Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    =O I forgot you're watching first. Were you totally shocked?

In other musings, I don't like the Mata Hari version of Shae and am curious why she is being portrayed this way instead of a common camp trollop.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Spoiler:
    I'm just so used to somebody saving the day and the hero survives. It's a breath of fresh air honestly. It raises the stakes for the whole show. They killed off the most famous person on the show. A person that probably brought in a lot of viewers who were fans of LoTR and saw Boromir in a role that seemed similar. That's pretty much what happened to me. I had heard about A Song of Fire and Ice from people on this very site, but I just had not gotten around to reading them. When I saw Bean in the trailer for the show, I knew it was right up my alley. I just hope most viewers are hooked on the show and don't abandon it now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I do too, Still Servant. I'm hoping there isn't too much backlash from that. Also, there has been a lot of talk of producers bringing in a big-name actor next season to play Stannis Baratheon (who will be a major character in the next few seasons) to fill the void Sean Bean has left. I imagine we will find out soon as GRRM said HBO has picked 5 or 6 new actors for characters next season and is just finishing up their contracts before announcing anything.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be a smart move, casting a big name actor in the role of Stannis Baratheon.

My question to ya'll is : Who would you like to see in the role ? Which big name actor is appropriate for the role ?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen a lot of suggestions for Mark Strong. Not a super "big" name, but most everyone has seen him in something and he's a great actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0835016/

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

http://fanlingo.tumblr.com/post/5546...ficial-casting

No matter who they get to play Stannis, I will forever and always picture him as Jeffrey Tambor. I cannot shake that image.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I've seen a lot of suggestions for Mark Strong. Not a super "big" name, but most everyone has seen him in something and he's a great actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0835016/
    Never considered him before, but he could definitely pull it off. Guy has a strong on screen presence.

http://fanlingo.tumblr.com/post/5546...ficial-casting

No matter who they get to play Stannis, I will forever and always picture him as Jeffrey Tambor. I cannot shake that image.
    He looks like he's 100 years old -____-

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Not now, doofus. My memories do extend further back than yours and I was thinking from The Ropers time period.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Mark Strong is awesome, but IDK if he'd make a good Stannis. He's just not Anglo-Saxon enough. IDK, does that sound racist? I've always thought Mark Strong as a younger Andy Garcia. His wiki page says he's english but IDK, he looks Spanish, Italian, or some kind of Mediteranean.

Edit: his wiki page says his dad is Italian and his mom Austrian. That explains his olive complexion, I guess.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not concerned with his lack of anglo-saxoness so much as I am if he can act the part.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

IDK, the acting part is definitely more important, but I like it when an actor looks like I imagined him. And who in their fucken mind would confuse Mark Addy and Mark Strong as brothers? Not that I was ever happy with Addy as King Robert anyway. I like the actor, don't get me wrong, and he did it well, but Robert Baratheon, in the books, ....fuck it, let's just say I was disappointed.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Angelic

And Renly was miscast, as well. I am still peeved about it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert looked a lot like I had pictured him so his casting worked for me.

Agree about Renly though. That was an egregious casting choice.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert, Renly, and Loras Tyrell were all miscast for me. Robert eventually started to grow on me, but I have pretty serious doubts that the other two will.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

This is my first time visiting this thread, but I just have a couple of things to say:

Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo = heaven

What the hell is up with Renly and Loras' affair? What's going on there? What possible reason could they have added that for? <-- just a general rant

edit: oh, and tempus, I completely agree with you about Renly and Loras being miscast. Loras was supposed to be devastatingly handsome, not ... whatever that actor is. Pug nosed and greasy haired?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've kind of read in certain places that a lot of people don't really like the character of Stannis Baratheon. Is that true?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo = heaven

What the hell is up with Renly and Loras' affair? What's going on there? What possible reason could they have added that for? <-- just a general rant

edit: oh, and tempus, I completely agree with you about Renly and Loras being miscast. Loras was supposed to be devastatingly handsome, not ... whatever that actor is. Pug nosed and greasy haired?
    Totally agree with you on the Khal. Jason Momoa = Super hot.

As for the Renly/Loras affair, it is in the books, but very subtly. GRRM has even confirmed in during various interviews that he intended those two characters to be gay. Obviously they really elaborated on it in the show. I missed it on my first read through, read about it online and then picked it up on my re-read. The biggest line pointing to it is actually in A Clash of Kings when Jamie says something along the lines of "I'm going to shove Loras Tyrell's sword so far up his ass that even Renly Baratheon won't be able to find it". Other clues are their private "praying" sessions they have together every night, Loras burying Renly alone, in a place only he knows along with other things.

Oh, and Still Servant - I think people don't like him because of (without giving too much away) the people he surrounds himself with and things he does based on listening to them. I don't think it's so much of disliking Stannis himself.

My Mood
    Angelic

What Erin said, plus he is a joyless, bitter pill.

I don't want tomorrow night to get here

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do I find women like you guys? I can't get any of the women I know to watch/read material like Game of Thrones.

I had my sister watch the first episode of Game of Thrones and she pretty much hated it. She really didn't like the incest stuff. Granted, we happen to be twins, so the stuff with Cersei and Jamie really creeped her out, which I can understand.

I guess it makes sense because you guys are all here, which means you all love The Dark Tower. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the finale. I'm going to hate having to wait for season 2, but at least I have a bunch of the Fire and Ice books to look forward to.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With the season finale coming tomorrow night, I just may have to break down and give these books another shot!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Where do I find women like you guys? I can't get any of the women I know to watch/read material like Game of Thrones.

I had my sister watch the first episode of Game of Thrones and she pretty much hated it. She really didn't like the incest stuff. Granted, we happen to be twins, so the stuff with Cersei and Jamie really creeped her out, which I can understand.

I guess it makes sense because you guys are all here, which means you all love The Dark Tower. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the finale. I'm going to hate having to wait for season 2, but at least I have a bunch of the Fire and Ice books to look forward to.
    Girls? Where are the guys? I know one guy RL that reads...one.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What Erin said, plus he is a joyless, bitter pill.
    Yes. He's not a particularly nice person, but a great character. As for those he surrounds himself with, I thought
    Spoiler:
    the red lady was an interesting villain. And more stuff to freak people out if they show a certain birthing scene. Dear me. It'll be interesting to see how she is depicted.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Women like Bethany and I are a rare breed. But seriously, I only know a small handful of men in "real life" who read as well. Jason hasn't read a book since high school. *facepalm*

And Still Servant, I always wondered what a twin would think of the twincest in the book.

Besides all that, I can't freaking wait for tonight's episode, just for what will happen at the very end. I can't wait to see it on screen. Still Servant is in for a surprise. But I'm sad there will be no new Thrones until next year.

My Mood
    Angelic

I know! I hope it is spectacular!

I've seen Christina Hendricks bandied around as a certain red lady. I'm meh over her. Anyone can buy red hair color

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, for what its worth to you all, I finally went and got the book. Hoping I can make it through it this time around. I had trouble getting past the first 50 or 60 pages the first time, but I am gonna give it a serious try this time. The show has really been that good, so maybe I can get a head while they shoot S2!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope that next season is as fabulous as that season finale.

Spoiler:
    DRAGONS

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast