Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Cook

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Perfect frame for the piece! Well done, and congratulations!

ETA: Talking about the Misery remarque, of course! This is what comes of me not catching up on posts for a while.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Were you able to obtain the signatures, Richard back when you could send books to King?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian861
    Were you able to obtain the signatures, Richard back when you could send books to King?
    (No, never able to send anything in for signature)

Hunchback Jack
    Perfect frame for the piece! Well done, and congratulations!
    (thanks for the shout out on Misery Remarque)

ur2ndbiggestfan
    I went and looked at post #118, expecting to find a telephone pole, but instead I found BLOCKADE BILLY! Nice! I see it wasn't one of your favorites, but I really liked it. I even read it twice. I always find it interesting how people's tastes differ. Once in a while I even find myself changing my mind about something that I didn't like at first encounter but liking it the second time around
    (I agree about differing taste but still not a fan of the story. I also have the same feeling with TGWLTG)

Here are my Rose Madder's, both UK states, also US 1st/1st trade ed's

Last edited by Cook; 01-21-2024 at 09:27 AM.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice, indeed. I love the UK covers of this period in King's work.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Buick 8's
    Here are my US 1st/1st trade ed. Buick 8's

Thank you Brian & Hunchback Jack
    Last edited by Cook; 01-21-2024 at 09:26 AM.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice as always
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You need five more copies to make eight Eights.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Richard. I last asked if you sent books to King for signatures. You stated that you had not. I'm curious as to how you have come by some many signed trades.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I never become tired of looking at quality.
    Beautiful stuff Richard.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Misery Collection minus one something I need to add later.
    Left is original proof, middle is signed 1st/1st trade, below middle is 1st/1st unsigned trade, right is Suntup ARC.
    Third photo has my Artist ed's, (one in shrinkwrap)
    Also shown is my matching Suntup paperweight to match my S/L'd in the last photo.

Thank you to Garrell, ur2ndbiggestfan & Alec for the nice mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Richard. I last asked if you sent books to King for signatures. You stated that you had not. I'm curious as to how you have come by some many signed trades.
    Most of the King signatures I own "except for a handful" I've acquired the same way as most everybody else here on the DT.org site, search search search & turn over money money money. I really don't want to know how many mindless hours I've devoted to this nonsense, but it's been a helluva lotta fun.
    Last edited by Cook; 01-21-2024 at 09:30 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    My Misery Collection minus one something I need to add later.
    Left is original proof, middle is signed 1st/1st trade, below middle is 1st/1st unsigned trade, right is Suntup ARC.
    Also shown is my matching Suntup paperweight to match my S/L'd in the last photo.

Thank you to Garrell, ur2ndbiggestfan & Alec for the nice mentions.

Most of the King signatures I own "except for a handful", I've acquired the same way as most everybody else here on the DT.org site, search search search & turn over money money money. I really don't want to know how many mindless hours I've devoted to this nonsense, but it's been a helluva lotta fun.
    Gotcha. Thanks!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic as always my friend

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Woo-hoo!
    Let me know if you ever get tired of that Suntup proof.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the signed one the most
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Fifty-to-One S/L'd only 50 produced (numbered in the 20's)
    This is one of the weirdest S/L's I own but I got a shockingly great deal on this.
    It's overall nice quality and Subterranean did a great job on the clamshell.

Thank you Stockerlone, Garrell, Ur2ndbiggestfan, HONKYTONKMASH & Brian 861 for the nice mentions

P.S. updated post #74 (Black House S/L's)
    I so agree, it is a strange limited, I have a copy and I can't say I like it! (other than the signature!)

Country
    Country Flag

What's the story of King's signature in the book? Did he do the introduction or something?

That's another great looking book.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the story of King's signature in the book? Did he do the introduction or something?

Fifty-to-One - Deluxe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Fifty-to-One S/L'd only 50 produced (numbered in the 20's)
    This is one of the weirdest S/L's I own but I got a shockingly great deal on this.
    It's overall nice quality and Subterranean did a great job on the clamshell.

P.S. updated post #74 (Black House S/L's)
    I so agree, it is a strange limited, I have a copy and I can't say I like it! (other than the signature!)

It certainly is in the top 10 of quirky and expensive King limited signed editions.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Fifty-to-One - Deluxe

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Had this for awhile , just never listed.
    US Legends 1st/1st trade ed.

Jordan

P.S. Thank you to: sentinel, Brian861, ur2ndbiggestfan & Randall Flagg for the comments
    Last edited by Cook; 01-21-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Unique for sure!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast