Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have the opportunity to pick up a first printing of dark carnival. The dust jacket is price clipped and it’s a little rough but not too bad for a book of its age. They are asking 375 and I was wondering if anybody here knew anything about the pricing of this book

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Arkham House or Hamish Hamilton? Either way (and without seeing pics to ascertain true condition but assuming at least VG/VG), that’s a very fair price.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Arkham House or Hamish Hamilton? Either way (and without seeing pics to ascertain true condition but assuming at least VG/VG), that’s a very fair price.
    Arkham house

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quick, a Bradbury signature (and three others) for $50.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-Frane-A-...QAAOSwX1la1kWL

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quick, a Bradbury signature (and three others) for $50.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-Frane-A-...QAAOSwX1la1kWL
    Got it, thanks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I always loved this super dark Bradbury story and I had no idea it was an EC comic until now. Neat! He's so darn young in the pic haha

https://marswillsendnomore.wordpress...carousel-14560

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Suntup Farenheit 451 edition should interest some Bradbury fans
    >>> https://suntup.press/fahrenheit-451
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The production value on the Suntup book is fantastic as usual but the art work is oddly lacking. It looks very computer graphic driven. Maybe just subjective but I don't much care for the art. In 1984, I had Bradbury sign my paperback copy of F451. Don't recall more than a handful of people there. In hindsight, it is a bit strange that he was such an iconic figure at the time and perhaps even more now but had such a small turnout. He seemed like a very unassuming guy who didn't even drive a car in LA. A city made for cars.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you still have that copy?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do you still have that copy?
    Yes, I do. He even dated it - Dec. 15, 1984. He also signed my paperback copy of "I Sing the Body Electric" on the same day. This was at the California Science Center in LA. The following year he signed a hardcopy of "Death is a Lonely Business" at a bookstore in Westwood. Interestingly, he signed that one on "Halloween" 1985. I still have all those books.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't hesitate to share pictures of them. It would be perfect for the thread

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would love to see some of the members prized possessions and favorite read recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Would love to see some of the members prized possessions and favorite read recommendations.

Ask and ye shall receive...by coincidence, I just today posted pics of my signed and numbered edition of FAHRENHEIT 451 on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...458710017?s=21

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask and ye shall receive...by coincidence, I just today posted pics of my signed and numbered edition of FAHRENHEIT 451 on Twitter:

Was going to ask about that edition. Well done and nice quality?

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Cool edition! Who published that one, and does it have the Gaiman intro?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The 50th Anniversary S/L edition from Vagabond Books with artwork by Ralph Steadman is still my favorite edition.
    I also have the 40th anniversary S/L edition and one of the later versions from Easton Press that was actually numbered and slipcased.
    Mark Twain

Was going to ask about that edition. Well done and nice quality?

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Cool edition! Who published that one, and does it have the Gaiman intro?
    Thanks, guys. Quality is generally nice...seems better than a standard trade edition but not up to par with, say, a Sub Press, et al...like a trade edition with more attention given to design and, perhaps, paper stock.

And no, this one doesn’t feature the Gaiman introduction.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    The 50th Anniversary S/L edition from Vagabond Books with artwork by Ralph Steadman is still my favorite edition.
    I also have the 40th anniversary S/L edition and one of the later versions from Easton Press that was actually numbered and slipcased.
    That latest Easton with the colorful leather flames on the cover is probably my favorite. Sometimes, when Easton decides to do a proprietary edition- (and, now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that this isn't a Heritage Press rebind..? The biding and slipcase are just so gorgeous in this case it almost doesn't matter) they can make a truly beautiful, unique book. Their DEAD ZONE comes to mind. An underrated SK edition, imo (because it's unsigned, I'm sure).

But, not only is that FAHRENHEIT slipcased and numbered, but it is signed as well.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    That latest Easton with the colorful leather flames on the cover is probably my favorite. Sometimes, when Easton decides to do a proprietary edition- (and, now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that this isn't a Heritage Press rebind..? The biding and slipcase are just so gorgeous in this case it almost doesn't matter) they can make a truly beautiful, unique book. Their DEAD ZONE comes to mind. An underrated SK edition, imo (because it's unsigned, I'm sure).

But, not only is that FAHRENHEIT slipcased and numbered, but it is signed as well.
    That's a good question if it was a Heritage Press rebind or not.
    I believe Easton issued at least one other signed version, but I never purchased that version.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

A question for the Bradbury aficionados: do the Heritage Press and LEC editions of The Martian Chronicles have the same page block? I'm thinking of picking up a few fancier editions of Bradbury's classic works but the amount of information is overwhelming. From what I could find, it does look like it's the same book with only difference being the slipcase used and sprayed edges on the LEC book. Plus the signature. Is the LEC edition letterpress? Or rather, are either? The information is scarce and sometimes contradictory.

I'm thinking of getting the Heritage Press if they're both letterpress. HP is $40, LEC is $250 and the difference between the two seems minimal.

EDIT: new information I've dug up only complicates things. Easton Press has rebound the Heritage Press page block but not for all of their printings.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if this is any help: The only Heritage Press book that I have is Dune and it's the same page block as the Easton Press edition with standard offset printing. I would think that would be true for the Bradbury books as well.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    A question for the Bradbury aficionados: do the Heritage Press and LEC editions of The Martian Chronicles have the same page block? I'm thinking of picking up a few fancier editions of Bradbury's classic works but the amount of information is overwhelming. From what I could find, it does look like it's the same book with only difference being the slipcase used and sprayed edges on the LEC book. Plus the signature. Is the LEC edition letterpress? Or rather, are either? The information is scarce and sometimes contradictory.

I'm thinking of getting the Heritage Press if they're both letterpress. HP is $40, LEC is $250 and the difference between the two seems minimal.

EDIT: new information I've dug up only complicates things. Easton Press has rebound the Heritage Press page block but not for all of their printings.
    LEC were mostly letterpress, I believe- and, on really nice paper. Heritage were definitely NOT letterpress. And, even though the guts' design were often the same as their LEC "parents"- they were on inferior paper, and in (usually) less inspiring bindings. I say this as a Heritage fan- you can pick up these beautifully designed and made books all day long for a few $10 bills. And, sometimes- the Heritage was even better designed than the LEC.

But, to answer you question- I'd go with the LEC MARTIAN CHRONICLES. It's a pretty legendary edition (not so much the Heritage offspring). Easton will almost always use the HERITAGE interior design and contents, as I believe they had (have?) the rights to those specific editions. And, Easton doesn't do letterpress either.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both for your time and insight. I'm thinking I'll be sticking with only a single version of Bradbury's books. There are so many cool editions of the same book that I'll have to make some tough calls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast