Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely, I'm looking forward to watching this week in and week out

One element that I feel the show is handling a bit better than the books is the foreshadowing of Winter is Coming. The phrase is peppered throughout the novels, but it's different to see and hear the characters say it and look upon the despair and fear on their faces, especially when Bran's Nan is talking to him about mothers killing their own children to spare them from the cold of winter.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Nan was awesome.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sunday is becoming a very solid night of TV for me. I start off with The Amazing Race. I know you guys might scoff, but it's not your normal crappy reality TV show. I've always loved that show and I look forward to watching it every week.

From there I go into Game of Thrones and end the night with The Killing. I've haven't heard a lot about this show, but it's another great program from AMC. It's not as good as Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, but it's still very entertaining. Check it out if you can.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Still, I like your av/sig combo!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Blaze. Justified is another good non-basic cable program. I think it kind of gets lost in the shuffle, but it's a very enjoyable show. I have to admit, I'm finding that I'm less and less interested with the dramas the main networks have to offer.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Thanks, Blaze. Justified is another good non-basic cable program. I think it kind of gets lost in the shuffle, but it's a very enjoyable show. I have to admit, I'm finding that I'm less and less interested with the dramas the main networks have to offer.
    Glad to see you watch Boardwalk Empire as well. Looking forward to the second season

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I love Justified. I am from Kentucky and Mags Bennet reminds me so much of women that I grew up around.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So what did everyone think of last night's episode?

- Sam. The actor is bringing more humor to the role than Sam had in the books, but I'm really liking it so far.
    - Speaking of Sam, Randall Tarly is one cold-hearted dude.
    - The Ghost scene was awesome. Loved the eyes, love the growling. Scary.
    - Kit Harrington IS Jon Snow to me now. Especially after him telling Sam about why he didn't have sex with Ros. That was some great stuff.
    - Bronn!

Dislikes
    - I felt like the Viserys/Doreah bathtub scene went on a bit too long.
    - Although Littlefinger did a good job, I really wish that they would have had the Hound tell Sansa about how he got his scars. That's one of my favorite scenes in the book and I love any Sansa/Sandor interaction.

But again, that's some minor stuff. I can't wait until next week, stuff is really starting to move now!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I don't like the wolves, they are too doggie for me.
    Viserys is so perfect in his insanity!
    Gendry is too old and too firmly entrenched as "Chris" for me.
    Cat is an insufferable, cold boor with a stick (probably weirwood) up her butt.
    Sean Bean is breathing more life in to Ned than I ever saw in the books.
    Arya, I love this kid.
    Theon hit it perfect.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

- I was skeptical of him at first, but the actor playing Jon Snow has really made the character his own. I can only see him getting better as the series moves along.
    - The Ghost scene.
    - Littlefinger revealing the Hound/Mountain's brotherly love
    - That guy choking on his own blood for 2 minutes before meeting his maker
    - Littlefinger pointing out to Ned the different spies in the garden

Dislikes
    - The Ghost scene lasting 0.4 seconds
    - Certain trivial scenes dragging on for way too long, like the Viserys hot tub scene

Also, I know that this is only the beginning of the series and that things need to progress organically, but the past two episodes have been dreadfully dull. A little more fights/scuffles please ? Kthx.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

After Ser Hugh finally died, Annabeth said, "Well, that was much different reading about."

And I keep a blanlet on the couch with us that I used to cover her head during the really bad scenes.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else been reading the Recaps by James Hibberd on ew.com? They are hilarious. Sample from today's:

"After the meeting, we meet elderly councilor Grand Maester Pycelle, whose name along with wearing a massive metal chain makes him look like the world's oldest hip-hop artist. Maesters are actually scholars and scientists and each link in their chains represent one educational subject they've studied -- like Boy Scouts badges, except the badges collectively must weigh like 30 pounds and you have to drag them around for the rest of your life. It's almost as bad as a having a consolidated student loan."

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i have been watching the series off and on with my hubby. I am liking Jason Momoa in this series. He has come a long way from the Cosby show. He did well as Ronan on Stargate Atlantis also. He is the new Conan and can't wait for that as well.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really enjoying this show. Every week I look forward to learning more about these characters and every week I battle with myself on whether or not I want to read these books this summer or not.

Reading your comments make me want to hold off because I know if I read the books I will watch every episode with a discerning eye of how it matches up with the books instead of just enjoying the show.

I know I will be having this conflict on a weekly basis.

My Mood
    Breezy

honestly, although they've changed some things, the only thing pissing me off is that the wolves aren't shown enough.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I hear you Bruno. They already have the dogs, so how hard would it be to just have them in the background of a scene. Like when Jon and Sam were talking in the mess hall, it would have been nice to see Ghost in the background. I'm missing them as a presence like they were in the book.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    honestly, although they've changed some things, the only thing pissing me off is that the wolves aren't shown enough.
    Pissing you off this badly?
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/26/ga...dniestrzanski/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is hilarious. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they're dropping the ball with the wolves badly.

My Mood
    Breezy

“A Game of Thrones argument that doesn’t result in at least 3 deaths is considered a dull affair.”

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode....OMG! Loved it! Thoughts:

- I was blown away by Robert and Cersei's talk with each other. AWESOME acting from Mark Addy.
    - I just love Arya more and more each week.
    - They are really putting a lot of energy into the Greyjoy's and their story arc.
    - Speaking of the Greyjoy's....holy crap Theon dick!
    - I don't think they could have done a better job showing how insane Lysa Arryn is. That scene gave me the creeps, just like it was meant to.
    - Tyrion's comment to Bronn after killing the mountain man about he was willing if Catelyn was. Hilarious!
    - Jamie stabbing Jory in the eye....ahhhh!
    - LOVED the Jamie/Ned fight. I love how Jamie looked so cocky and confident until the fight goes on awhile and he starts to look a bit more worried when he realizes Ned really is a bad ass. I also loved Jamie knocking his own man out for ending the fight early. Ha!
    - One thing that isn't sitting well with me is the Renly/Loras scene. I have no issue with what was going on, or with them being gay (I actually loved that they were gay in the books, and loved all the subtlety surrounding them). I'm not really liking how Loras is being portrayed very much at the moment, but i'll reserve further judegement until I see more of him this season.
    - Spoilers for those who haven't read the first book:
    Spoiler:
    Can't wait to see the Khal "crown" Viserys next week! Woot!

Oh and here are two hilarious lines from the EW recap on the episode:

"Bran is annoyed that his mom isn't there, which annoys us because we spent two episodes watching her sit beside him while he was asleep. Clearly the Blair Witch dolls she made did not comfort him, and he wants her back."

"For those who missed Dany and the Dothraki's (which sounds like a terrible 1970s glam band), Episode 6 has some of the best stuff yet with that storyline."

My Mood
    Angelic

How could you leave out the little vis a vis between Varys and Littlefinger? That was an awesome display of power.

I don't like the way Renly is being portrayed. He never came across as a simpering fop to me. I imagined him to be more along the lines of Smecker

I can't wait until next week! And i get to watch Episode 7 next week on HBOGo. I may die.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

They don't offer HBOGo in my region, last I checked, so I don't get to watch the episode early.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah me either! :rages:

And the Varys/Littlefinger scene was great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast