Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally got to watch it last night. Excellent episode! I think you're right Look. I am surprised that she gave up on Rickon though. Like Feev says she was a prisoner to Ramsey, so I wish she would have tried to save him, although maybe she knew she couldn't. Makes me sad that they brought him back only to be killed off right away
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What does everyone think of Davos' discovery that Melisandre was directly responsible for Shireen's death?

It will mean one of 3 things

1. Davos confronts Melisandre, dies
    2. Melisandre lets Davos kill her as she has outlived her usefulness/will want to pay for her sins
    3. Davos abandons Jon in light of the news

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What does everyone think of Davos' discovery that Melisandre was directly responsible for Shireen's death?

It will mean one of 3 things

1. Davos confronts Melisandre, dies
    2. Melisandre lets Davos kill her as she has outlived her usefulness/will want to pay for her sins
    3. Davos abandons Jon in light of the news
    I think if he confronts her and asks why, will she lie and blame Stanis or say the truth? She seems to be pretty open and honest, yet never told him the truth when he asked. Davos in a sense abandoned Stanis after his death and is now following Jon for the upcoming war of living vs. the dead. For the greater good, will Davos hold his tongue until that finale war is over? I feel Mel will survive this if confronted. I feel the red God with protect her if he isn't done with her. Just my opinion.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally got to watch it last night. Excellent episode! I think you're right Look. I am surprised that she gave up on Rickon though. Like Feev says she was a prisoner to Ramsey, so I wish she would have tried to save him, although maybe she knew she couldn't. Makes me sad that they brought him back only to be killed off right away
    I don't think she gave up on Rickon. She knew who Ramsey was and knew he never would survive because of exactly what she said, "He is the rightful heir to Winterfell." They do know Bran is alive, why didn't they mention him? As for Sansa knowing the Vale was coming, as a viewer, did I miss something? Did Littlefinger return a message back stating he will definitively come to help the Starks take back Winterfell?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Probably one of the greatest battle scenes I've ever seen in visual medium. Simply fantastic. They outdid themselves with this episode.
    I didn't want to comment after the episode because I didn't want to react so soon after an episode that left me on such a high. Sometimes my feelings are a little over the top when I watch something and I didn't want to proclaim something and for it to come off as overblown.

That being said, I watched the episode again and my initial reactions have been confirmed. The battle sequence between Snow/Bolton is the greatest battle sequence ever recorded. I love Braveheart, it's one of my favorite films of all-time. The same goes for The Return of the King, but this episode tops both in every single way. They captured the utter chaos of close combat warfare like I've never seen it before.

The episode also stood out for me because it's one of the rare episodes where the good guys win. I think that's what's great about the books/show. The good guys have been down for so long, that when they finally come out on top it really felt fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat literally cheering like I was watching one of my sports teams. A very unique experience. One that I've never had while watching a TV show.

I can all but guarantee that this isn't how it goes down in the books.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

I saw a preview for the finale. We know what Littlefinger wants.....Sansa. I'm interested in seeing if the ending of this season will be like book 5. We all know Varys is going back to King's Landing

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's not looking good for Sansa if this scene from season 5 means anything...This Key Game Of Thrones Scene Could Spell Doom For Sansa In The Finale

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely forgot all about the little burned girl and the stag until you guys brought it up. I just thought the Davos fire pit/stag scene from the last episode was some sort of Bolton scouting party's fire. Didn't even cross my mind until now, thanks.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I can all but guarantee that this isn't how it goes down in the books.
    I really do hope that he has a much larger role in the books.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's not looking good for Sansa if this scene from season 5 means anything...This Key Game Of Thrones Scene Could Spell Doom For Sansa In The Finale
    I remember this. But, Littlefinger was also involved in killing Joffrey. Cersei obviously doesn't know. I think Sansa will be fine as Littlefinger seems to play games with everyone. I feel eventually someone will catch him at his own game. Perhaps even Sansa. We will see.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I hope so because I really like Sansa.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I saw a preview for the finale. We know what Littlefinger wants.....Sansa. I'm interested in seeing if the ending of this season will be like book 5. We all know Varys is going back to King's Landing
    Honestly, Sansa needs to give Littlefinger an all access pass pronto. The dude came up big time. He didn't just buy dinner or something.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ohhhh!! Yep, the significance of the little stag had totally passed me by too...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A cool tidbit I noticed while watching the episode back a third time is that Lady Mormont's 62 men came in handy. The shield Jon Snow picks up is a Mormont shield.

Good catch!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So.

This is going to suck.

My friend is getting married tomorrow. Yes, I'm going to miss the Game of Thrones finale live. I've already pleaded with him to set up a projection screen, but no dice.

I swear on the seven, if somebody spoils the finale for me that wedding is going to turn red real quick.

So.

This is going to suck.

My friend is getting married tomorrow. Yes, I'm going to miss the Game of Thrones finale live. I've already pleaded with him to set up a projection screen, but no dice.

I swear on the seven, if somebody spoils the finale for me that wedding is going to turn red real quick.
    How rude of your friend to have their wedding on the GOT finale night! I won't be seeing the episode until later in the week as well. I'm going to have to avoid Yahoo and this thread until then.

My Mood
    Confused

So.

This is going to suck.

Give us your number. We will text you ever 5 mins and update you. It would be rude to call. Who gets married on a Sunday? That is rude lol.

My Mood
    Confused

I hope I'm not too tired to write. I was shocked how D and D pulled off this finale. It was epic. Great writing, story lines that ended, started, evolved. So much going on and I feel watching it several times will be the only true way to absorb everything. It is official, Varys is a teleporter.

We had great music. I mean I really enjoyed it. No white walkers though....at all. But we had so much to see. We will see if book 6 ever comes out, but we do now know what R plus L equals. My favorite part besides the north alignment, Littlefinger getting denied, was Frey pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great finale. Actually, great last two episodes. Epic action and then epic storytelling.

And it looks like they're going to drag out the L + R reveal, which is dumb because everyone has already been spoiled on it already.

I dont think there.was one dull second of the episode tonight. Very well done.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not reading anything here but just watched episodes one and two from the latest season. I really liked episode one and thought episode two was a little obvious with the "Big" revelation. I have amazingly avoided all spoilers so far so I'm excited to watch the rest.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible finale.

That Tommen scene though:
    Spoiler:

I couldn't believe it. He just peaced out.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Incredible finale.

That Tommen scene though:
    Spoiler:

I couldn't believe it. He just peaced out.
    I can't remember exactly, but first episode ever Bran was pushed out a window. Wasn't he pushed from the chest? I state this because what Tommen did was a frontal. Not sure why some article mentioned it was bitter sweat in the same way Bran fell so long ago. Am I wrong?

Just watched the finale. Wow, what a finale.
    Just in case everyone hasn't seen the finale yet

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?

My Mood
    Confused

Just watched the finale. Wow, what a finale.
    Just in case everyone hasn't seen the finale yet

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?
    Don't mind my spelling. The whole rumor of R + L = J is Ragar Targaryn plus Lyana Stark had a baby......Jon . That was the fan rumor for years. They were allegedly in secret love with each other. The whole war started when Ragar allegedly kidnapped Lyana and raped her and stole her from Robert Baratheon. Little do we know how rumors are not always true. So with you watching the finale, seeing the finished version of the Tower of Joy, now you know what R + L equals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast