Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Max Von Sydow has been cast as the Three Eyed Raven for Season 6.

It seems Ian McShane has also been cast in an unspecified role... thoughts?

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/game-of-t...ree-eyed-raven

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Max Von Sydow has been cast as the Three Eyed Raven for Season 6.

It seems Ian McShane has also been cast in an unspecified role... thoughts?

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/game-of-t...ree-eyed-raven
    I'm down with both of these. I'm not sure who McShane is playing, hell it could be somebody that we don't even know yet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding McShane, the article suggests it could be Randyll Tarly, Sam's pops.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He's a little small for Tarly but he could definitely pull off the character.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding McShane, the article suggests it could be Randyll Tarly, Sam's pops.
    I could see that. Should be interesting to see how they would work that in. Brienne runs into Tarly's father in the books, but in the show she's no longer in that area. They could change that, of course.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to casting, the entire Tarly family will be cast. My guess is that they keep Randyll Tarly with his family to make it real awkward when Sam brings Gilly to them. Then he will be the person to defend the Reach when a certain other character being cast shows up. That will eliminate the need for introducing the Redwynes. Of course, I could be totally off and he could meet Brienne. They are casting Meribald, some "outlaws," and a possible new Frey so it is very likely they return Brienne to the Riverlands where she belongs.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a theory floating around, gaining traction which posits that Meera Reed would be poised to play a much bigger role in the last two seasons and that Jon Snow is indeed dead and staying dead.

What do ya'll think?

In a discussion on Reddit -ghostchief via mashable "it was predicted that the opening scene of Series 6 would feature a flashback to Ned Stark finding a dying Lyanna in the Tower of Joy. Now, in the original R+L=J theory, theorists have said they believe that this moment - where a dying Lyanna says, "Promise me, Ned" - actually takes place shortly after she's given birth, and what she's really asking Ned to promise her is that he'll take care of her baby (a.k.a. an infant Jon Snow) who is the rightful heir to the throne. The R+L=J+M theory takes this one step further, though; in the predicted opening scene described by ghostchief, a sobbing Ned Stark is distracted from his sister's death by the cries of a baby girl - a baby girl who is Jon Snow's twin sister."

And if indeed true, then it would suggest that Meera Reed has a much bigger role to play in the series. Thus eclipsing the character of Jon Snow, which would mean the possibilities of Jon Snow being part of the season 6 would be lesser.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a theory floating around, gaining traction which posits that Meera Reed would be poised to play a much bigger role in the last two seasons and that Jon Snow is indeed dead and staying dead.

What do ya'll think?

In a discussion on Reddit -ghostchief via mashable "it was predicted that the opening scene of Series 6 would feature a flashback to Ned Stark finding a dying Lyanna in the Tower of Joy. Now, in the original R+L=J theory, theorists have said they believe that this moment - where a dying Lyanna says, "Promise me, Ned" - actually takes place shortly after she's given birth, and what she's really asking Ned to promise her is that he'll take care of her baby (a.k.a. an infant Jon Snow) who is the rightful heir to the throne. The R+L=J+M theory takes this one step further, though; in the predicted opening scene described by ghostchief, a sobbing Ned Stark is distracted from his sister's death by the cries of a baby girl - a baby girl who is Jon Snow's twin sister."

And if indeed true, then it would suggest that Meera Reed has a much bigger role to play in the series. Thus eclipsing the character of Jon Snow, which would mean the possibilities of Jon Snow being part of the season 6 would be lesser.
    I heard about this too and it's certainly plausible. I just wish we've seen Meera more. She really hasn't had a whole lot to do so far in the books or on the show. I also don't think it means Jon Snow is dead necessarily. I think that's just a smoke screen.

If Jon Snow really is dead, then it's one of the worst writing fails in the history of writing. Martin built his character up so much and hinted at multiple payoffs, but gave us none of them.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Euron Greyjoy has been cast for Season 6.

http://tvline.com/2015/09/01/game-of...euron-greyjoy/

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He was a lot older and a lot more badass in my mind.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When does it come back? Please don't tell me I have to wait till the new year.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    He was a lot older and a lot more badass in my mind.
    That's an inherent 'problem' with adapting novels. Authors write their characters with Olympian like physiques, but it's impossible -with few exceptions- to find competent actors matching those physical characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    When does it come back? Please don't tell me I have to wait till the new year.
    Ok, I won't tell you.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ughh, I've been in such withdrawals. This whole waiting for new episodes sucks

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Well they have not been successful at the nearly impossible job of hiding him during filming so why not just go with it. Seriously, there are pictures of him in costume arounding the filming of a major battle. They are also filming the Tower of Joy sequence which would be pointless if he remains dead. (unless the Meera BS is true)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do they have to do shit like this? There's no wonder left in TV/movies. There's no surprise anymore. It's a shame.

Country
    Country Flag

FYI, the trailer is finally out. Look it up. It is pretty good. It definitely got me excited for the season. Now I just have to wait another 45 days or so.

Can't wait!

I'm about halfway thru the fourth book now, hoping to finish the last by the time the series resumes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait!

I'm about halfway thru the fourth book now, hoping to finish the last by the time the series resumes.
    I'm proud of you Heather. It didn't sound like you were going to give the books another shot but you did and now you're almost done with book 4. Let me tell you, if you can get through book 4 (and 5) then you must be into it. Books 4 and 5, which are essentially 1 book that Martin broke up, are somewhat of a chore.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Book 4 is difficult to get through only because its cast is comprised of second tier characters.

I love book 5 though.

Yeah, I've been struggling with Book 4 a bit. I definitely had a hard time when it first started because it was all new characters. It was especially jarring reading them back to back because Book 3 ended with all these great story points, and then Book 4 started with all these different storylines, and it took forever to back to some of the cliffhangers from the previous book. I will say though, that it definitely has helped that I'm listening to the audiobooks vs reading the books. To me it's a lot easier to get through hard books if I'm listening. If I was reading this one, I know I would be struggling even more. I think I had this issue with season 4 of the series as well. I'm just not into the Dorne storyline at all. Plus
    Spoiler:
    so far Book 4 has not even mentioned Bran, or the shocking ending of Book 3 when Catelyn reappears?!?!
    I wonder why he chose to do that. Glad to hear it's not just me that wasn't enjoying it. I do hope Book 5 gets better.

Oh and Mike, I am glad that I gave it another go. I do think watching the series helped me get into it more this time.

Country
    Country Flag

Since you are already so far into book four it is too late for this but on my second read I found that reading the books as a combined set made it much easier to enjoy. There are several websites that give suggested chapter orders for a combined read of four and five. I believe the one I used was called "All Leather Must be Boiled." Then you do not have to wait to read about some of the favorite characters and you can better see the parallels between characters' arcs.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Book 4 is difficult to get through only because its cast is comprised of second tier characters.

I love book 5 though.
    I enjoyed book 5 a lot too. Book 4 is rough at times. Honestly, the Iron Island chapters are just brutal.

Yeah, I've been struggling with Book 4 a bit. I definitely had a hard time when it first started because it was all new characters. It was especially jarring reading them back to back because Book 3 ended with all these great story points, and then Book 4 started with all these different storylines, and it took forever to back to some of the cliffhangers from the previous book. I will say though, that it definitely has helped that I'm listening to the audiobooks vs reading the books. To me it's a lot easier to get through hard books if I'm listening. If I was reading this one, I know I would be struggling even more. I think I had this issue with season 4 of the series as well. I'm just not into the Dorne storyline at all. Plus
    Spoiler:
    so far Book 4 has not even mentioned Bran, or the shocking ending of Book 3 when Catelyn reappears?!?!
    I wonder why he chose to do that. Glad to hear it's not just me that wasn't enjoying it. I do hope Book 5 gets better.

Oh and Mike, I am glad that I gave it another go. I do think watching the series helped me get into it more this time.
    Oh, that's right!! I forgot you told me you were listening to the audiobooks. I think that's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Since you are already so far into book four it is too late for this but on my second read I found that reading the books as a combined set made it much easier to enjoy. There are several websites that give suggested chapter orders for a combined read of four and five. I believe the one I used was called "All Leather Must be Boiled." Then you do not have to wait to read about some of the favorite characters and you can better see the parallels between characters' arcs.
    I just looked it up. Well that explains a lot. Especially why I haven't heard about a bunch of main characters yet. Has he said why he chose to write the books this way? It seems kinda crazy. So am I going to get confused come Book 5? Am I going to go back in time? Also does that mean that some of the characters I'm reading about now are going to come to the end of their storylines and I won't hear about them in the next book?

Country
    Country Flag

Books 4 and 5 were originally just book four. Then he (and his editors) realized it was way too long and decided to split it. His reasoning for splitting it by character instead of time period is at the end of book four but it basically boils down to wanting to finish each character's planned book four arc instead of cutting them in half. (His note at the end of book four also has the now funny comment that book five would be out in a year. It took five for him to finish it even though it was mostly already written.)

So to answer your other questions, yes you will "go back in time" to see the same story from different characters' perspectives but at the end of book five the stories rejoin so almost every character has at least one chapter in the book to wrap up that part of their story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast