Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Default DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    DT.Net remembrances, gossip, innuendo, dirt and flaming

Inspired by recent posts, here is a chance to look back on the Dt.Net days.
    Flaming is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
    Enjoy.

Thanx Bob, It was the part of the deal that made it "Awesome". I remember taking some flak for it back at thedarktower.net. Opinions on market value and all that. Bottom line, the Buyer and the Seller were both happy. Did anything else really matter?
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Thanx Bob, It was the part of the deal that made it "Awesome". I remember taking some flak for it back at thedarktower.net. Opinions on market value and all that. Bottom line, the Buyer and the Seller were both happy. Did anything else really matter?
    I am pretty sure I remember that....mainly because I stumbled across the auction an hour or two after you snagged it and I was pissed off I did not find it first!

If it is the one I am thinking about, the seller was in Riverside...right?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I remember that "$7 into $17" too....don't remember the flack...was it the "flipping?"

My matched DT I-IV (except with an 'author's' copy DT II) and Desperation cost $3350.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I remember that "$7 into $17" too....don't remember the flack...was it the "flipping?"

My matched DT I-IV (except with an 'author's' copy DT II) and Desperation cost $3350.
    Yes, it was the flipping that caused the flack. A bunch of members that used to be on that site loved it when you told a story about getting a good deal but when you mention you made a profit they would attack. I quit posting anything when it came to flipping a book.

Some people continue today to believe that you can't make decent money from selling King books. I've bettered my collection by flipping books and taking the profit to buy others to sit in The Closet.

OK. I'm off my bandwagon. Let the bashing begin.

Ralph Mulleins

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I remember the flack was that everybody saw what a great deal it was, THEN it immediately got resold and people got bent out of shape. Let's face it, everyone was (legitimately) jealous...haha...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Yes, it was the flipping that caused the flack. A bunch of members that used to be on that site loved it when you told a story about getting a good deal but when you mention you made a profit they would attack. I quit posting anything when it came to flipping a book.

Some people continue today to believe that you can't make decent money from selling King books. I've bettered my collection by flipping books and taking the profit to buy others to sit in The Closet.

OK. I'm off my bandwagon. Let the bashing begin.

Ralph Mulleins
    I funded 80% of my collection by doing the same.
    I'm not wealthy, I can't afford to buy $500.00 books week after week.
    I joined eBay when they 1st started and used to sell fantasy & digest magazines (I generally spent a dollar) at auction for crazy amounts.
    $30.00 each was pretty common. Then I flipped to Upgrade. I'm not huge like some but I'm proud of the end result.
    Every book I own has a story.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I am pretty sure I remember that....mainly because I stumbled across the auction an hour or two after you snagged it and I was pissed off I did not find it first!

If it is the one I am thinking about, the seller was in Riverside...right?

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    He was. I met him out there to pick them up. The buyer was in the UK and the dollar was not worth much to the pound at the time.
    That just pissed me off even more because I live closer to Riverside than you do!

I remember cursing your name ala that scene in Star Trek 2.

SHIBUSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

It was the deal of a lifetime....great price, and no risk as you got to inspect the books before you paid for them.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph Mulleins
    Yes, I used to catch flack for that too.

Man...some of the folks back on the DTNET were wound up too tight.

I recall selling a couple of DT2s on ebay that Phil Hale had signed at "Palavercon" (and this was before he ever signed any books for Grant) and the outcry about this was ridiculous!

You would think I was selling blood diamonds!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph Mulleins
    Yes, I used to catch flack for that too.

Man...some of the folks back on the DTNET were wound up too tight.

I recall selling a couple of DT2s on ebay that Phil Hale had signed at "Palavercon" (and this was before he ever signed any books for Grant) and the outcry about this was ridiculous!

You would think I was selling blood diamonds!
    I wonder who helped get you those books

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I will never tell.

I was sworn to secrecy to protect that person from the crazies at DTNET.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There were a few communists at dt.net. We also weren't allowed to have our own random comments thread-then we were allowed, then we weren't again. It was ridiculous.

That wouldn't make them communists - which would be "all threads are created equal," but facists, "only our threads are acceptable!"

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That wouldn't make them communists - which would be "all threads are created equal," but facists, "only our threads are acceptable!"
    They were Communists in that they didn't believe in Capitalism. I perceived that they wanted everyone to be poor-thus equal. The Facist part was their dictating everything.
    Not being erudite, I won't debate the differences between the two, but either way, DT.net doesn't exist anymore.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    They were Communists in that they didn't believe in Capitalism. I perceived that they wanted everyone to be poor-thus equal. The Facist part was their dictating everything.
    Not being erudite, I won't debate the differences between the two, but either way, DT.net doesn't exist anymore.
    DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
    HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
    ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
    DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that,
    eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me,
    you saw it didn't you?

Yeah, that's true...they did manage a good combination of communism and facism...impressive!

It was like no one had the right to do what they wanted unless it fit what everybody else was doing too...so that was pretty communisitic, I guess.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Communist or fascist some people just embraced the opportunity to act like asses over there....sadly I must say myself included on occassions.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I either did not notice or did not pay attention to those attitudes on the other site. Of course, I am just a poster and not a moderator. I guess I attributed thoughts or attitudes of others that were different from mine as "East Coast" or "West Coast" bias. Liberal ideas vs. my predominately conservative views.

I do think this site is a little sugary. Oversweet to my tastes, but I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of other posters. As I have said before, I cut my internet teeth on the usenet site "alt.books.stephen_king." It was not a touchy-feely place and flame throwing was not only allowed but encouraged. You had to put on your internet armor every day and wade right in if you wanted to take part. I miss the opportunity to call someone an idiot when they are and, if the truth be told, miss others calling me on my bullshit when it is deserved.

For you old timers from the usenet days: Do you remember Dani K.? Now that was one venomous, mean woman!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was actually kicked of of the DTNET, and I believe that the majority of the reason behind that was because I was viewed as an evil capitalist.

I got into an argument with a jackass moderator on that site, and when I asked the question why they had a problem with me putting up stuff for sale, but did not have a problem with him literally begging for money from the other members so he could go to their convention...well that was the beginning of the end for me.

Then the site's co-owner accused me of being in contact with some former employees of her's (which was untrue), and one thing led to another, and I was given the boot.

Anyhow, yes there were a lot of communist/fascists types over there. Good riddance I say. I imagine they are all sitting around a campfire, holding hands right now singing cumbaya as I write this.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great Monty Python reference, Ralph!

And Bob, you and anyone else are free to call me an idiot whenever I behave like one. Does that make you feel better?

(for example, I'm pretty sure my erratic collecting behavior alone is reason enough - "ooh, I like proofs! Give me all your proofs! Nah, you know what? I'm selling my proofs... I want to get a UK CARRIE 1st instead. Hmm, now I've got my CARRIE, what's next? Oh yeahhhh... let's sell half of my collection because it doesn't live up to my new and improved standards!! And you know wat? I'm NOT interested in signed books and proud of it!! Let's buy a UK S/L UNDER THE DOME! Etcetera...)

Idiot!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Michaël,
    Call it like you see it, tell it like it is.
    I'd rather know if I'm being a jackass, just tell me.
    I personally have never cared for being "Vague".. I've pretty much always been outspoken.
    I'm trying to be better since I've joined this site. I do like the camaraderie here.
    So if I'm being out of line.. let me know.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we prefer people not get overly abusive, but when someone's being an ass I know I'd tell them for sure...and I have. I expect others to do the same for me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was actually kicked of of the DTNET, and I believe that the majority of the reason behind that was because I was viewed as an evil capitalist.

I got into an argument with a jackass moderator on that site, and when I asked the question why they had a problem with me putting up stuff for sale, but did not have a problem with him literally begging for money from the other members so he could go to their convention...well that was the beginning of the end for me.

Then the site's co-owner accused me of being in contact with some former employees of her's (which was untrue), and one thing led to another, and I was given the boot.

Anyhow, yes there were a lot of communist/fascists types over there. Good riddance I say. I imagine they are all sitting around a campfire, holding hands right now singing cumbaya as I write this.
    You mean this lady isn't your buddy?:

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 02-24-2023 at 04:11 PM.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...that would be the one.

That is not you with her in the photo is it (sorry I am not good with face and names...as far as I know Jerome, you actually are a crow with boots!)?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have to say that I either did not notice or did not pay attention to those attitudes on the other site. Of course, I am just a poster and not a moderator. I guess I attributed thoughts or attitudes of others that were different from mine as "East Coast" or "West Coast" bias. Liberal ideas vs. my predominately conservative views.

I do think this site is a little sugary. Oversweet to my tastes, but I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of other posters. As I have said before, I cut my internet teeth on the usenet site "alt.books.stephen_king." It was not a touchy-feely place and flame throwing was not only allowed but encouraged. You had to put on your internet armor every day and wade right in if you wanted to take part. I miss the opportunity to call someone an idiot when they are and, if the truth be told, miss others calling me on my bullshit when it is deserved.

For you old timers from the usenet days: Do you remember Dani K.? Now that was one venomous, mean woman!
    This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on this site.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast