Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What's your Tower?

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now this is officially one of my favourite threads! You all have given great answers, and I can relate with many of them (reading, for example).

But my Tower is traveling. I'm constantly poor because of that, for I can't stay in Finland longer than maybe a few months, after that my feet begin to itch unbearably and I have to be on the Road again. So you could say I'm literally traveling the path of the Beams all the time.

The more stamps in my passport, the happier I am. I just want to see the whole world and all the miracles within. The most unforgettable trip of mine is two-months long trip around the world, during which I saw Malaysia, Australia, USA and more. But the most magical country for sure is Ireland, and I constantly long back there. I'm lucky to have great Irish friends whom I can visit whenever I want to.

I've sacrified quite a lot for my travels, my school for example - I've fallen behind more than appropriate. And money, of course. And more. My whole family lives abroad, scatterd around the world, so I'm rootless anyway - I feel like I don't belong anywhere at all, which can be at times a little depressing. But when I'm on the road again, I forget all about that, and my heart just sings. I feel myself truly free only when I'm traveling. I reach my Tower only when I die, and that one will be the last and greatest trip of all. Not that I'd want to reach it anytime soon! There's still other countries, other worlds to explore.

To quote my mother: 'I'm wondering when will this wanderlust end. Probably never, and I will end up slumping down somewhere by the pyramids of Egypt, at the age of 100.'

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Lily-sai, I am amazed by the people like you.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

well one of my towers :p is to travel around the world but my most important tower is to become good photographer

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you for reviving this thread, KindredAutmn. I too will post in a couple of weeks, when my present Tower has acquired a shape presentable to public.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    thank you for reviving this thread, KindredAutmn. I too will post in a couple of weeks, when my present Tower has acquired a shape presentable to public.
    np

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Tower is acquiring knowledge in various disciplines and subjects - as pretentious as it may sound, I just love the process.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like I have a few towers. One is literature - reading, writing, editing...the written word is so amazing, and something I will never stop loving.

Additionally, I add working with animals. It's been my dream since I was a small kid, and now I am in college working towards a degree. I couldn't stand life if I ended up doing anything else.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I feel like I have a few towers. One is literature - reading, writing, editing...the written word is so amazing, and something I will never stop loving.

Additionally, I add working with animals. It's been my dream since I was a small kid, and now I am in college working towards a degree. I couldn't stand life if I ended up doing anything else.

awesome towers

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    My Tower is acquiring knowledge in various disciplines and subjects - as pretentious as it may sound, I just love the process.
    Respect. I'm not so sure that an unpretentious obsession is really conceivable, anyway.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok guys

I found my Tower - approximately a year ago - and it has all qualifications of one: reasonably dark, making me obsessed with all my heart, mind and soul, and in my opinion, justifying my existence in God's eyes.

Here is the link to my Magnum Opus, which I really really wish my friends would read. I also beg you to comment, whether or not you agree with me - only please read first. Since the topic is potentially explosive, I ask you, both as a private ursine person and a mod of this site, not to post any comments here at dtd.org, but only in my blog. I am ready to answer all your questions and/or give any necessary explanations.

I understand that it is quite a lengthy read, so I do not expect any reaction right away. But it is very important for me, like few things have been in my life (well, what would you expect of one's Dark Tower?...), so please read.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I remember reading this thread and thinking about my answer several times, but I couldn't end up writing any. The last months have been tough for me, realization of some things I have learned but I have forgotten. I just saw this thread, once again, I thought about the answer. The Tower is something so unique for Roland. Ok, it is an obsession for him, but it is also a truth that he can give his life away, he become a death machine, he can even leave his friends for it. I believe, that is why I couldn't find it. I am in the search for my Tower. I have a feeling that it will be shaped in them when I have children. It seems to me, it can only be equal to that kind of love.

John F. Kennedy Jane19 will become famous soon enough Jane19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Follow the beam

I think that Roland is an obsession for the Tower! he was the only one who can do that.
    Maybe we can stop our desperate research to find satisfying motivations for our life and just accept what we are called to do for.We are the one! Roland didn't decide to be obsessed by the tower, he know he had to do it, not for him but for everybody. Are you sure the tower is the point? Is just a title of a book. But 7 books are speaking 'bout a travel.(oh F**K, i could read Lord of the rings! muahahah) (sorry for my bad english, hope somebody can correct or understand this)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Love is my tower.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Van's classic slip-on shoes. I'm turning into Imelda Marcos. Over 40 pair and ordered 2 more today.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My tower is to become an instructor in what i do. I am a hairdresser, but will not be much longer and I want to pass that knowledge on to others. You can do hair for just so long and then old age sets in and the styles get much more advanced that you have to take more classes. that is something that I don't think I can do much longer so I will just teach what needs to be done.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

My tower is Roland. I can't ever get enough. Someday I will find my door.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4