Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Clive Barker

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Mine was sent from the UK, for what it’s worth.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Mine was sent from the UK, for what it’s worth.
    Ah- that would explain it. Thanks. I was always under the impression that Phil & Sarah (and certainly Clive himself), and that whole operation were US based.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I believe the website states they have offices in LA and London. Maybe they ship everything from the UK or choose the best location based on where the buyer lives. Might be worth emailing them and asking for a better deal on postage? Phil was very quick to respond to an enquiry of mine.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Selling Lettered Tortured Souls and Infernal Parade-$1250

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tortured Souls & Chiliad, signed limiteds, matching numbers, sans slipcases, as issued - fine/fine ($225 for the pair)

I will pick up shipping for US sales via USPS Priority Mail. Friends/Family PayPal

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a big fan of Clive's art, but I am simply running out of wall space and need to start making some room. I have couple of signed and numbered (x/50) polaroid prints of some paintings that I believe were from an exhibit at the Bess Cutter Gallery years ago (i used to know their story, but i have forgotten and can't find any info online). Before I consider offering them for sale, does anyone else here even have interest in his art work?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would surely be interested in seeing it, but couldnt buy it...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Clive fans would appreciate this. I had never seen the lettered edition of Maximillion in person:

Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow!, That looks amazing! Who published it?

ETA: and Congratulations, of course!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Moon Books, a new one on me as well....
    Seeking:

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! And of course makes me wonder about the "Ultra" edition...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Beautiful! And of course makes me wonder about the "Ultra" edition...
    Yes, absolutely. My guess is similar binding...I guess we could ask Roy right?
    Seeking:

I got a copy of the numbered edition on eBay recently for around list price. In addition to the standard signature page, Clive also signed it on the front free endpaper.

Until recently, a copy of the lettered edition was on Abe for $600, but it's gone now.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi. Anyone have pics of the Scream/Press Books of Blood Lettered Edition? I was curious.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clive Barker looks barely recognisable in this picture...
    >>> https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31...-in-las-vegas/

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could have been sitting right beside him and not known who it was.
    Has he been sick?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Clive Barker looks barely recognisable in this picture...
    >>> https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31...-in-las-vegas/

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I could have been sitting right beside him and not known who it was.
    Has he been sick?
    I'm not aware of his having been ill. It almost has to be the case though. He's only 68.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

In 2012, Clive went to the dentist for a root canal I believe and wound up in a coma for several days due to a toxic shock illness. Around that same time period, an ex-boyfriend tried suing Clive claiming that the author gave him HIV. That case was thrown out and Clive denies that he is HIV+. Here is an article that discusses his health and upcoming projects from earlier this year.

Out Of The Depths
    The Thirty-Third Revelatory Interview
    By Phil & Sarah Stokes, 4 January, 2019

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    In 2012, Clive went to the dentist for a root canal I believe and wound up in a coma for several days due to a toxic shock illness. Around that same time period, an ex-boyfriend tried suing Clive claiming that the author gave him HIV. That case was thrown out and Clive denies that he is HIV+. Here is an article that discusses his health and upcoming projects from earlier this year.

Out Of The Depths
    Thanks very much for posting this link, Tommy. I used to check in on the Revelations site on a fairly regular basis, but not since this interview was published, so I hadn't seen it before.

I must admit, after hearing that Barker was taking years to recover from a toxic bacterial infection, I did wonder whether the rumours of his having an immune deficiency were true. Particularly since, while we saw the publication of limited reissues of existing works, and some artwork-related books, we had seen little new fiction. So I feared the worst.

It's good to see that, while he'll never be "back to normal", he appears to have the enthusiasm to continue working on the books he has planned, health permitting.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Out Of The Depths
    Thanks very much for posting this link, Tommy. I used to check in on the Revelations site on a fairly regular basis, but not since this interview was published, so I hadn't seen it before.

I must admit, after hearing that Barker was taking years to recover from a toxic bacterial infection, I did wonder whether the rumours of his having an immune deficiency were true. Particularly since, while we saw the publication of limited reissues of existing works, and some artwork-related books, we had seen little new fiction. So I feared the worst.

It's good to see that, while he'll never be "back to normal", he appears to have the enthusiasm to continue working on the books he has planned, health permitting.

HBJ
    Most welcome, sir. I would love to meet Clive one day. I adore his work. But like everyone else I want to meet, I have no idea what I would say.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is The Scarlet Gospels the first direct follow-up to The Hellbound Heart? I haven't read either, hope to get to THH this year, but have heard nothing but discouraging things about TSG.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It was mentioned in the Suntup thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Press/page352) that Mark Miller (aka Mark Alan Miller), writer on Barker-related comics and films, may have helped with The Scarlet Gospels. Via Barker's own site (go to the bottom of the page for Miller's comments https://www.clivebarker.info/scarletbarker.html), it turns out there's no "maybe" about this, he did.

I'd thought (as others probably have) that perhaps Barker requested help due to his illness, but Miller's first quote on that page about working on TSG predates his illness (the former in 2010, the latter in 2012). It just strikes me as a mighty strange thing to do, and so many of the reviews on Amazon say the same thing: it's as if it weren't written by Barker, and is terrible. Yikes.

I would like to know if Barker has sought assistance with any of his other works...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is The Scarlet Gospels the first direct follow-up to The Hellbound Heart? I haven't read either, hope to get to THH this year, but have heard nothing but discouraging things about TSG.
    Yeah. Scarlet Gospels is something of a sequel even though the only returning character is the Hell Priest/Pinhead. Then Mark Alan Miller wrote a prequel to SG called The Toll that involved Kirsty from Hellbound Heart and Pinhead. I haven't read that because I was so angry with SG.

I didn't mind The Scarlet Gospels, but it certainly wasn't the opus that had been promised for so many years. It was clearly drastically reduced in scope at some point, and unfortunately, it seems a lot of the description and atmosphere was stripped away as well. It almost read like an expanded screenplay.

I think I read a note from Barker that he and Miller decided that a streamlined book was more in line with what people expected from Pinhead, given that his previous appearances were in films and the novella. Okay, I get it, but it seems strange after saying for so many years how MASSIVE and EPIC Scarlet Gospels was going to be.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think Barker is done writing.
    I don't know what he's up to right now, but in a 2019 interview he said he is still writing, has almost finished the fourth Book of Abarat and started the third Book of the Art.
    Sadly, that's been the status for about five years now.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast