Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Seth Macfarlane TV Shows Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Seth Macfarlane TV Shows Thread

Not sure how many of you watch these shows (Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show) but I'm curious if people do and would like to have a discussion on them if you do.

I watch all three shows and would rank them American Dad, Family Guy, then at a distant third Cleveland Show. What do you guys think?
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Family Guy is fantastic , well the earlier seasons anyway. American Dad has it's moments, but it's perennially inconsistent.

The Cleveland show is an abomination to television and it should be buried 6 feet under and have a warlock place an impenetrable barrier-spell upon it's casket so that it's vileness may never see the light of day again.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha feverish, at moments I would agree with you about CS but I still think it is better than 1/2 the animated comedies they're putting on adult swim now.

Also, I think AD is constantly funnier than FG, with smarter writing every episode.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Family Guy>>>>Cleveland Show>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>American Dad

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Roger on American Dad absolutely kills me.

Dimmer switch!!!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

Dimmer switch!!!
    Roger is my favorite too, I think he is what makes the show better than FG. Like they are able to do more, crazier things with him and the fact that he's and alien than Brian being a dog or bears or whatever but I do not think CS is even in the same category of consitent funniness that the other two are in.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Dimmer switch!!!
    Oh, because I am going to need a lot of happy to get over all this sad. Oooh! Dimmer switches! Dimmer switches everywhere!

Ah, that takes me back...
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm just to old or something...but I have never been able to get into any of these shows.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

Dimmer switch!!!
    Oh, because I am going to need a lot of happy to get over all this sad. Oooh! Dimmer switches! Dimmer switches everywhere!

Ah, that takes me back...
    I love that whole episode. Like when he's talking about re-decorating the whole place right in front of the family while they are waiting to die and they give him a bad look and he's all "It's too soon, isn't it? Yeah, it's too soon". That stuff cracks me up.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently watched the latter portion of an AD episode where Stan and Francine keep scaring each other , there's a part where Francine comes out from beneath the sink where a Predator mask on, has anyone seen that !?!?

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Cleveland Show is/was/always will be an abomination. Spinoffs, particularly of cartoons, almost NEVER succeed (see "Daria"), unless it's some pre-franchised deal like Batman. Animated series turning film is just as horrible (see, "The Simpsons"; an EXTREMELY appropriate example as the movie contained about a half hour of actual comedy, which is the approximate length, including commercials, of a series episode). Anywho. American Dad i just could never get into. It always seemed like too much of a rip-off of its obvious predecessor, minus a baby. Stan's as clueless and trite as Peter, etc. Family Guy was, at one point, the wittiest series available on any network, including premium channels' fare. That was before McFarlane decided to pander less to the ribost audience that made him an overnight success and more to the extremist left-wingers who lambasted his material; which essentially now makes not only him but the program itself hypocritical.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i rather like the cleveland show...

sundays episode was really funny especially the gag at the end with "see you wader wobert wodwiguez"
    that just cracked me up
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Brooding

Oh to each his own i merely offer my most honest opinion

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Maybe I'm just to old or something...but I have never been able to get into any of these shows.
    Glad its not just me. I know they are only a cartoon, but really some of the stuff they come out with are just too much.

My Mood
    Brooding

I tend to agree. Beavis and Butthead was groundbreaking but in a witty and sophisticated manner; most of the animated shows that have followed can't decide whether they want to be B&B, The Simpsons, or some odd combination. Blue humor and sight gags only work if you allow them to parody themselves; otherwise it's just an overgrown five-year-old giggling at use of the word "fuck".

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Adumbro, I really like (and agree with) your take on Family Guy. The writing obviously changed and I feel like the writing has gotten lazier, on some episodes it is terrible (example: last episode Sunday had one of the most annoying music bits go on for well over two mins, it's like come on you're using that as filler).

My Mood
    Brooding

indeed. a potentially classic enterprise rendered both irreverent and irrelavant shed a tear for another monkey in the grave

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I never said Fam Guy was dead. Candy, I can appreciate the too much comment, the writers seem to always make sure their is no boundaries (like south park but in a less artistic/relavant/satirical kind of way).

In my book adult comedy cartoon series (that I watch, so please no one crucify me): South Park> Futurama > American Dad> Family Guy. I did not include the simpsons because it is in a category of it's own. Also, this list is not which show makes me laugh the most (Fam Guy would be 2nd to SP in that case) but which show I feel is the most well written/smartest.