Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artman225 View Post
    Perhaps you guys can help me while we wait on the moderator to approve my posts. I was reading The Martian Chronicles, and on the back of it, it mentioned that Bradbury was one of the few writers whose fiction had appeared in Life magazine. Do you know what story that was? I've looked all over the internet, but I can't find any reference to it.
    I'm really sorry I didn't catch and approve your post for almost 24 hours.
    Welcome to our board. Once you have 5 posts other aspects of the site will present themselves. New members (<5 posts) have their post moderated if an image or link is in the post-it substantially reduces spam on the site.

Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artman225 View Post
    Perhaps you guys can help me while we wait on the moderator to approve my posts. I was reading The Martian Chronicles, and on the back of it, it mentioned that Bradbury was one of the few writers whose fiction had appeared in Life magazine. Do you know what story that was? I've looked all over the internet, but I can't find any reference to it.
    I think it might have been a non-fiction piece. Bradbury went to Houston Texas in January of 1967 to do an article about the Apollo program for Life magazine-possibly "An Impatient Gulliver Above Our Roofs," Life, November 24, 1967. Article.

In 1960, Ray Bradbury wrote an article for Life magazine on the then new science of SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Life's archive is available on Google Books, so you can read the entire article for free here.

Seven years later, another Bradbury article for Life won him an award from the Aviation Space Writers Association. The article "An Impatient Gulliver Above Our Roofs" details Bradbury's impressions of his first visit to the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston, Texas, and of the Saturn/Apollo Moon program. The full article, with some beautiful illustrations is here.

Traveler artman225 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of the two copies of "The Fireman" that I own:

Here is my complete collection (which will soon grow when new books arrive!):

Here is a picture of Bradbury's signature on the arc of "Quicker than the Eye":

Here's a signed paperback copy of 451, signed and inscribed by Bradbury:

This is a picture of the signature of his signature on Prize Stories of 1947: The O. Henry Awards, which includes "The Homecoming":

Hope you all enjoy looking at my books as much as I have enjoyed looking at yours!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much! I will try and track these down to read!

Country
    Country Flag

I found them! When Google fails, turn to ebay! haha
    So, he published a short story called "The Kilimanjaro Machine" in the Jan. 22, 1965 issue of Life. It was apparently a tribute to Hemingway after his death. He also published several other articles about space. These appeared in the following issues:
    Aug. 2, 1968
    July 1991
    Sept. 14, 1962
    November 24, 1967
    And a letter to the editor in the Feb. 24, 1967 issue.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I answered half of the question......in 5 minutes.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't collect Bradbury, although I've read a lot of his books, but those pictures are great, especially the ones of GALAXY magazine. They look brand new!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I do believe we'd all like to add this to our collection, the ultimate from 1953 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BRADBURY...item1c27ecda50
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure would! Could you loan me 20 grand, please?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

artman225, welcome to TDT.org! Love seeing your Bradbury collection. I especially like those Galaxy magazines of yours. Please continue to post, and join in any of the other discussions as well.

- Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I do believe we'd all like to add this to our collection, the ultimate from 1953 ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BRADBURY...item1c27ecda50
    I've been drooling over that one for a while now. One day.....

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I've got some more pieces that should arrive in the mail over the next week or so, and I'll post pictures as I receive them.
    Take care,
    Brandon

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are a few Playboy magazines I have with short stories from Ray:

Country
    Country Flag

Great pieces! I'm continually finding Bradbury stories I haven't read yet. I love seeing everyone else's collections!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to get this in ... ARC for Shadow Show with a signed Bradbury bookplate. Bought it direct from Gauntlet as well, so no doubts on the signature. That's really cool, because when I get that special S/L in with all of the author's signatures, the one signature missing in there is Bradbury's ... so this will make a great pair on the shelf!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sweet!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

If anyone sees a Lot of pre-90s Bradbury paperbacks please let me know. As long as the have the covers intact. Ebay people are selling individual books. I would like to buy a lot of them together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I have a copy of From Dawn to Dusk signed/limited edition from Gauntlet that I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Bradbury is my 2nd favourite collectible author after King. I've been collecting for a few years on him. It's a lot easier for me as Bradbury was living locally to me (actually his house was 15 minutes drive from mine) and I would attend book festivals and signings easily. I have 43 Bradbury signed books. All hardcovers. Some S/L. Most purchased at cover price before he passed. One of them was even a gift from a fellow member here.

I will own my first letered Bradbury S/L. Purchased one from Gauntlet yesterday.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Talking about Bradbury....anyone has a Sub press Martian Chronicles S/L that they want to part with?.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a nice book. only 500 printed and signed.

My Mood
    Stressed

Here's a very unusual looking edition:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLATLAND-198...item2c6930850d

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just gotta say I love those vintage Playboy covers!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

anybody interested in a signed limited Fahrenheit 451 in the tinfoil slipcase?
    The slipcase got all chipped up so its pretty trashed but the book is a nice signed copy with original letter that came with. I can send pictures to whoever is interested.
    pm or email me sgc1999@gmail.com
    see the collectable classifieds to see pictures.
    i will sell to highest reasonable offer.
    Thanks

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nemo! by Ray Bradbury
    (preorder)

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/nemo

Trade: 1000 fully cloth bound hardcover edition
    Signed Trade: 40 copies, signed by Mr. Bradbury - SOLD OUT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast