Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    About this week's episode.....

Spoiler:
    Well, that didn't take long, Snow is back!!!!
    I haven't seem anything from you Bill in awhile and I thought the others got a hold of you. Glad to see that's not true! This episode was 10 times better then the premiere. I see Ramsey is making more friends to solidify the north lol.
    Oh, Ramsey is making friends and influencing folks alright. If he doesn't have a target on his back...... lol

Thx for ther shout out.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quickfire thoughts;

SNOW MY GOD! Jon's back! I mentioned this elsewhere offline, but I'm glad they got this part over with. We all knew this was coming and it would have been too much of a distraction had they prolonged this reveal any longer. I wonder how coming back from the dead will affect him?

Now I'm not squeamish and I've never been one to shy away from GOT's gratuitous violence.. but did we really need to see Ramsay go through with letting his hounds tear through Walda Frey and her newborn? Wouldn't the implication of "Summon Lady Walda and her child" have been enough? Could that time have been better spent elsewhere?

Loved all the Bran moments. I'm especially curious to see what other Lyanna centric visions they plan on showing apart from The Tower of Joy, which we all know is coming.

Zombie-Mountain is bad ass. Did everyone else catch sigh of relief the guard lets out after Cersei and her armored body guard decide to stand down? Lol.

What about that testy conversation that Jamie and the High Sparrow had at the Sept? It was a bit more ambiguous in the books, but in the show it seems like they're steering the Sparrow story line to a place where he has much higher ambitions. Can he be making a play for the throne? I hope not. The story is in the final stretch and it's too late to insert yet ANOTHER contender for the throne.

Not sure how I feel about Tyrion being stranded in Mareen yet. He is the show's most charismatic presence, and him being the one to free the dragons hints at him playing a huge role in the final outcome. The show is going to have to convince me that THIS is the best use of this character's time.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm surprised we didn't actually see Walda and her son get eaten for how violent the show can be. I liked the dread. Ramsey is such a prick. I was hoping we would see Lord Bolton more and was hoping a Stark would have gotten revenge on him. Ramsey truly is a mad dog out of control. That Karstark looks like he might be Ramsey lite.

I think Bran will find out who Jon's parents really are. I'm guessing, but it seems like it might just go that way. You are right though, glad to end the suspense with Jon. I figured the magic wasn't going to work and they were going to burn his body, and out of the fire he was going to be reborn, like a Targaryen.

The dragons and Tyrion was weird. Why are they listening to him and not Dany? When he released them, why did they go back in the cave/prison and not escape or fly away? Are they really that depressed? We will see I guess. I liked the fast pace of the show this episode, but I don't want to too fast as we lose story lines.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quickfire thoughts;

SNOW MY GOD! Jon's back! I mentioned this elsewhere offline, but I'm glad they got this part over with. We all knew this was coming and it would have been too much of a distraction had they prolonged this reveal any longer. I wonder how coming back from the dead will affect him?
    Yes, this was wise choice. No sense in dragging this out too long, this isn't The Walking Dead. Also, I assume that Jon Snow has a lot of work to do before it's all said and done.

Now I'm not squeamish and I've never been one to shy away from GOT's gratuitous violence.. but did we really need to see Ramsay go through with letting his hounds tear through Walda Frey and her newborn? Wouldn't the implication of "Summon Lady Walda and her child" have been enough? Could that time have been better spent elsewhere?
    Agreed, they really are trying to hammer home how sick Ramsay is. It's like they are trying to make him go down as one of the worst TV villains of all-time.

Loved all the Bran moments. I'm especially curious to see what other Lyanna centric visions they plan on showing apart from The Tower of Joy, which we all know is coming.
    I loved when Lyanna came riding in on her horse. It really did make me happy to see her. It also made me realize that this world has so much more material to pull from if they really wanted to. You could make 5 more shows with the source material after Game of Thrones ends if you wanted to.

Zombie-Mountain is bad ass. Did everyone else catch sigh of relief the guard lets out after Cersei and her armored body guard decide to stand down? Lol.
    That sigh of relief was great. Frankenmountain really is cool, but I have to say that I thought him smashing the guys head on the wall was a little silly. Especially since they used a similar comedic note with the giant smashing the guy on the wall, which was awesome by they way. I would have liked to maybe have seen Frankenmountain pick the guy up by his neck and raise him in the air and then snap his neck or something.

The dragons and Tyrion was weird. Why are they listening to him and not Dany? When he released them, why did they go back in the cave/prison and not escape or fly away? Are they really that depressed? We will see I guess. I liked the fast pace of the show this episode, but I don't want to too fast as we lose story lines.
    Could it be because he has
    Spoiler:
    dragon blood
    ?

I have a few questions after watching that cropped up. Seeing Bran made me realize how long Rikon has been away. I really don't see him coming back anytime soon. The show is wrapping up, I just don't see how he could play a pivotal role.

I'm wondering where the Littlefinger it? It's odd not seeing him yet. In general, I'm not sure how they are going to build this up properly with the amount of remaining episodes. We literally still have to see the whole realm come together and unify to fight these White Walkers. That seems impossible at this point.

Lastly, any idea who the guy was in the upcoming promo that was fighting off a few soldiers? Unless I'm missing something, he didn't look familiar.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

@Mike. Forgetting his name, but is that the guy with the valerian sword named Dawn? As for the dragons, perhaps, but also people are mentioning that the dragons are really that smart and know friend from foe. Though the writers never used that ever until now. We will see.

And yes I'm curious with all these missing story lines, and characters yet to see, how after this season we have allegedly 13 more episodes. Is Dany in Westeros next week already? lol
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

@Mike. Forgetting his name, but is that the guy with the valerian sword named Dawn? As for the dragons, perhaps, but also people are mentioning that the dragons are really that smart and know friend from foe. Though the writers never used that ever until now. We will see.

And yes I'm curious with all these missing story lines, and characters yet to see, how after this season we have allegedly 13 more episodes. Is Dany in Westeros next week already? lol
    @Mike again: Ned Stark, Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's dad) and a couple others fight Arthur Dane (owns Dawn) and some king's guards.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

@Mike again: Ned Stark, Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's dad) and a couple others fight Arthur Dane (owns Dawn) and some king's guards.
    I gotcha, so you think that is a flashback? I personally would love a prequel series chronicling Robert's Rebellion. I would love to see Arthur Dayne.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I gotcha, so you think that is a flashback? I personally would love a prequel series chronicling Robert's Rebellion. I would love to see Arthur Dayne.
    That would be my guess (flashback and about Dayne protecting Tower of Joy) . Now, the big guy showing up with a gift for Ramsey? wtf
    There's some pretty cool youtube videos from a guy called "emergency awesome" that are helpful with tower of joy and other GOT lore. As for Dayne (I gave up on spelling for this series lol) that would be great back stories, prequels, etc. Or a huge thing with Bran on seeing the past to show some great wars, Dayne, Robert's rebellion, and so forth. I'm in!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great episode. I only wished it was longer. The gift mentioned in the preview is
    Spoiler:
    Rickon. The Umbers are working with the Boltons. Unless it is a fake Rickon?

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Great episode. I only wished it was longer. The gift mentioned in the preview is
    Spoiler:
    I heard about that after my post. I cannot see that happening IMO. The Umbers are supposed to be super loyal to the Starks. I would be heart broken if true. And why wait after ALL this time to do so now? What do the Umbers gain?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Spoiler:
    My first thought is that it was Jeyne Poole posing as Arya Stark, but that wouldn't make sense anymore since they borrowed from Poole's story for Sansa's.

Honestly, Rikon makes more sense at this point. It's the only logical way to get him back into the story before the end. Good theory.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I would love it if they brought Rikon back. I've been waiting to see him again. It'd be weird for them to just toss him aside.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I would love it if they brought Rikon back. I've been waiting to see him again. It'd be weird for them to just toss him aside.
    Or toss him to Ramsey. God knows what he will do to him. We all know how he treats captives. I just don't understand why the Umbers would do this now. Unless it is a fake Rickon and they have their own red wedding thing planned for revenge. Though I can't remember what the show has done with Great and little Jon. If I remember right in the books, little Jon is dead from red wedding and Great Jon is held captive by the Freys.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first read the books, I thought we were playing the long game. I thought we would see Rikon emerge years later as this wild, badass warrior. I suppose it might still happen this way with the books. Martin can take his time I suppose. The show? Not so much.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    When I first read the books, I thought we were playing the long game. I thought we would see Rikon emerge years later as this wild, badass warrior. I suppose it might still happen this way with the books. Martin can take his time I suppose. The show? Not so much.
    I heard the same thing about Rickon too. Maybe Rickon sets this "gift" up as he is a warrior genius? We will see soon enough.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The sword fight at the TOJ was badass, such great choreography.

I'm digging the uncharted territory aspect of Jon Snow's story.

My Mood
    Confused

I think I understand why the creators are starting to think they only have 13 episodes left after season 6. The show all of a sudden is moving too fast. I miss the extended dialogues and verbal conversations with the characters from seasons passed. Still love the show don't get me wrong, but the show is feeling "too Hollywood" now. It is like they are reading fan comments and going by what they say instead of listening to the books and Martin. I'm not sure how that will play out.

I'm not liking the humor. This show was never supposed to be funny. This season has had the most "funny" dialogue I feel then the other 5 seasons combined. People have been loving and talking about this show since the beginning, there is no need to turn this into a bad violent comedy. A character gets frightened and farts? That would work in Dumb and Dumber but GOT.

Anyway, the choreography of the fight scene last night was great. Why were they unwatchable in Dorne? Overall a great episode but
    spoiler

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the show feels a little rushed at the moment. I truly have no idea how they are going to get all these character threads to come together. Dany is still on the other side of the world, the White Walkers are still North of the Wall, Arya is still far, far away.

Honestly, it's not the shows fault. They don't have the books to pull from any longer. They have a brief outline and that's it. It's a nuts and bolts of what is left of the story, hence why it feels rushed. If blame can be put anywhere, it's on Martin.

On the flipside, if HBO had their way, they would milk this show for another 4 seasons, which isn't ideal either.

Anyway, I loved the scene with Arthur Dayne. He's always been a favorite character of mine. I had chills when I first saw him. I can't wait to see the rest of that scene unfold.

As for Rickon, Kudos to everybody who saw that coming. I have to say, it angered me to see Shaggy Dog dead, I hope they know what they are doing with that story because I can guarantee you that's not how it will go down in the books.

Should be interesting to see where Jon Snow goes from here. He can't exactly walk into Winterfell.

My Mood
    Confused

I know exactly what you are saying about Rickon, Dayne, the show, not having the books, etc. This might be bad, it might be good, who knows. I'm just hoping it doesn't go too Hollywood like it seems to be slowly doing. This show has sold itself, it doesn't need farts and jokes to gain an audience. Arya's story is coming along, though I wish we would have seen the warg with the cat so we know she is one too. Maybe the Umbers are playing games.....do we know if that really was Shagydog? We will see but like I've said. All of a sudden after all this time the Umbers turn on Starks just for the wildlings? Seems rushed or bad writing to me. Where is book 6?!?!?!?!?

As for Dayne, yeah that was great all around. Would love more story on him then what people mention in passing. I'd love to see more of why he was the best ever seen.

As for Jon, I loved how he got his revenge, said fuck it, "my watch is ended," I'm out. I'm guessing he is off with the wildlings to go gather people to either fight the dead or regain Winterfell for his family. Say the preview of Sansa next episode. Curious where she is going.....Manderly family? It can't be Karstarck of Umbers......I'm assuming.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even CNN is getting into it...

(may have spoilers from May 1 program)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As for Dayne, yeah that was great all around. Would love more story on him then what people mention in passing. I'd love to see more of why he was the best ever seen.
    Me too. I love anything that has to do with the Dayne's. I even want to learn more about Darkstar (Gerold Dayne), who we've only seen/heard about in passing. He seems pretty mysterious.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What if Umber taking Rickon to Ramsay is a Trojan horse?

My Mood
    Confused

What if Umber taking Rickon to Ramsay is a Trojan horse?
    That's what I'm hoping for especially with little John Umber being such a prick to Ramsey. How can you trust a kinslayer? I think Tyrion is in trouble with that regard down the road too. Kinslayers in the books never survive.

spolier

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, can we all agree that Shaggydog is a dumb name?

The Super Serious moment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that his name sounds like something out of Scooby Doo.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well he was named by a six-year old (and Rickon was even younger in the books.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast