Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Not sure if people know, but there are titles up for the next episodes
    8 is "No one"
    9 is "Battle of the Bastards"
    I'm getting excited for tonight. People mentioning Arya a lot. As in, her watching those skits about King's Landing and "learning" a thing or two from how the actors were doing their affects. Meaning, perhaps Arya tricked the Waif with fake blood and injuries. Why would she be strolling through all the city to see how badly she was injured? And we know she will be jumping around this episode. How is that possible? We will see.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I enjoyed the episode, but does anyone feel cheated with the non-siege at River run and the final confrontation between Arya and the waif?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, on both counts.

The Blackfish branch was the more disappointing of the two; I didn't buy that 'Edmure is our liege so we must obey him even if his decisions are idiotic' schtick the showrunners were selling for one second. They're going to turn their backs on the Blackfish, the brave general whom helped them retake the castle for a man they haven't seen in years and is potentially just an avatar for the enemies' wishes? And then that same general gets killed unceremoniously off screen? Bullshit. That was bad writing for the sake of hastening Jamie's return to King's Landing.

Gotta say, now that Arya's time in Braavos is up, I feel like that whole story arc existed pretty much just to spin its wheels and keep Arya out of trouble and out of sight until shit starts hitting the fan. That is unless the skills she acquired there serves a very, very specific purpose later..

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes, on both counts.

The Blackfish branch was the more disappointing of the two; I didn't buy that 'Edmure is our liege so we must obey him even if his decisions are idiotic' schtick the showrunners were selling for one second. They're going to turn their backs on the Blackfish, the brave general whom helped them retake the castle for a man they haven't seen in years and is potentially just an avatar for the enemies' wishes? And then that same general gets killed unceremoniously off screen? Bullshit. That was bad writing for the sake of hastening Jamie's return to King's Landing.

Gotta say, now that Arya's time in Braavos is up, I feel like that whole story arc existed pretty much just to spin its wheels and keep Arya out of trouble and out of sight until shit starts hitting the fan. That is unless the skills she acquired there serves a very, very specific purpose later..
    She does have a very particular set of skills.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Confused

Yes, on both counts.

I don't get it either. It is like D and D can't write or are disinterested in the show. It seems pretty evident now. The whole scene with Tyrion and the other two....exchanging jokes. You can't figure out something more interesting and creative.

Blackfish, in the books, escapes a different way during a real siege. The whole Riverrun thing was so anti-climactic. I was disappointed. Same with Arya. All the build up with her and the waif to simply end with the viewers only seeing the aftermath. I thought the slicing of the candle was a really cool affect, but, then we fast forward to the ending of her eastern story. Still love the show, but what's next? Tyrion fast forwarding on the throne episode 10? Where is the story and dialogue that made this show amazing?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nobody is mentioning the most intriguing part of the show and that is The Hound meeting up with Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr and the Brotherhood without Banners. Their return brings up a very distinct possibility and I think you all know where I'm going with this. Lady Stoneheart.

It's no secret how I feel about her omission. It's my biggest regret with the show. I even went so far as to write my own scene when she wasn't included at the end of one of the season's a few years ago. I've also made it clear that I now think it's impossible for them to bring her into the show.

With that being said, it's hard to deny the fact that this is a perfect opportunity. Why else bring back Beric and the rest of his crew? I'm starting to think that it's actually possible that we get LSH afterall. A possible thread is the fact that The Hound is the one character that has connections to both Arya and Sansa. I can see a scenario where The Hound vows to find them both. I don't know, something seems up.

If anybody wants to read the scene I wrote, just let me know and I'll post it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it possible that LSH will turn into Ser Blackheart? Maybe that is the reason they needed to kill off the Blackfish? Of course, it seems too late in the season to be able to set that up properly but they are rushing other storylines that they should have started earlier in the season such as the seige of Mereen.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Honestly, I don't even have fun speculating anymore. All you have to do is turn to Buzzfeed or Twitter to see what the latest plot lines will be. It's like the writers are pandering to the masses just to have content with no thought to the larger picture.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one that could not care less about LSH's exclusion?

We already have plenty of avatars for Stark vengeance..

My Mood
    Confused

Am I the only one that could not care less about LSH's exclusion?

We already have plenty of avatars for Stark vengeance..
    I'm fine with her being left out. They have left out some intriguing characters as it is. I'm more disappointed on the whole Winterfell murder mysteries with the Boltons and where that is going in the books. And curious about where the other Targaryen's story line is going too (book cousin of Dany that isn't in the show either). Some great characters are dead in the show that aren't dead in the books. That is more of a mystery to me.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't care that LSH is cut but it seems odd to move all the pieces in place but not do anything with it. They have reintroduced the Brotherhood Without Banners and put Jaime and Brienne back in the Riverlands. Why bother if they just go back? I feel like something is going to happen but I am not sure what. I know there are more scenes coming with the Freys so maybe we will at least get a little vengeance there.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I don't care that LSH is cut but it seems odd to move all the pieces in place but not do anything with it. They have reintroduced the Brotherhood Without Banners and put Jaime and Brienne back in the Riverlands. Why bother if they just go back? I feel like something is going to happen but I am not sure what. I know there are more scenes coming with the Freys so maybe we will at least get a little vengeance there.
    The whole episode 8 was cock teases. Not that violence is needed to make a great episode, but the missing dialogue or lack there of has been a disappointment without D and D using Martin's books. It seems evident that D and D cannot write on par with Martin.

1. The hound going all killing spree to get revenge on the Band of Brothers when all he decides to do was push over 2 tree stumps .
    2. The non-siege at Riverrun.
    3. Cersei finally saying "I choose violence" and ONE person dies.
    4. Blackfish, an amazing character and great war general, dies off screen. His family words or Family, Duty, Honor and yet he dies off screen instead of helping family.....the Starks
    5. Arya and Waif fight that is also fought off screen. I get Arya being able to fight in the dark and it's fitting when the waif fought/taught her when blind....but still.

So. I'm losing faith in the writers of the show. Maybe it is time to pass the baton to people that actual love the show that can and will do a better job??? Hopefully they won't do idiotic fart jokes or waste camera time of stellar characters like Tyrion standing around for 10 minutes asking if anyone knows a good joke. No wonder why D and D are thinking of shortening the next 2 seasons. "They know nothing!"

Country
    Country Flag

You can say that D&D are bad writers but I don't think you can really accuse them of not caring about the story. They are the ones that pitched the idea to Martin and impressed him enough to let them make a show. They were not just assigned this by HBO. I wish they still had books to follow to help them but that is pointless to think about now because the show will be long over before Martin finishes his story.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    You can say that D&D are bad writers but I don't think you can really accuse them of not caring about the story. They are the ones that pitched the idea to Martin and impressed him enough to let them make a show. They were not just assigned this by HBO. I wish they still had books to follow to help them but that is pointless to think about now because the show will be long over before Martin finishes his story.
    IDK. Maybe they do care, or cared at one point. Maybe they still do. I'll I'm saying is that the writing for seasons 5 and 6, without the books, has not been stellar like seasons 1-4. If they do truly still care for the show, then they seem to not have the creativity or style or workmanship or passion like Martin. They don't have "it" when it comes to dialogue with telling Martin's story.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say that the writing is bad. The plotting is a little odd at times, but I'm still loving the season so far.

D&D are good writers.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This should be a good one tonight!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This should be a good one tonight!
    The dialogue was actually great. Everything mentioned meant something. The battles were over the top. It was beyond impressive. It exceeded my expectations. I heard this episode is up for some awards already.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply Breathtaking!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Awe. Some.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably one of the greatest battle scenes I've ever seen in visual medium. Simply fantastic. They outdid themselves with this episode.

Pros:
    + The beyond epic battle sequence. Gritty, visceral, entertaining, gut wrenching.
    + Jon and Ramay's pre match banter.
    + Daenerys putting an end to the Slaver rebellion
    + Ramsay's comeuppance

Cons:
    - Has the show decided to do away with all semblance of travel? The Knights of the Vale, Theon & Yara.. they all reached their respective destinations at warp speed. Some of the shows best moments have come while characters travel from one place to the other, but maybe that's not as important anymore as we fast track toward the end game.

-Why didn't Sansa tell Jon before the battle where he was nearly killed of her pact with Littlefinger? Couldn't 75% of their forces have been spared if she said "hey, just wait a few mins while Littlefinger gets here" ?!

My Mood
    Confused

She sent the letter, but we had no idea the Vale was coming to the rescue. I honestly don't know if she knew. If Sansa did know, then yes, she might have a problem with her brother. People and their communication skills! She is acting a lot like her mother with going behind her son's back, Rob's, to do things for what she feels is in everyone's best interests. Did Jon deserve to know if she knew the Vale was coming? Truly! Could have saved lives or made the Bolton's come to them. Then again, Jon fell for Ramsey's game which in turn started the battle earlier then everyone seemed to want.
    As for transporting, well, I think it is hard for a show to show time frames or time. Remember seeing the dragons season 2? Small like cats, then season 3 they were the size of people. Bam! It is what it is. I don't complain about the generational time lapses like that. I'm more concerned about the dialogue without the books. Hell of a job with that episode 9!

Dany will be in Westeros tomorrow lol. Though I have concerns with how the West will view her army of Dhothraki. They all call them savages and I'm curious whom they hate more. Them or wildlings and if they will want her as a ruler when she tries to take over the west because of who she is using as an army. Maybe the whole aftermath they will go home?

My Mood
    Confused

I loved the travel and moments between Arya and the Hound the best.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't put into words how great that episode was, but I can put it into a meme:

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree that Sansa did not know. She purposefully withheld the information with a strategic goal in mind. That of having the Knights of the Vale come and turn the tide after both armies had depleted each other.

Ser Davos called off the archer volleys, as they could hit their own men. Ramsey gleefully called volley after volley, the safety of his men be damned.

Sansa showed herself a master of the Game by knowingly withholding the information of the incoming reinforcements, because she did NOT want them to wait. A battle that begun with Ramsey thinking he had the upper hand (due to his own trickery) allowed the tide to be turned by a masterful move of the chess piece by Sansa. Just watch how her faux complaining to Jon snow about how he didnt ask her advice and why didnt they wait... It was misdirection. She stone cold played her own brother because she KNEW unexpected reinforcements would turn the tide and bring victory. If they had waited for Littlefinger's men to show up, Ramsey, being the craven that he is may have holed up in the castle.

Sansa KNEW what Ramsey would do. She KNEW Rickon would die and told Jon so.

Sansa Stark has arrived. With her mother's fierceness and the guile learned by watching one of the biggest tricksters in the whole show in Littlefinger, she has become a formidable Player, able to manipulate and inspire with ease and smart enough to figure it all out. (and of course she is probably being built up just so she can die a horrible traumatic death)

I believe she has the chops right now to be in the running for winning the game.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent write up, Look.

I was very surprised Sansa was so callous as to suggest there was nothing that could be done for Rickon. She's been a prisoner of violence and depravity for so long she no longer accepts even the tiniest sliver of hope into her soul.

She truly is emerging a formidable player of the great Game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast