Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I probably didn't even know how to turn on a computer in those days much less participate........

[/QUOTE]

I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.[/QUOTE]

Actually, 99% of us are just pretending too!!! (and feel free to throw those dust jackets my way!)

Amazingly, I want to hear more about the "dick shot"..is it something I can use in my avatar? or sig?

Dick
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Hehehe! I never thought about giving my dust jackets to someone. I'll keep that in mind the next time one of them causes me to have a come apart
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

i didn't even know the alt-books site was still around. I just enrolled. (I still plan on spending most of my time here, though.)

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Lest anyone forget that the internet never forgets: discussion on "Cycle of the Werewolf".
    That's insane. I had no idea that stuff was still around. I got so tired of Michael claiming to have a book with COTW as a novella in DIFFERENT SEASONS that I actually bet him $1000 that he couldn't produce it for us to see. We got Stu Tinker to act as the unbiased judge. I sent Stu a check for $1000 that was to be sent to Michael when and if he sent a book that satisfied Stu that it was real. Of course I knew that he had no such book and, looking back, I can't believe I went that far in playing along with him. That guy really got under my skin and I'm sure that was his intent.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have to say that I either did not notice or did not pay attention to those attitudes on the other site. Of course, I am just a poster and not a moderator. I guess I attributed thoughts or attitudes of others that were different from mine as "East Coast" or "West Coast" bias. Liberal ideas vs. my predominately conservative views.

I do think this site is a little sugary. Oversweet to my tastes, but I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of other posters. As I have said before, I cut my internet teeth on the usenet site "alt.books.stephen_king." It was not a touchy-feely place and flame throwing was not only allowed but encouraged. You had to put on your internet armor every day and wade right in if you wanted to take part. I miss the opportunity to call someone an idiot when they are and, if the truth be told, miss others calling me on my bullshit when it is deserved.

For you old timers from the usenet days: Do you remember Dani K.? Now that was one venomous, mean woman!

ha ha...bob.... you should try out the political and religious threads here... sometimes not so sugary... I've pissed off more than my share in those.

BTW... flipping... don't do it myself.... but if people didn't do it... and hung on to everything they bought... I wouldn't have a tenth of my collection... thank goodness for betts, hutch and you other flippers (though I have a sneaky suspicion david the wiz hangs one to the bestest stuff for himself )

BTW.... I was pissed off at that that DT .net for a while... it killed my Kings Closet yahoo group when dt.net took over the king internet world. (and my Kings Closet yahoo group was a replacement for Jon's yahoo group that he closed.)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In the Dt.net days, small (~100x100) animated gifs were allowed as avatars. I started using "bouncing boobs" as my avatar, trying to change them once a week. Many members liked the idea, many were ambivilent, and a small number didn't like them. When one member transitioned from being wild and crazy to being a Moderator, he pitched a fit and the fun was ended.

I sooooooo remember the bouncy boobs.
    I always looked forward to your posts!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Wow....quite the trip down memory lane.

And on another note....Can't....look....away....from....bouncing. ...boobs.

Remember the giveaways? All the touchy-feely members giving away items like Robin Hood? Commie bastards.

And all the god-damn hugging. I was so damn tired of the "huggles" and all the other bullshit.
    There was a lot of shit that went on back in the day and there were more than a few in charge that did not like "collectors" but don't be baggin on the giveaways I have a Whelan painting (non Dark Tower) I got from Mike the starter of the giveaways (and I gave away some nice goodies myself).

not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.

I think one of our members here won a couple of poetry contests and got a prize... ( I forget what it was)
    bob.... do you have that winning poem still?

and I know there were several trivia questions from the KingsCloset trivia contest that were used in Bev King trivia book
    http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-St.../dp/1587671085

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I probably didn't even know how to turn on a computer in those days much less participate........
    I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.
    Actually, 99% of us are just pretending too!!! (and feel free to throw those dust jackets my way!)

Amazingly, I want to hear more about the "dick shot"..is it something I can use in my avatar? or sig?

Dick
    Suffice it t say you'd be banned by probably the first staff member to see it...and most of the regular members would WANT to ban you themselves.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And then there was one guy named Robert who insisted that he could tell who wrote which parts in THE TALISMAN, despite Straub and King claiming that even they had forgotten and, since they imitated each others style, it was impossible to know. Peter Straub used to read the newsgroup from time to time and even he was baited into joining the discussion.
    Robert Whelan. I spent more time arguing with him than is healthy. What a self-important putz he was (is?)

There sure were some barn burning flamefests back then on Usenet. Very funny to look back on now

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Robert Whelan!

Wow, that is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...yeah, he was complete hater on any SK book past Dead Zone. There was some actual speculation that he was SK himself dogging out the fans he supposedly hated.

I will say this, he and I did see somewhat eye-to-eye on the Revised Stand. I guess I didn't hate it nearly as much as he did, but compared to the original, the revision is very bloated.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I remember how many people were getting banned left and right.

One was so cruel to me, that I only started playing the person above you game the last few years here... I wouldn't even GO in that thread.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was even banned permanently...for a day.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

*gasps* Not YOU Brice!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I think I was close... They were mad that I made multiple posts rather than combining... and I think they thought I overposted and went way too much off topic. I try to rein it in a little bit here...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I kinda' deserved it. I was a bit mischievious at times. That time I merely dared to question a mod in public about a decision they made and wouldn't back down.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Worried

Oh I got the whole counting warning..

"LadyHitchhiker, that's your first warning...."

Jon was the most gentle a moderator with me, I believe, and tended to encourage me on going off topic... back in the days when he was Walter O'Dim...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I got the counting warning too. In true megalmaniacal fashion I used my posts in between to furthur argue and incite the mod. Then the next day I was unbanned by one of the admins and within days was loaning out my alternate accounts to others who were banned. I did totally lose one of my accounts to a ban though. See actually when I was banned I had two accounts banned simultaneously and only one unbanned.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Worried

You're awesome!

And look, we're in this new environment, being generally supportive yet mischevious and no warnings...

yet... There's still time...

What I liked to do, is get the warning in one thread, then go to another thread and overpost or cause mischief in another. Then I'd get another one, and go onto another, or loiter in games for a while.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped my REAL mischief before I came to .com/.org.

If you rescue me

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

[QUOTE=bethany;609750]
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.
    Lol, I found a box full of dust jackets in my laundry room the other day, I'm trying to match it up to the books in my bookshelf. I just hate reading books while they are wearing the jackets.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Worried

Well REAL mischief I left behind too.... I've been a good..ish girl!

Not that I was ever really THAT bad... I don't think. Just trying to keep .net alive... I guess some people wanted it dead..

well if they didn't it would still be around!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately I had to give Brice 99 infraction points for post whoring. I did however only ban him for 1 hour.
    If any other member wishes to be banned temporarily, please let me know.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

[QUOTE=John Blaze;609967]
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Lol, I found a box full of dust jackets in my laundry room the other day, I'm trying to match it up to the books in my bookshelf. I just hate reading books while they are wearing the jackets.
    LOL

I was too timid and nervous when I was at .net to get in to any trouble.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Worried

Oh thaaaat's right... that's what they used to call me... postwhore...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No bigger postwhore than Mike" Regulator" ________g.

(And I am sure I made a grammatical error he would correct.)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Worried

No bigger... but that still doesn't mean I wasn't a postwhore, apparently!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast