Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I was at PalaverCon (paid my own damn way there) but I have no recollection of who this guy was.
    He was/is 6'8" tall and redheaded. One would think if he was there, you might remember him.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I was at PalaverCon (paid my own damn way there) but I have no recollection of who this guy was.
    He was/is 6'8" tall and redheaded. One would think if he was there, you might remember him.
    Hmmmmm, nope. Can't recall him being there. I do have a horrible memory but I think I would remember that.
    ~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm, nope. Can't recall him being there. I do have a horrible memory but I think I would remember that.
    Do you recall the group grope(s)?

Or the Flyboys get-together shoving Palavercon to the side?

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Nope, no idea. I took a long hiatus after the convention.
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The convention was the reason you took a long hiatus, or it just happened to be timed that way?

The convention was the reason you took a long hiatus, or it just happened to be timed that way?
    Both. I'd rather not get into it, but I recall some drama (as I'm sure many people here do) involving Robert's former wife and others involved in the convention planning. Shortly after the convention in 2005 is also around the time that I had a lot going on in my personal life which included my poor health at the time, refocusing myself away from the King community & collecting.
    ~Jonathan

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest take away from the convention was that there was supposed to be a bunch of artwork available for auction to the paying attendees that surprisingly wound up in the hands of Robert, so it wasn't much of a surprise when the Whelan LSOE remarques wound up in the same place.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where's the book (in Kings hands?)?
    Yes King got a nice gift package containing the book with a custom made door traycase, a covering letter and personalised Constant Reader sculpture. He sent us photos back of him opening everything in his Florida home and the traycase/book and sculpture all given pride of place on a shelf. I did post all the photos back at the time and I'm sure I posted them here at tdt.org at some point. There was a brief covering letter and an inscribed copy of Lisey's Story too.

"Saying he did "some good" is akin to complimenting a criminal who took good care of their cats/dogs."

Yeah I know, I'm certainly not trying to defend him here. Just telling the facts as they were and as I can recall.

I do seem to recall him accessing people's PM's and all kinds of underhand stuff when he had any beef with anyone.

Tippy, I'm almost certain he didn't like you selling books or there was some big thing about selling books through the forum and eventually they banned you out of spite.

The photos we had seen of him, he looked like a biker with a big thick beard. I don't think he did get to Palavercon in the end.

To this day I still don't know the whole story of what happened with Kali (Michaela) but I am sure Dolan (Kenny) was somehow involved and there was another guy but I can't remember his name, Johnny maybe? Never did find out. I just remember something about Michaela disappearing after Palavercon. Robert saying that no project Michaela was involved in would be entertained by DMG and that Michaela no longer worked there. The next thing was the divorce and tdt.net shutting down.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember the picture of King holding up the sculpture and smiling, I had just forgotten about the book. Glad all the stuff made it to him.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. After all the time and effort it would have been a real downer if we hadn't got it to King.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    My biggest take away from the convention was that there was supposed to be a bunch of artwork available for auction to the paying attendees that surprisingly wound up in the hands of Robert, so it wasn't much of a surprise when the Whelan LSOE remarques wound up in the same place.
    damn this guy sounds like a career crook.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Tippy, I'm almost certain he (Valtron) didn't like you selling books or there was some big thing about selling books through the forum and eventually they banned you out of spite.

The photos we had seen of him, he looked like a biker with a big thick beard. I don't think he did get to Palavercon in the end.

To this day I still don't know the whole story of what happened with Kali (Michaela) but I am sure Dolan (Kenny) was somehow involved and there was another guy but I can't remember his name, Johnny maybe? Never did find out. I just remember something about Michaela disappearing after Palavercon. Robert saying that no project Michaela was involved in would be entertained by DMG and that Michaela no longer worked there. The next thing was the divorce and tdt.net shutting down.
    My selling books from time to time was part of it......but I was banned because Michaela believed (and she was wrong) that I had some secret relationship with the two former employees at Grant.....and that I was feeding them information. I had zero relationship with them.

I snuck back on under a different ID.....but mostly laid low.

I know very little about the goings on at Grant books...but the rumors and speculations are that Robert's new wife did not get along with the two women that worked for Robert, and they either quit or were let go (in the end, the wife will always win over the employee). The new wife then seemed to believe she was a book publisher......not the wife of a book publisher...and proceeded to overstep her bounds....posting pictures of the office and warehouse of DMG (which were promptly pulled down when Robert found out)....and "hosting" that Palavercon (which I believe Robert did not sanction....nor was he there).

She also hired Karen French.......who still owes me $100 to this day......so the Secret Santa recipient she did not send a gift to this year was just another in a presumably long list of people she has fucked over in her life.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Tippy - Just wanted to chime in that actually Robert was a huge part in PalaverCon and he was indeed there all weekend. I helped plan that convention and actually stayed for a few days leading up to it with Robert and Michaela at their home and office. Was an interesting time in my life but I'm glad that Michaela is no longer in it....so much drama back then!
    ~Jonathan

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Mik and Kellee at Grant didn't get along - but the reason is because she actually wanted to run the place as a BUSINESS, not a place where you got to hang out and do nothing all day...so I knew where Mik was coming from.

Robert WAS at Palavercon, actually - he was on a panel with 3-4 authors (the guy who wrote Towering Inferno). (I see JReitan just posted the same)

But yeah, there was some drama afterwards - but it was awhile before it really blew up.

One of the final straws was the April Fool's prank about the compiled DT I-VII edition being published as one volume by Grant.

Mik didn't post it, but it was posted at DT.net by one of the mods and people called Grant en-masse (I didn't call, but it fooled me), and Robert blamed Mik by association. Apparently, he was furious.

And yeah, Mik had a problem with Tippy - and then banned him from DT.net because somebody sold him a few Palavercon gift bags, and complained that sale was because she was "betrayed" by other people. It got pretty intense - but since her and Robert were having problems, I'm sure it wasn't related to one thing.

I feel bad - I liked Mik, and saw her and Robert as a couple a few times and I thought they were a good match...she's the one who hooked me up as a proofreader for DT VII. But I went to pick up a book once and I could tell there was some tension.

As for DT.net, there was the guy who posed as Stephen King - he never posted that he WAS SK, but implied it - and then ultimately claimed it in a series of messages with somebody who entrapped him, and then subsequently banned him.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy - Just wanted to chime in that actually Robert was a huge part in PalaverCon and he was indeed there all weekend. I helped plan that convention and actually stayed for a few days leading up to it with Robert and Michaela at their home and office. Was an interesting time in my life but I'm glad that Michaela is no longer in it....so much drama back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Mik and Kellee at Grant didn't get along - but the reason is because she actually wanted to run the place as a BUSINESS, not a place where you got to hang out and do nothing all day...so I knew where Mik was coming from.

Robert WAS at Palavercon, actually - he was on a panel with 3-4 authors (the guy who wrote Towering Inferno). (I see JReitan just posted the same)

But yeah, there was some drama afterwards - but it was awhile before it really blew up.

One of the final straws was the April Fool's prank about the compiled DT I-VII edition being published as one volume by Grant.

Mik didn't post it, but it was posted at DT.net by one of the mods and people called Grant en-masse (I didn't call, but it fooled me), and Robert blamed Mik by association. Apparently, he was furious.

And yeah, Mik had a problem with Tippy - and then banned him from DT.net because somebody sold him a few Palavercon gift bags, and complained that sale was because she was "betrayed" by other people. It got pretty intense - but since her and Robert were having problems, I'm sure it wasn't related to one thing.

I feel bad - I liked Mik, and saw her and Robert as a couple a few times and I thought they were a good match...she's the one who hooked me up as a proofreader for DT VII. But I went to pick up a book once and I could tell there was some tension.
    I stand corrected on Robert's involvment and participation in PalaverCon.

I was banned prior to PalaverCon (I had no plans on going)....but a very nice member there (and here) did get me a couple of Phile Hale signed copies of DT2...that did wrangle a few folks when they found out. David contacted me and posted my response on the forum.......in which I stated that I thought it was funny that even after being banned, I was still ruffling feathers at DT.NET
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah - I remember all that. It was funny sort of...but uncomfortable, because I liked Mik and felt like she HAD put herself out there, as far as the site and all that (she was partnered in it, I believe) and people were letting her down (not Tippy, who had no relationship as far as I know) through inaction/apathy if nothing truly malicious.

But yeah - Tippy was ALREADY banned - and THEN somebody sold gift bags or whatever - and she acted like she'd been stabbed in the back, like, literally.

I emailed her at one point and was like "um, you might be taking this a little too seriously..." Whatever she responded, it didn't change anything.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One thing I recall was that members could buy a "Ka-Tet of 19" symbol that went on your signature or something for like $10. It was kinda cool and I had one. The proceeds went to the site fees I believe. Tyler (?) administered it if I recall. .Net was a pretty tightly knit group as I recall and if you were'nt one of the "cool kids", watch out!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Clarifies a lot of things and reminds me of things I could only vaguely remember.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari posted May, 10, 2011 (post #127)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

Ari, did you ever receive your prize?

If not, much like we got Bob his money back from Scream Press, we will pursue this person and make sure they fulfill their obligation.

Ari posted May, 10, 2011 (post #127)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

Ari, did you ever receive your prize?

If not, much like we got Bob his money back from Scream Press, we will pursue this person and make sure they fulfill their obligation.
    I take Ari at his word that all that occurred, and he's well within his rights to post about it.

But since JReitan also just posted on this thread, I think it's kind of passive-aggressive to subsequently amp it up to Threat Level Greyskull without a more diplomatic first response to Ari's account.

I mean - "hey, JReitan, what's up with this?" would accomplish the same thing, right? If it were me, I would get the point - I wouldn't need a "we'll chase this person down..." to grasp the situation. If Ari should have gotten a prize, he should have gotten it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please go back and read the title of the thread.
    If Ari received his prize then he and JReitan can confirm that, and hopefully have a good chuckle about something 5+ years old.
    If not, then it's an unresolved public commitment and complaint.
    JReitan mentioned elsewhere recently that he is trying to rebuild not only his reputation, but his collection. Members have helped him rebuild his collection (often with great pricing), it's now incumbent upon JReitan to make good.

If it was resolved and I missed Ari having said so, then I apologize to JReitan.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    One thing I recall was that members could buy a "Ka-Tet of 19" symbol that went on your signature or something for like $10. It was kinda cool and I had one. The proceeds went to the site fees
    I had one too.
    I think the proceeds may have gone to emergency car repairs for Tyler. Who knows for sure.

Please go back and read the title of the thread.
    If Ari received his prize then he and JReitan can confirm that, and hopefully have a good chuckle about something 5+ years old.
    If not, then it's an unresolved public commitment and complaint.
    JReitan mentioned elsewhere recently that he is trying to rebuild not only his reputation, but his collection. Members have helped him rebuild his collection (often with great pricing), it's now incumbent upon JReitan to make good.

If it was resolved and I missed Ari having said so, then I apologize to JReitan.
    No, I totally agree with all of that.

All I see as unnecessarily amping up the drama is the phrasing in the first post - I mean, JReitan JUST posted in THIS thread. I don't think there was a need to say "we'll pursue this person!" Pursue? The person's right here - he posted not even eight hours ago. It's not like the Scream Press situation, which wasn't really connected to this site.

I 100 percent agree that JReitan should clarify what happened - doesn't sound like Ari is chuckling. That's a pretty harsh accusation and if it was directed at me, I'd want to respond to it sooner, not later.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    One thing I recall was that members could buy a "Ka-Tet of 19" symbol that went on your signature or something for like $10. It was kinda cool and I had one. The proceeds went to the site fees
    I had one too.
    I think the proceeds may have gone to emergency car repairs for Tyler. Who knows for sure.
    Maybe you're kidding about the car repairs - but I feel like I actually remember that being where the money went...because he raised a bunch of money and THEN decided to close the site. I remember him being very snarky in the annoucement - he was like "say goodbye to your friends because the site's going down in 12 hours."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The car repair thing really happened, I remember when it came out that is what he did and a lot of people were not best pleased about it because the money was supposed to pay to keep the forum running.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast