Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Martin gave them his end game so if they made any changes they wouldn't kill off an essential character or change a key plot line. He definitely does not want them to reveal it before he does though. I have seen quotes from him that have made that clear. That is why there is going to be a problem. Martin wants them to stall with prequel seasons while HBO just wants him to hurry up but neither is probably going to happen.
    Thanks, that clears it up for me. Does this mean we will get the hedge knight and the sworn sword?
    That's what Martin wants but I can't see it happening. They would have to hire an entirely new cast for that. Even a prequel with Robert's rebellion would be hard to do because you would either have to recast roles or bring back a lot of people.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't see the prequel option happening either. Mike's suggestion sounds more likely, a wider time gap between each seasons.. although that can really only buy so much time. Is HBO willing to go a whole year without airing any episodes?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the prequel option happening either. Mike's suggestion sounds more likely, a wider time gap between each seasons.. although that can really only buy so much time. Is HBO willing to go a whole year without airing any episodes?
    That's the question. Does HBO want to go a whole year without their most profitable show. GoT is a juggy right now. Everybody is talking about it and buying merchandise. It might lose a lot of steam if it sits out a year. With Boardwalk Empire ending and a few of their other shows drawing towards a conclusion, I'm not sure they can afford to do that.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched season 3 this past weekend. Now I'm excited about season 4. I'm most curious about Jamie and his story.

I watched the season 4 trailer and realized the actor playing Jamie is from Norway. His English in the show is really good but in the S4 preview and stuff I've seen on Youtube, his accent is apparent. It must've taken hours of rehearsing those lines to get it down perfectly. As someone whose first language isn't English, I can respect that. Getting rid of an accent is hard work.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read the EW article about the upcoming season and it was dangerously close to spoiling certain things. For example:

Spoiler:
    A sidebar about the wedding clothes pointed out that there were clues in the crowns that Joff and Margaery wear such as the roses in her crown "smothering" the stag elements in it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the...

Spoiler:
    the EW picture of Margaery offering Joffrey a cup of wine was pretty awesome though. A great little nod to the readers.

Country
    Country Flag

If the rest of the season can live up to the premeire then it should be a great season. There was a lot of good symbolism (wolf pelt/sheath on the fire, blue rose), dialogue (Tyrion/Oberyn, Jon/Alliser/Janos, Jaime/everyone), comedy ("I grew up in King's Landing." ), and action. Arya and Sansa felt closer to their book versions and the new characters seem pretty awesome even though they made the Thenns cannibals. The only things I didn't like were the Brienne/Margaery (where was Loras?), Dany/Daario, and Tyrion/Shae interactions.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Arya was SO badass this episode!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Daario a different actor this year?

Edit: It looks like he is at least according to IMDB.

2013 played by actor Ed Skrein.
    2014 played by actor Michiel Huisman

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It probably confused a lot of people too. They don't look, sound, or act the same.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the only thing that was off in the whole episode, i preferred the old actor, had a bit more charisma!
    Everything else though, was great!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The swagger is missing from this new guy. Maybe he wasn't given much to work with but he did feel a little flat.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Yes. It probably confused a lot of people too. They don't look, sound, or act the same.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad I popped in on this thread; I was wondering who the hell that character was.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I still don't know why they didn't give Daario blue hair. It would be way easier for the audience to tell the difference. This version of Daario looks like so many other characters on the show.

If you don't want to give Daario the blue, forked beard, that's fine, but I don't see why they couldn't dye his hair.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ed Skrein quit the show to star in Transporter 4, so they recast with Huisman. It is funny how every HBO show seems to be populated with actors from other HBO shows. Huisman was pretty good in Treme. I think he will do ok as Dario.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I still don't know why they didn't give Daario blue hair. It would be way easier for the audience to tell the difference. This version of Daario looks like so many other characters on the show.

If you don't want to give Daario the blue, forked beard, that's fine, but I don't see why they couldn't dye his hair.
    This!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

bunch of Aholes!!! give him a long hair wig at least this new guy in no way at ALL reminds me of the character he is supposed to be. HBO effed this up hugely!!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

This!
    how about giving him some hair? also Ed Skrein had the arrogance down perfect. Do these producers even read the books?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not going to kill the producers of the show. For the most part, they've done an amazing job with this show. Especially in the set and casting departments. I would just love an explanation. It just doesn't make any sense. If there's a logical explanation, I would defer to them. I just can't think of one.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, oh thank you. That was grand!

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the books but not recently. Sometimes it's nice that I'm slowly losing my memory (of the books) when watching this show. Fun times.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY a death I could cheer and clap for!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was perfect. Literally exactly how I pictured it in my mind. Right down to the perspective and angle of all the action. Not to mention the tone.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife was very disappointed and wished it would have been worse for him.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I know a lot of people wanted
    Spoiler:
    Arya to do it or maybe Sansa. The thing that people have to realize is that it makes more sense for it to go down the way it did. If it were a Hollywood movie, it would have been different probably. Martin doesn't subscribe to normal Hollywood cliches, as you can see. I also like the idea that there is some mystery behind it. It really does set up Tyrion's story from here. Also, I'm pretty sure he suffered pretty horribly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast