Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magazine Repair

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Magazine Repair

I discovered yesterday that most of the magazines I am collecting have had the staples fall out. In a couple of them, the cover has completely fallen off! Does anyone have advice on magazine repair?

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I discovered yesterday that most of the magazines I am collecting have had the staples fall out. In a couple of them, the cover has completely fallen off! Does anyone have advice on magazine repair?
    Oops, I meant magazine repair!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Magazine's do have a tendency to bring me repain........ J/K and LOL

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a video on how to repair a torn cover on a magazine, and also a link to the Northeast Document Conservation Center

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The video is pretty interesting. Does anyone know what the name is of the glue that she used in this video?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The reason I asked above is because I bought a magazine that looks like it needs some work. Front and back cover partially detached and I may need to perform some spine work depending on what it looks like when it arrives.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Brodart has PVA a little cheaper. http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ve3?q=40405001

I have used this product and it works great. In fact she could have used it to repair the magazine tear instead of using tape.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks and thanks. Time to get a bottle and a trial magazine or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Brodart has PVA a little cheaper. http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ve3?q=40405001

I have used this product and it works great. In fact she could have used it to repair the magazine tear instead of using tape.

+ Reply to Thread