Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Some speculation about Tyrion's dark gaze at Dany's chamber at the end: we weren't privy to what he said to Cersei. There was a prediction that Dany would be betrayed by several people; could Tryion end up being one of them?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The problem for me is this - with only 6 episodes left, I don't see how EVERYTHING is going to get resolved. I'll put this in a Spoiler in case some folks haven't seen the finale yet...

Spoiler:

1) First everyone has to head North and fight the Army of the Dead. Is that entire sequence of everyone getting there and waging war going to be one episode?
    2) After that battle/war completes, does the entire army (assuming the Westerosi win) then have to head South again and fight Cersei and her Golden Company?
    3) What about Winterfell and the Starks? What does Bran have to do with what's to come?

and a thousand other plot lines to go...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    The problem for me is this - with only 6 episodes left, I don't see how EVERYTHING is going to get resolved. I'll put this in a Spoiler in case some folks haven't seen the finale yet...

1) First everyone has to head North and fight the Army of the Dead. Is that entire sequence of everyone getting there and waging war going to be one episode?
    2) After that battle/war completes, does the entire army (assuming the Westerosi win) then have to head South again and fight Cersei and her Golden Company?
    3) What about Winterfell and the Starks? What does Bran have to do with what's to come?

and a thousand other plot lines to go...
    My BIGGEST issue with this show. The abundance of plot lines to keep straight. At times I feel lost... lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finale was a solid episode in an otherwise messy season. Its pretty clear that the show is growing through shrinking pains. It currently has more superfluous characters than it knows what to do with (Does anyone really care what happens with Theon or Yara at this point?), and they're having to fit narrative square pegs into triangle shaped holes to eliminate many of them. Unfortunately, this can make for occasionally sloppy writing.

In the win column -- how fucking cool was it to see the Night King storming in on Ice Viserion!? I had a conversation with my co worker who said that the Wall went down way too easily, I countered saying that we weren't going to sit there for 45 minutes while Viserion chipped away at the Wall. I mean, we got the point.

While I wish Littlefinger's comeuppance had been prolonged a little, it was immensely satisfying watching him grovel right before his death. The Arya vs Sansa vehicle we used to get there was clunky, but seeing them present a unified front in the end made it worthwhile.

And we also finally got Jon and Dany getting it ooooooonnnnnn. Not sure if it was intentional, but lol @ Bran's narration over a scene of them having steamy butt secks.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I just read the final season is postponed for 2 years. I didn't know that until now, damn!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I just read the final season is postponed for 2 years. I didn't know that until now, damn!
    I heard they are supposed to start filming the final season in 2 weeks. Huh? That is a lot of filming for simply 6 episodes with too much to cover.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I heard they are supposed to start filming the final season in 2 weeks. Huh? That is a lot of filming for simply 6 episodes with too much to cover.
    Absolute BS. This is HBO's way of keeping its subscribers longer than many may want to stay once GOT is gone.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Solid finale. The season just flew by. 7 episodes felt like 2 weeks.

There certainly are a lot of threads and I'm worried about how they are all going to get wrapped up. I will say that seeing all of those characters in one place was pretty awesome. They all seemed to have history with one another. The season wasn't perfect, but it really made me yearn for the next book even more.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember hearing that a while ago and thinking that it was pretty hilarious. Honestly, I also heard that Headey is a pain in the ass and hard to get along with.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    For those asking about the number of episodes left, it doesn't have anything to do with budget. The producers of the show decided that they wanted seven seasons to tell the story they wanted. HBO didn't want their cash cow to go away. They compromised on two shorter seasons. The reason there is a longer wait between each season is all the extra production needed for these more epic final episodes.
    You know nothing, Snow
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.
    This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.
    Budget, dude... Budget.

This is the most expensive tv series ever made.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.
    Indeed it is, but it's also raking in FU money. It's the biggest show on the planet right now. The revenue they're bringing in through merchandise alone has to be through the roof. The biggest culprit is the dragons. The CGI is so expensive and they've been on a lot this year.

I think the better question is what's the rush to end the series? They could have done 7 episodes, but taken their time with things a little more. It shocked me to hear that they were only doing 2 more seasons after last year. Shows like this are usually milked for every cent. It would have also allowed Martin to catch up.
    You also have to remember that this is the most stolen show in the history of recorded media.

It is all about the budget.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.
    This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.
    Budget, dude... Budget.

This is the most expensive tv series ever made.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.
    Indeed it is, but it's also raking in FU money. It's the biggest show on the planet right now. The revenue they're bringing in through merchandise alone has to be through the roof. The biggest culprit is the dragons. The CGI is so expensive and they've been on a lot this year.

I think the better question is what's the rush to end the series? They could have done 7 episodes, but taken their time with things a little more. It shocked me to hear that they were only doing 2 more seasons after last year. Shows like this are usually milked for every cent. It would have also allowed Martin to catch up.
    You also have to remember that this is the most stolen show in the history of recorded media.

It is all about the budget.
    I am pretty sure I read that it was the Walking Dead and Thrones is second.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I have a question about Euron and Cersei. When the gathered crowd see the wight for the first time, Euron leaves and Cersei calls him a coward etc. Later, Cersei reveals it was a scam and that Euron was still working for her. My question is, how did they know to prepare for that if Cersei was not a believer and both she and Euron had no clue what was going to come out of that box?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the best thing to come out of the last episode!

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

How about this? The sigil of house Stark.

Spoiler:
    [

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's cool Bev. I didn't even notice when I watched. Thought it was an arrow.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I have a question about Euron and Cersei. When the gathered crowd see the wight for the first time, Euron leaves and Cersei calls him a coward etc. Later, Cersei reveals it was a scam and that Euron was still working for her. My question is, how did they know to prepare for that if Cersei was not a believer and both she and Euron had no clue what was going to come out of that box?
    Cersei was preparing for war against Dany and needed the gold from Highgarden. When they got the gold to pay off the crown's debt they were going to use credit from the Bank and buy an army from the east. My assumption then is that the golden company army needed to go west somehow, so Euron would pick them up. Makes sense then? That is how I interpreted it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

She must have told him that whatever happened at the meeting, he'd need to find a reason to storm off.

The Golden Company has been her target all along.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Cersei was preparing for war against Dany and needed the gold from Highgarden. When they got the gold to pay off the crown's debt they were going to use credit from the Bank and buy an army from the east. My assumption then is that the golden company army needed to go west somehow, so Euron would pick them up. Makes sense then? That is how I interpreted it.
    Yeah I got that, my point was why the little scam they played. I suppose to make Cersei look weaker than she was but still....

She must have told him that whatever happened at the meeting, he'd need to find a reason to storm off.

The Golden Company has been her target all along.
    I suppose but what if nothing of importance had happened? It's kind of murky to me.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched the entire season. It was clunky in many places and I found that many characters seemed to act a little off compared to previous seasons. Still a great mini season and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Time to cancel HBO until next season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Time to cancel HBO until next season.
    Do you watch Westworld?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast