Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am surprised that there are not really any comments on the last two episodes. Watchers on the Wall was awesome. I loved pretty much everything about it except the cliffhanger ending (and that they changed why Jon went to Mance.) Now that they need to conclude that in the season final as well, I don't know how they are going to fit everything in even with the longest episode to date.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is off topic, but I just had to share. I'm not sure if anybody has seen these Game of Thrones Mini Mystery Vinyl characters, but they are really cool. I was in line at Wal-Mart and decided to pick one up. They are only 5 or 6 bucks. I felt like a little kid on Christmas opening up the box and the dark black bag inside to see what mystery character I received. It turns out I got Ned Stark, which I was really happy about. These little things are so cute, I may pick up a few more.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised the Game of Thrones thread has been pretty quiet lately. I'm not sure why. Maybe people wait until the end of the season to catch up. I thought the last episode was really good. I know there are some departures from the books, but nothing that didn't work. I think it was smart to dedicate an entire episode to the attack on The Wall. Cutting it up would have taken the viewer out of the moment. I don't think we are going to see anymore at The Wall. I think they have tied up that story for the season.

I would like to get some thoughts on this, but I've been saying all season that the last thing we will see in the finale is
    Spoiler:
    Lady Stoneheart.

Thoughts?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been waiting for what you listed in your spoiler. How long is tonights episode btw? I can't imagine cramming everything I'm expecting into a standard length episode.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's 66 minutes but will still be crammed full. Yes, I think your spoiler will happen but your other prediction is wrong: we will definitely see more Jon Snow this season (and all that this means.)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    It's 66 minutes but will still be crammed full. Yes, I think your spoiler will happen but your other prediction is wrong: we will definitely see more Jon Snow this season (and all that this means.)
    Wrong on both accounts. We certainly got more of Jon beyond the wall than I was expecting, that's for sure. I wasn't anticipating that.

As for my spoiler, I'm really kind of disappointed we didn't see it. I'm starting to think it won't be included in the show. That kind of worries me, I'm not sure Martin would include it in the books if it wasn't going to have some kind of big impact. It's possible it could open the season next year, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Overall, a solid finale. I will dig into it more tomorrow after I have a night to digest. Man, the wait for the next season is going to be long. I will also say that the next season is where the layout of the show could start to get very interesting.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will do a re-watch of the finale but I was a little disappointed with it. I felt the wrong scenes were drawn out and the right scenes weren't developed enough. There seemed to be missing elements in the sequence of events and the last two episodes in particular were lacking the depth of build-up and tension I have become accustomed to.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it was a really solid season finale (definitely better than last year) but it could have been epic. It is very possible that the show will take a different route and completely leave
    Spoiler:
    Lady Stoneheart
    out. However, I don't know what they will do with Brienne and Jaime then. If this rumor:
    Spoiler:
    Jaime will go to Dorne instead of the Riverlands
    is true, they are in for major changes anyway.

I think that from this point forward it might be best to not compare the show to the books. The book-readers all seem pissed right now while show-only fans seemed to love the finale. That is because they have nothing to compare the show with and thus don't set all of the expectations we do. This will especially be important since there is a good chance that both AFFC and ADWD will be in the next season if they hope to finish in seven seasons. That means that a lot of material is getting cut,
    Spoiler:
    possibly most of the Ironborn stuff, Lancel and the Faith Militant (or whatever they were called), the queen-makers subplot, Quentyn, etc
    and other storylines will have to change to fit. Who knows? But it will be fun to speculate anyway.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know everybody (book readers) were expecting one final scene at the end of the finale that we didn't get. Since I was a little disappointed, I decided to write my own. Please do not read if you have not read the first 3 books. Some of the formatting got messed up while making the PDF.

SPOILERS - click at your own risk.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0e293f_fa95...6a877c7f2e.pdf

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone go watch the IMax showing of the last two episodes of season four? It was pretty good even though you could tell in some parts that it wasn't filmed to be in IMax. What about the "making of" show that aired on Sunday? Or at least the season 5 trailer?

Anyway, it looks like the changes are going to be more drastic this season. It is hard to figure out what they are doing with some of the characters from what we have seen but I have heard some interesting theories, especially about Sansa.
    Spoiler:
    The more likely was that she would fill part of Lady Stoneheart's role by interacting with Brienne and taking revenge on some Freys. The theory that is probably crackpot is that Littlefinger will put her in the fArya role with the idea that she will help bring down the Boltons.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the show Sunday night - not all that impressed. The one thing that did impress me was the effort that went into the coliseum (bull fight arena in Spain) for one scene!

Can't wait for the season to actually start. 260 days of shooting to get ten episodes! I can see why you only get ten episodes per season!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about going to the IMAX showings of Game of Thrones, but it didn't happen. I enjoyed the "Making Of" show, but I love watching the making of anything. I was especially interested because I visited Dubrovnik, Croatia back in 2004. I vividly remember seeing those walls. It's a pretty cool place.

As for the upcoming season, I think this season is somewhat of a turning point for the future of the show in many ways. The story really starts to expand and kind of level off a bit. I hope people who aren't fans of the books will stick with it. It's also interesting because many of the storylines are fast catching up to the book. Regardless, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

My only regret is I don't think we will ever get to see
    Spoiler:
    Lady Stoneheart
    The scene I wrote and linked above would still work as the season opener, but I doubt it will happen.

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately that storyline is not going to happen with that character. Some elements may go to other characters.

As for everything else, yes this will be a turning point because combining two books and deciding which plotlines to cut/shorten is really going to test the producing skills of D&D. They will be some expansion with Dorne and more of Essos but not nearly as much as if they had stuck with Martin's material. Of course they would need ten more seasons if they started expanding the way Martin did. I think it will still work out well but this season will be a big test.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately that storyline is not going to happen with that character. Some elements may go to other characters.
    I wonder what the reason for excluding that character is.

Spoiler:
    I wonder if the creators felt it would be too much of a stretch for audiences to buy. The weird thing is they kind of set up the whole thing with Arya and Beric Dondarrion.

Country
    Country Flag

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE READ ALL OF THE BOOKS!

Spoiler:
    I think they included the Beric stuff to setup a resurrection plotline. However, it will not be Cat's, it will be Jon's. That's why Mel met Beric in the show. Maybe they thought two would be too many and spoil the later one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE READ ALL OF THE BOOKS!

Spoiler:
    I think they included the Beric stuff to setup a resurrection plotline. However, it will not be Cat's, it will be Jon's. That's why Mel met Beric in the show. Maybe they thought two would be too many and spoil the later one.
    Interesting. Good point. However...

Spoiler:
    You're operating under the assumption that Jon died at the end of A Dance with Dragons. While it doesn't look good for Jon, I'm still not sold on the idea that he is dead. My theory is that he is wounded badly but saved by Wun Wun. Jon was kind to Wun Wun and took a liking to him. This would then mean Jon has a giant as a bodyguard and Ghost. He'd be unstoppable. I think that would be so cool.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 4 is out on DVD/Blu Ray today!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Season 4 is out on DVD/Blu Ray today!!
    This is a fact. Also a fact: I really want it.

I'm showing a lot of restraint not buying each season on Blue-ray. When the show ends, I'm planning on buying the whole thing in a massive collector's edition or something. Some of my ideas are as follows:
    • A massive replica of The Wall.
    • A box with the map of Westeros on it. Possibly resembling the opening of the show in some way.
    • A nice sized replica of the Iron Throne.
    • Dragons. Just incorporate them in some way. 'Nuff said.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boy, Martin really knows how to sweet talk a guy.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58300717?ref_=hm_nw_tp1

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished episode 4.

By the Seven Gods, the White Walker's are so fucking awesome. I love that the show is giving us more of a glimpse into their world than the novels have thus far. Referring to that ritual with Craster's son.

Country
    Country Flag

That was pretty cool and

Spoiler:
    they are including more white walker scenes that are not from the books this season, specifically at Hardhome.

Country
    Country Flag

Winter is coming... in about 19 hours.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm ready.

I try to temper my excitement knowing how fast those episodes will fly by. This is going to be a very interesting season for many reasons.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Dinklage dies. Maybe. I don't know.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Peter Dinklage dies. Maybe. I don't know.
    Hellz nah. Tyrion will never die, at least I feel he's the least likely to die.

You know, Tyrion actually kind of reminds me of you Matt (minus stature). He's very witty and sarcastic. I think you'd love him if you ever read the books or watched the show.

Country
    Country Flag

Good episode to setup the season. The dragon scene looked good and had my wife really nervous for Dany. AND she finally said their names. Jon's story also worked well and him and Stannis should be interesting viewing going forward. I wish there was time to cover more in each episode because I did miss Arya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast