Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re-Read King Books--ALL of them--Who's with me?

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should start a "King Re-Read - Book Club" and sorta "assign the books and discuss them? Second (or more) times around?

Just trying to get in the "spirit" here. Just Re-read "The Shining".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

at the moment, it sounds like a very good idea to me

I can't trust my judgment at the moment, though, the weather being a regular bear-killer

I'll come back to this whenever it is below 90F. All opinions and suggestions are very welcome

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    at the moment, it sounds like a very good idea to me

I can't trust my judgment at the moment, though, the weather being a regular bear-killer

I'll come back to this whenever it is below 90F. All opinions and suggestions are very welcome
    "Bear's" should try Arizona!!!! 117 degrees, but its a "dry" heat!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears should try Iceland...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read Carrie for the first time, it was great! So good, I reread it right away.
    Finished Salem's Lot, and it was more awesome than I would have ever imagined.
    I know technically, I should reread the Shining next, but I could not resist reading It first, and I am about half way through. I can't believe how good most of King's early stuff is! So glad I decided to go back and read some of his early stuff. I know I will love a reread of the Shining but I am having to gear myself up to a re-read of The Stand. Not sure why I am getting mental resistance to that book.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've read 99% of his books just once but I'm sure you're right about the re-read. The story and writting is so good and I kept thinking more, more, more but now that I know what happens, I'm sure I'll enjoy every single page even more than before.

So, DT re-read... how many are in?

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading all of his books in chronological order. I am thinking about skipping the DT books because I have read them 3 times each. I have ignored the non DT books of Stephen King. When I am done reading the non DT books in order, then I will do a DT only re-read.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could get with this if "Beam Seeker" changed avatars. That kid with the blood on its mouth really kinda freaks me out!!! LOL LOL Seriously though, that is frightening!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

OK, maybe the first 4? None are too time consuming.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I an currently rereading The Shining, and The Dead Zone.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I started rereading consecutively all of King's books last year in between all the other books I read.. I am at IT currently.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seriously been neglecting my reading of late especially my SK collection. I have, in the past, read my entire SK collection chronologically more than once. I just started to re-read it again. I include all the short stories and novels. No non-fiction. I started with Jhonathan and the Witchs, then People, Places and Things (no copy of Jumper, Rush Call), The Killer . I just finished I Was a Teenage Grave Robber. Next up is The Glass Floor.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tik will become famous soon enough Tik's Avatar

I started re-reading all of Stephen King's books (and watching his original TV series) in order last year. I'm saving the Dark Tower series until last.

I'm on From A Buick 8 at the moment. Re-reading all these books has been an eye opener for me. I'm finding all sorts of Easter eggs and details I missed the first time round. I didn't know Jack Sawyer had a cameo in The Tommyknockers for example. Or that in the world of Derry and Castle Rock a version of Stephen King exists (presumably writing similar kind of books but about different events). The cosmology of the White and the Outer Dark is very consistent throughout, appearing in books I wouldn't have thought they would (eg The Green Mile).

I certainly enjoyed Rose Madder alot more this time round. I got the impression that Rose Madder is the Crimson Queen from the Dark Tower comics!

Really really enjoying it and would recomend doing this to any Stephen King fan!

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, the gang bang at the end of It sort of derailed me. Or maybe I could not face the prospect of re-reading The Stand. Don't get me wrong, I liked The Stand. Just not in the mood for a reread of it. I did like The Talisman. But that got me going on a fantasy kick and I got bogged down in reading Game of Thrones. So I will eventually get back on the reread King in order kick. Not sure I can hold out and get through all of the old stuff to get to the new stuff I would love to read. I grabbed the Full Dark No Stars for quick read over Christmas, and I was impressed! Technically, it was out of order. I was thinking of reading them all, but not necessarily in chronological order, as I was feeling maybe I should skip to Dark House from The Talisman? Then maybe, I thought I would just do DT related books?

I agree that I am finding a lot of cool easter eggs and details I missed the first go round, and some of the stuff I thought I knew but didn't--I mean who knew Carrie was such a great little story?

I am up for a DT reread, but want to read his other stuff first.

Any books I should skip because they will deter me from getting thru the whole stack???
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Gunslinger Apprentice Tik will become famous soon enough Tik's Avatar

Just finished re-reading all of King's books....over 58 of them! Also read the Dark Tower comics and original King movies/TV series such as Storm of the Century and Creepshow.

As I've read them, details I missed or originally didn't notice have come to light and some aspects of what I thought I knew have changed. Andre Linoge, for example. I originally thought him to be his own character but having read/seen everything continuously I am now convinced he is another facet of Flagg/Walter.

All in all it's been a very enjoyable undertaking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2