Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't give you any more positive points.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not everyone is perfect...

Spoiler:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Jogging isn't for everyone (but car rides can be particularly safe).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Jogging isn't for everyone (but car rides can be particularly safe).
    As long as the load is tied down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, just to cleanse the image from your eyes:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfection at its best.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am not complaining, but...imagine if RF updated this thread with the frequency that Mae updates the trailer/movie threads...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I must spread more reputation before giving again to you
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In another thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1174273), someone said: "My random thought of the day is, pet a dog, you'll feel better"

Along the lines of that logic, I am bumping this thread here, so that I might feel better.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see what we can do.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Alright alright alright

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not. We are stuck at home.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! Thanks RF!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to refresh people:

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stay tuned for a "blast from the past" that I don't believe has been told in the previous 1,000+ posts. It might even be lewd and lascivious.
    Strictly from fuzzy memory, and apologies if something is repeated.

In 2005 (believed to be May), Michaela Weiner bought dt.net from the previous owner Tyler.
    Internet Archive of announcement.
    Michaela's husband, Robert Weiner financed Michaela's pet project, and was also using Josh (Co-Owner with Michaela) to redesign the DMG website. Josh received half ownership based upon future deliver of a functional website for DMG books.
    Previous owner Tyler had made a desperate please for money from members to keep the site running and to help pay the "new personal PC, hosting and server" costs associated with maintaining the site. If you donated money, you became a special "Ka-Tet" member with a 19 somewhere in your avatar.
    Tyler ended up spending the money on a car for himself. Staff and members felt betrayed and were outraged. Tyler justified the auto purchase by claiming that if he didn't have a functional vehicle the site would perish as he couldn't pay the costs necessary to run it (the money members raised in the first place). This was the beginning of the end for Tyler's ownership.

Initially the change of ownership was fantastic and things were peachy.

Collector's gathered and conversed primarily in the Collector part of the forum.

At some point, management made the decision that Collector's not only needed to participate in other areas of the site, but they wanted to require that Collector's contribute to the entire site. Someone else may clarify, but there was a specific plan to do so.

Enter new member "Dolan". Dolan was an abrasive, brash, openly gay, 20ish Collector from New York. Essentially crashing in much like Shannon did, but lacking all of the politeness that Shannon exhibited.

Dolan's avatar was a facial pic of himself. No big deal, except somehow tippy4 (still had the turtle avatar) and Dolan got into it. I remember tippy4 telling Dolan that (paraphrasing) "what kind of a freak uses an actual picture of his ugly face for his avatar?"
    A terrible brouhaha ensued. Kenny (Dolan) was want to call anyone he disagreed with a "fucker, asshole, etc." openly in posts. He was very profane and insulting. Thus the site was a must visit. Everyone was literally sitting by hitting refresh every two minutes for the new combative post to appear. Great great fun.

In their infinite wisdom, Management and staff decided that the best way to corral Dolan was to "Promote him". They correctly figured that once in charge, Dolan would become a bossy, rule enforcing Moderator Nazi.

To be continued-hopefully another 400 words tomorrow.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rumor has it that at the Palavercon event organized by Mikaela (Robert Weiner's wife) Robert walked in on Mikaela and several others in the midst of flagrante delicato. This was the beginning of the end for their marriage. Eventually Mikaela ran off with a man (oddly enough named Grant)...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow..... yep looking forward to more
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It should be noted that tippy4 and Dolan long ago patched up their differences.
    Go back and read the entire thread. Skip the bouncing boobs, but there are plenty of juicy tid bits, including a brief time when a member here (currently in good standing, I believe he righted all of the wrongs) burned several others by not delivering on items purchased from him/her.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

I don't even know where to start about .net lol
    So I read the whole thread again (funny memories!) and I think this question was not answered yet. Who was HarleyQuinn19 and what did she do?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A PM sent out (to staff as members couldn't yet log in) in the very early days before TheDarkTower.com went live:

You Should Know This
    Hi. This is a mass PM being sent to all managers and facilitators. Most of you know me, and a bunch of you know me pretty well. Take it however you want.

A few days ago, I stepped down from my position as Director of Operations (read: site designer). I had been approached for this position in February, before Matt bought the domain. He asked me to design the site, as I had known him for a long time and he said he respected my work as a designer. He, Aaron and I were to be equal partners.

The other day, I found an upper-level thread in which Matt said he was meeting with a web development company to subcontract the site work out to. This wasn't a big announcement, or even directed to me. After ascertaining that I was, in fact, being replaced without being told or warned, I stepped down. I was told that the meeting was set up because Matt hadn't heard from me for a couple of days, which I had spent working on the back end of the site and posting on various boards Matt has access to (including this one). In the interest of professionalism, I decided to not make a big scene.

Since I stepped down, numerous people have PM'd me, several of whom have described interactions with Matt that fit this same pattern of behavior. I won't bring them up here out of respect for those they happened to - if you don't believe me, feel free to ignore this paragraph.

This morning, I was emailed this link. In mid-March, Matt was already shopping around for my replacement, beginning with outsourcing it to Pakistan. I, of course, never heard word one about this. During this period of time between him posting the job listing and me stepping down, I had tons of very friendly contact with Matt, including flying from Alabama to Colorado to visit him at his house. I considered him one of my closest friends. I'm not saying this to appear as a victim, I'm trying to give the situation context.

I hate to be sending this, and I really hate drama. But after having talked with others who Matt has treated in the same way, I really don't want it to happen to anyone else. I don't expect it to stay open and visible, but I think it's important that you guys know who's in charge. Like I said, I'd been to the guy's house, bounced around tons of ideas, and worked my ass off for about a month before I saw the thread casually mentioning my replacement. It was unprofessional from a business standpoint, and pretty reprehensible from a personal standpoint.

Like I said, I'm not looking for pity or vengeance. If you guys think I'm a shit-stirrer or a bitter asshole, I'm okay with that - especially if it helps at least one person not get the shaft.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It should be noted that tippy4 and Dolan long ago patched up their differences.
    Go back and read the entire thread. Skip the bouncing boobs, but there are plenty of juicy tid bits, including a brief time when a member here (currently in good standing, I believe he righted all of the wrongs) burned several others by not delivering on items purchased from him/her.
    For the record....I never said..."what kind of a freak uses an actual picture of his ugly face for his avatar?"......but I do recall something along lines of suggesting he rethink his choice of avatar. I don't even recall why Dolan and I got into it....but to your point the hatchet was buried long ago.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as we are sharing stories.......

After Jerome took ownership of the site, Matt sort of disappeared for a while.

A year or two later, a member here let us know Matt had fallen on hard times, and I believe Jerome passed the hat around and raised a couple thousand dollars and gave it to Matt. In addition, Matt had a signed copy of The Gunslinger that had been gifted to him from the staff here, and needed to sell it. I bought it from Matt and told him I would hold it for a year, and if he wanted buy it back I would sell it to him for exactly what I had paid for it. Nine months later I contacted Matt to see how things were going and if he had planned to buy the book back, and he informed me that he would not be in a position to buy back the book....that things had gotten worse financially for him.....and that I should sell the book.

I ended up selling to book for a little more than I paid for it (to an international collector who I heard some interesting stories about later).

Thing is......inside the book was the receipt from King's attorney purchasing the domain name THEDARKTOWER.COM. I kept that receipt.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast