Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Books 4 and 5 were originally just book four. Then he (and his editors) realized it was way too long and decided to split it. His reasoning for splitting it by character instead of time period is at the end of book four but it basically boils down to wanting to finish each character's planned book four arc instead of cutting them in half. (His note at the end of book four also has the now funny comment that book five would be out in a year. It took five for him to finish it even though it was mostly already written.)

So to answer your other questions, yes you will "go back in time" to see the same story from different characters' perspectives but at the end of book five the stories rejoin so almost every character has at least one chapter in the book to wrap up that part of their story.
    What Rube said. You won't be confused though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah, I've been struggling with Book 4 a bit. I definitely had a hard time when it first started because it was all new characters. It was especially jarring reading them back to back because Book 3 ended with all these great story points, and then Book 4 started with all these different storylines, and it took forever to back to some of the cliffhangers from the previous book. I will say though, that it definitely has helped that I'm listening to the audiobooks vs reading the books. To me it's a lot easier to get through hard books if I'm listening. If I was reading this one, I know I would be struggling even more. I think I had this issue with season 4 of the series as well. I'm just not into the Dorne storyline at all. Plus
    Spoiler:
    so far Book 4 has not even mentioned Bran, or the shocking ending of Book 3 when Catelyn reappears?!?!
    I wonder why he chose to do that. Glad to hear it's not just me that wasn't enjoying it. I do hope Book 5 gets better.

Oh and Mike, I am glad that I gave it another go. I do think watching the series helped me get into it more this time.
    Winter is coming April 24th I believe. As for the books, I have been blowing them out when I have the time. I'm sort of half way through book 5. Book 4.....Dorne and the Iron Islands seem like filler to me. I do understand why people say the books are a bit hard to follow with stories taking breaks and chapters not running in sequence one after another. Meaning you have one chapter as say Davos, the next is Bram, the next is Jon, etc. I will say watching the show too many times has helped alleviate some problems and even hinders others lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Two more weeks bitches.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Two more weeks bitches.
    I am trying very hard to finish book 5 before the two weeks.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Two more weeks bitches.
    I am trying very hard to finish book 5 before the two weeks.
    Me too. I had borrowed it from the library, but got sick so wasn't able to finish it, so I had to wait a bit before I could borrow it again. Just got it back though, so I should hopefully be done by the end of the week
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not to discourage you but most of what seems to be in this coming season is either from book four
    Spoiler:
    (Ironborn kingsmoot, Jamie and Brienne in the Riverlands, Sam on his way to the Citadel)
    or unpublished/original material. Last season covered most of the stuff in book five
    Spoiler:
    (Tyrion's trip, Jon's command, Dany's failures, Ramsey's marriage/Reek's slow conversion back to Theon)
    but hopefully we will get some of the stuff missing like some important northern lords playing a part in what happens there.

My Mood
    Confused

A friend from work was telling me about book 5 several years ago. Maybe not a true friend at all. He told me one of the dragons got sick and died, The actual end of the book was about The Wall, and Cersei died. WTF!? All that was lies and not true. I will say that from Book 5 that is missing from the show that was very informative and I wish was in the show was the in depth things happening at The Wall and with Bolton. I felt those had great misdeeds and much more going on that would have been great for the show. Regardless, I am very excited that winter is coming.
    Anyone here in LA and see the first episode that was shown early???

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A friend from work was telling me about book 5 several years ago. Maybe not a true friend at all. He told me one of the dragons got sick and died, The actual end of the book was about The Wall, and Cersei died. WTF!? All that was lies and not true. I will say that from Book 5 that is missing from the show that was very informative and I wish was in the show was the in depth things happening at The Wall and with Bolton. I felt those had great misdeeds and much more going on that would have been great for the show. Regardless, I am very excited that winter is coming.
    Yes, I definitely agree that the book did a much better job of covering Jon's command of the Night's Watch and what happened with the Boltons (along with every other storyline for that matter.) I really wish they would have shown more of the day-to-day issues that divided Jon and his fellow Night's Watch leaders especially what happened leading up to the end. However, there was too much to cover in one season and some things like arguing over food stores could have made boring TV.

My Mood
    Confused

Books are finished! Like a crazy person I am re-watching the show. Anyway, I'm glad I read the books because I have gained a lot more love and respect for characters I didn't like or didn't care much for. Arya comes to mind and her struggles and journeys to get to where she is now. Sansa though. I feel bad for her but I had a question. The books go in detail much more about the dire wolves being tied to the lives of the Stark children. The show does not. I have never forgiven Sansa for her lie to protect Joffrey and her dire wolf suffered for it. So, with losing her wolf, how does that tie her life with "Lady?"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That person hates you. I would track them down and sentence them to a Merrett Frey like ending.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That person hates you. I would track them down and sentence them to a Merrett Frey like ending.
    I don't mind when people tell me something and get some details wrong, but not major details! Don't worry, I sent him off to a party held by Ramsey Snow (I don't feel he is truly naturalized lol).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind when people tell me something and get some details wrong, but not major details! Don't worry, I sent him off to a party held by Ramsey Snow (I don't feel he is truly naturalized lol).

My sister and I did something similar to my mom. She used to watch Lost, despite the fact that it's not her cup of tea, but got out of it after season 1. My sister and I told her that the hatch opened up into downtown New York. Unfortunately, we neglected to tell her we were just joking so for a while she was telling people she stopped watching because the show got weird and the characters ended up in NYC.

Woops.

My Mood
    Confused

I've done things bad hear and there. Poke fun at friends who still HAVEN'T seen GOT yet. I'll start talking about a show or movie that they had not seen yet and given away spoilers without thinking. The worst I guess you can say would be back in the day before the internet. My buddy had "Wolfen" from the library and he talked it up las being amazing book. I waited 2 months to get the book from him and decided to go to the library myself. I finished the book before him and spoiled the ending. Make an effort or get crushed!

I am itching for this show to start up already. Getting pissy on the rumors that the creators are thinking that they only have 13 more episodes to finish the saga and making it two more seasons of 6 and 7 episodes a season. That is pathetic. sorry. If true with everything not in the show from the books and 2 books still not even completed....13 episodes and that is it?! I don't buy it and if it is true, then get the right people to complete it properly then. I'm hoping the show doesn't let down like the 5th season where viewers see everything coming a mile away. Also, not sure if people know, but episode 4 season 6 is rumored to be a pretty long or longer then normal episode. And rumors a plenty of tons of people dying off season 6. We will have to wait and see.

Country
    Country Flag

It would actually be 23 more. 10 for season six, 7 for season seven, and 6 for season eight. They had only planned for seven seasons and HBO forced them into eight. Since they only have the main points from Martin going forward, they don't really have two books worth of material to work with. They could make up more of they own side plots to fill in but do we really want filler?

They also used two to four filming units filming most of the offseason to get the ten episodes this season. Apparently all of the big battle sequences are getting more complicated and they are dedicating more time to them each season. We are also getting more CGI effects added each season which adds to production time. The seasons already seem too short but if they need to be shorter to keep the quality up then I guess I can live with that.

http://watchersonthewall.com/benioff...ns/#more-61433

My Mood
    Confused

It would actually be 23 more. 10 for season six, 7 for season seven, and 6 for season eight. They had only planned for seven seasons and HBO forced them into eight. Since they only have the main points from Martin going forward, they don't really have two books worth of material to work with. They could make up more of they own side plots to fill in but do we really want filler?

They also used two to four filming units filming most of the offseason to get the ten episodes this season. Apparently all of the big battle sequences are getting more complicated and they are dedicating more time to them each season. We are also getting more CGI effects added each season which adds to production time. The seasons already seem too short but if they need to be shorter to keep the quality up then I guess I can live with that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Too much information out there .
    But I do not like seasons that shortened.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still find it hard to believe that they can wrap up all these story lines in 23 episodes. It just doesn't seem possible.

My Mood
    Confused

I still find it hard to believe that they can wrap up all these story lines in 23 episodes. It just doesn't seem possible.
    That's my complaint. The article Rube popped up, I read it, and I wasn't counting season 6 at 10 episodes. I'm concerned with 13 for two more seasons. If the rumors of Martin helping these guys with the show are accurate, I don't see 13 being thorough. Dany coming west and what? Everyone is on board and they all fight for the living in 6 episodes? Arya has so much to do and learn and I'm assumi9ng she will be coming home sometime. Plus Bran and his story line, Jon Snow, Lannisters, I don't see how. We will see I guess.

One more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope the writers include some of the "LSH" material they completely neglected.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I hope the writers include some of the "LSH" material they completely neglected.
    Nope. That ship has sailed. It's the one regret I will have about this show when it's all said and done.

I even wrote the scene where LSH is introduced because I was so bummed she wasn't included. We can't have it all I suppose.

My Mood
    Confused

Nope. That ship has sailed. It's the one regret I will have about this show when it's all said and done.

I even wrote the scene where LSH is introduced because I was so bummed she wasn't included. We can't have it all I suppose.
    You know how the show is sort of combining characters? Sansa/Jeyne, Connington/Mormont? Rumor they are sort of combining LSH with Sansa.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know how the show is sort of combining characters? Sansa/Jeyne, Connington/Mormont? Rumor they are sort of combining LSH with Sansa.
    Yeah, I can see that, but it's not the same. I still don't understand why they introduced Beric Dondarrion if they weren't going to include LSH. Unless of course it plays a part in the Jon Snow story. We shall see.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really wish they would include LSH in the show. That was such a shocking moment in the book. Also I wish she was in the book more. Is there a book thread? I'll go search because I have a few questions regarding some things but don't want to hijack the thread.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really wish they would include LSH in the show. That was such a shocking moment in the book. Also I wish she was in the book more. Is there a book thread? I'll go search because I have a few questions regarding some things but don't want to hijack the thread.
    I thought this was for both books and the show. No?

Country
    Country Flag

This is the TV thread but people are not real strict about book spoilers here, hence the LSH talk. There is an ASOIAF thread somewhere.

Five more days. I am up to the Hardhome episode of my complete series rewatch.

My Mood
    Confused

This is the TV thread but people are not real strict about book spoilers here, hence the LSH talk. There is an ASOIAF thread somewhere.

Five more days. I am up to the Hardhome episode of my complete series rewatch.
    I blew through the re re re re re watch of the series like a relentless crazy person. Had some free time. One of the few shows I am pumped to watch weekly. I don't say that very often.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast