Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Apologize if this is a dumb question - I thought only Targaryens could ride dragons? So how was The Night King able to ride one of them?

or does his white walker resurrection magic negate all that?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Apologize if this is a dumb question - I thought only Targaryens could ride dragons? So how was The Night King able to ride one of them?

Jon is a targareyen. He is, Danys nephew.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

That would be my guess. All bets are off because the dragon is dead.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Jon is a targareyen. He is, Danys nephew.
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

That would be my guess. All bets are off because the dragon is dead.
    My apologies I totally mis-read your question. What an ass. lol

Yeah, I would think that the whole "White Walker/Night King" status/magic would negate that restriction and as you've said "all bets are off".

Of course, who's to say that the "Night King" wasn't originally from the Targaryen line in life, right? I suppose it's possible. That factor might even be a neat twist in the end, ya know?

Perhaps more to the point, whatever power/magic that the "Night King" employs to reanimate the dead also gives him complete control of whatever entity he is bringing back. That would seem to be already confirmed in what we have witnessed so far, no?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because the Night King is Rhaegar Targaryen. Everybody knows this.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Next week is going to be intense. This episode felt like goodbye for a lot of characters.

Random prediction: That little girl is actually going to protect someone when the dead in the crypts start rising.

JK, that would be too messed up because it means Arya would have to kill a headless Ned wight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Next week is going to be intense. This episode felt like goodbye for a lot of characters.

Random prediction: That little girl is actually going to protect someone when the dead in the crypts start rising.

JK, that would be too messed up because it means Arya would have to kill a headless Ned wight.
    I don't really know what to say about this episode either. Yes, in the second of 5 remaining episodes they appeared to be saying good bye to just about everyone. Then there was that 30 seconds at the end where Jon tells Dany that they are Aunt and Nephew, which fell kinda flat and went nowhere as far as a response pretty much.

There are now only 3 episodes left to wrap up 7 prior seasons of intrigue and drama? Yes, Rube shit is gonna have to get pretty fucking intense!!! You have to figure they have some sort of last minute twist (ala the Battle of the Bastards) to tie a bow on this, but other than Cercia showing up (which would seem really contrived) I don't have an inclining as to what they have in store. You would also think that at least one episode will be comprised mostly of epilogue material. It just doesn't look good for the future and I'm not really enamored with what has transpired so far.

Maybe I'm rambling and should just shut up and see what happens, but I feel disappointed two weeks in a row.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

EVERY time someone in this episode mentioned the word "CRYPT" (which was at least ten times) I kept yelling at the screen. We've seen the Night King resurrect the dead before, why hasn't anyone thought about that?

Good episode, four out of five (as even an average Game of Thrones episode is still much better than an average episode of most other television shows), and originally, like Bill, I thought, how the fuck are they going to tie up all the loose ends and stick the landing? But hear me out.

Six episodes, right?

1: Opening and reunions, getting most of the main characters together in one place.
    2. Strategy, goodbyes.
    3. Battle against the white walkers, a few important deaths to get rid of all the characters that won't be important for the final act. Win for humans.
    4. Start of the battle against Cersei.
    5. Battle against Cersei, win for the good guys. Start of the end. Everyone unimportant to the endgame dies. Only people left standing will be Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, maybe Brienne.
    6. Anakin's destiny with Dany going "mad," killing Sansa or Arya, and Jon having a "I have the high ground!" moment with having to kill Dany. Jon is King, the end.

There's enough time for everything, but they better stick the fucking landing.

And my last thought … apparently that was NOT a body double. Woot woot!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Samwell ends up on the throne......or Gendry...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I loved yesterday's episode. So many character loops were closed and all of it felt earned. None of it really felt hokey or forced. Brienne's knighting, Jamie and Bran's conversation by the woods, Arya and Hound's heart to heart, Jon's revelation to Dany. A damn good episode that yes, very much felt like a goodbye to many of the characters.

Next week is going to be fucking lit, I can't wait!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Wow, I loved yesterday's episode. So many character loops were closed and all of it felt earned. None of it really felt hokey or forced. Brienne's knighting, Jamie and Bran's conversation by the woods, Arya and Hound's heart to heart, Jon's revelation to Dany. A damn good episode that yes, very much felt like a goodbye to many of the characters.

Next week is going to be fucking lit, I can't wait!!
    I enjoyed the well written dialogue and felt it all flowed nicely. I really enjoyed it. Now the carnage begins!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

EVERY time someone in this episode mentioned the word "CRYPT" (which was at least ten times) I kept yelling at the screen. We've seen the Night King resurrect the dead before, why hasn't anyone thought about that?
    Brilliant!! Honestly, now I'm going to be disappointed if this doesn't happen. I think that would be so cool.

The other thing I thought about today and it literally gave me chills for like 30 seconds was Arya is in a huge fight with a bunch of wights. She's surrounded and it looks pretty dire.

Out of nowhere the wights are engulfed by a pack of direwolves led by Nymeria. I'm choking up just writing this, not even kidding. We probably won't get it, but it would be so great.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good episode, four out of five (as even an average Game of Thrones episode is still much better than an average episode of most other television shows), and originally, like Bill, I thought, how the fuck are they going to tie up all the loose ends and stick the landing? But hear me out.

Six episodes, right?

1: Opening and reunions, getting most of the main characters together in one place.
    2. Strategy, goodbyes.
    3. Battle against the white walkers, a few important deaths to get rid of all the characters that won't be important for the final act. Win for humans.
    4. Start of the battle against Cersei.
    5. Battle against Cersei, win for the good guys. Start of the end. Everyone unimportant to the endgame dies. Only people left standing will be Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, maybe Brienne.
    6. Anakin's destiny with Dany going "mad," killing Sansa or Arya, and Jon having a "I have the high ground!" moment with having to kill Dany. Jon is King, the end.

There's enough time for everything, but they better stick the fucking landing.

And my last thought … apparently that was NOT a body double. Woot woot!
    I hear what you're saying, Shan and your post has definite merit. I just can't help thinking that they have written themselves into an extremely tight corner and given themselves a limited window in which to extricate themselves. So much so that it is going to require some ridiculous plot device to make you predictions come true.

I mean if they somehow do manage to defeat the dead, they are then supposed to turn around and defeat, Cersei and her massive force? All in the space of three hour long episodes and with no potential (at least that I am aware of) secret ally or talisman or what not waiting in the wings? Seems like a pretty tall task to take on IMHO. It also lends itself to some extremely disappointing way to end a long and very complicated tale with, dramatically speaking, an awful lot at stake. We shall see though.

Side Notes:Is anyone aware as to whether or not any of the remaining episodes will be extended past the typical hour? Also, maybe it's just me, but does anyone else here see the corporate hand of, AT&T behind this 5 episode, rush to judgement approach to resolving this series? It's something that has been accumulating in the back of my mind, but many lessers moves and decisions made by, AT&T since the take over lead me to believe that they have literally no basis by which to manage and profitize the, Directv part in providing entertainment and content. Perhaps they just looked at the balance sheet and decided that GoT was too expensive to continue and so directed the staff to wrap it up. Like I said there is no single thing that draws me to this type of a conclusion, but more of a collective summary of less than brilliant moves and practices that AT&T has made since buying DTV. They're too numerous to go into at this time, but for example the way they try to monetize their Pay TV, how they offer "On Demand" content from the pay channels and DTV itself and their general programming philosophy as it relates to Hollywood and the movie/TV industry. To me it is quite evident that they have no idea how to conduct themselves, develop strategy and implement programs in the entertainment industry. They still seem to conduct themselves as solely a telecommunications network provider with no handle as to how to develop and deliver content over that network. And its a damn shame too because DTV was a pretty fine player in the game and then along came AT&T and POOF it all began to disappear. From what I understand they eliminated quite a large portion of the DTV staff that had built and guided the company to the point it was at over a period of just 20 years. It amazes me that this kind of thing can still happen in the corporate world today. They seriously need a CEO of the kind like, Eisner when he had Disney back in the day. They do not seem to realize what they have in DTV and how to aim it.

Sorry, guess I got off on a bit of a ramble there!!!! lol lol But, there is truth embedded in the ramblings there somewhere!!!! lol lol lol

My Mood
    Confused

Bill,
    I believe episode 3 and 4 are 80 minutes each

My Mood
    Confused

Bill,
    episode 1, 54 mins
    episode 2, 58 mins
    episode 3, 82 mins
    episode 4, 78 mins
    episode 5, 80 mins
    episode 6, 80 mins

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill,
    episode 1, 54 mins
    episode 2, 58 mins
    episode 3, 82 mins
    episode 4, 78 mins
    episode 5, 80 mins
    episode 6, 80 mins
    Cool, thank you very much!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill,
    episode 1, 54 mins
    episode 2, 58 mins
    episode 3, 82 mins
    episode 4, 78 mins
    episode 5, 80 mins
    episode 6, 80 mins
    Hell yeah!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill,
    episode 1, 54 mins
    episode 2, 58 mins
    episode 3, 82 mins
    episode 4, 78 mins
    episode 5, 80 mins
    episode 6, 80 mins
    Hell yeah!
    I take it you are excited by this? lol lol lol

Extended episodes is encouraging so I'll join you, Shannon with another "Fucking A"!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    What do ya think, Garrel? If, Winterfell only had the "Tide" defense it would be all over? LOL LOL

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on ... no one' died this season yet (right? right? thinking thinking … right!) so … let's place bets! I have $100 expendable Game of Thrones betting cash on me right now. Anyone interested?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Death is a process. Ned Stark will be the headless king
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm with Bill, I'm really worried about how they're going to resolve this epic story. Even with the extended episodes, that only amounts to an extra episode, so it's still really short. Hopefully they can come to some sort of conclusion that is fulfilling yet doesn't feel rushed. We'll find out soon enough.

I enjoyed this episode and can not wait for next week. Mike that scene you described with Nymeria would be amazing. I would love it if something like that happened.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

What if Dario is with the Golden Company and somehow manages to convince them to fight for Dany?

Would make for a quick fight so they could get on with other business. Of course, that all depends on how long it takes to defeat the Night King. IF they defeat him, and IF Dany is still alive after it's over...
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I read this theory about Cersei seeing the Night King flying toward her on the dragon and - thinking that Dany has finally come for her - blows up King's Landing, supplying NK with even more undead soldiers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast