so dark you cant see the end.

Welcome to my nightmare.