Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great episode, loved it.
    Showed The Walking Dead how to make a great show!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the season opener last night, loved it. The CGI on the dragons is MUCH improved from last season.

The altercation between Tyrion and Tywin was both fascinating and heart breaking to watch ... when Tywin called Tyrion a pathetic, wretched creature ... I felt all those feels.

Oh and the actress that plays Queen Tyrell is facking gorgeous ...

But Melisandre is still my baby doe

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Great episode, loved it.
    Showed The Walking Dead how to make a great show!
    Apples and oranges.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought they did a great job of reintroducing some of the story lines and characters. It's amazing how many characters this show/books has. Those who have read the books know that this is only scratching the surface. We weren't even able to see some of the other stories that are going on. We will have to wait until next week to catch up with Arya, Bran and Jaime. I can't imagine how people who have never read the books must feel. I truly hope they are able to follow along pretty well.

I thought I heard season 3 was going to have extended episodes. It seemed like episode one was the same length as last year.

BARRISTAN SELMY!!!!!!!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Still wished Tyrion's scar would have been something!!!!!
    Not surprised though.
    As they say on The Simpsons, "We want tv ugly, not ugly ugly!"

But yes, I was a little disappointed as well. On the other hand, considering how much they strain their budget, do I really want more money going to CGI to remove a nose? I'd rather them use it for dragons or Others.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Barristan Selmy kicked azz!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Still wished Tyrion's scar would have been something!!!!!
    Not surprised though.
    As they say on The Simpsons, "We want tv ugly, not ugly ugly!"

But yes, I was a little disappointed as well. On the other hand, considering how much they strain their budget, do I really want more money going to CGI to remove a nose? I'd rather them use it for dragons or Others.
    Totally agree. They would have to map every frame of footage that Tyrion appears on screen. It would cost millions of dollars. Not to mention Dinklage would have to spend the rest of his career as Tyrion with green matting on his face. Talk about uncomfortable.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It was only a rumor that he lost his nose, didn't you hear Cursei

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Could've just done a little more with makeup, then!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Still haven't watched because I'm the best mom ever.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'd be a shittier mom, where I you.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

How epic was the swordfight?> Not like the books at all. I was humiliated!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good episode. 4/5. Nothing much happened, but the dialogue and characters are just so damn well written.

My Mood
    Breezy

I'd give it a 5/5, and a lot happened. The brotherhood without borders was introduced, although where Beric is is unknown. Thoros does not look like a Pacific Islander at all, nor a red priest. The Hound was brought in, he sold out Arya. Brienne owned the legendary Kingslayer, Sansa told the truth about Jaime, Maergery made Joffrey aware he has a penis.......it was an eventful episode.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Hell, Maergery makes me think I have a penis sometimes.
    Still a week behind.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I'd give it a 5/5, and a lot happened. The brotherhood without borders was introduced, although where Beric is is unknown. Thoros does not look like a Pacific Islander at all, nor a red priest. The Hound was brought in, he sold out Arya. Brienne owned the legendary Kingslayer, Sansa told the truth about Joffrey, Maergery made Joffrey aware he has a penis.......it was an eventful episode.
    correction made

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep getting Thoros confused with

Book spoilers!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it Haldon Halfmaester? I got that from my Game of Thrones companion app. It's a really great app that helps me keep all the characters straight. I highly recommend it.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its definitely not Haldon. I tried to find the actual name just now but ran out of time. I will see if I can find it later.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Its definitely not Haldon. I tried to find the actual name just now but ran out of time. I will see if I can find it later.
    I didn't think so either, but I looked up everybody who was with Tyrion on the boat and I didn't come across any dark skinned red priests. There was Griff, Young Griff, Ser Rolly Duckfield and Septa Lemore. Unless I'm missing somebody.

I also wanted to mentioned I'm loving season two and all the new characters. I know that it must be confusing for people who haven't read the books but I'm loving it. I jumped for joy when I saw the Queen of Thrones come on screen. Looking forward to seeing Beric Dondarrion.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you're thinking of the wrong boat!?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoros is from Myr, not the Summer Islands. The other red priest is Moqorro, who actually might be from the Summer Islands, although I'm not sure on that one.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Ka-Mai is right. It's Moqorro. I had forgotten about Tyrion getting on the boat after he gets linked up with Penny. He's not a very big character in the books at this point. Especially not as big as Thoros.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Moqorro. I think he will have a decent part in the next book. It is interesting how half the different groups now have a red priest or priestess trying to guide them.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Thoros is from Myr, not the Summer Islands. The other red priest is Moqorro, who actually might be from the Summer Islands, although I'm not sure on that one.
    Thanks for the correction. I had combined in my mind with the Summer Islander from court.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think Ka-Mai is right. It's Moqorro. I had forgotten about Tyrion getting on the boat after he gets linked up with Penny. He's not a very big character in the books at this point. Especially not as big as Thoros.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Yes, Moqorro. I think he will have a decent part in the next book. It is interesting how half the different groups now have a red priest or priestess trying to guide them.
    Yes, Moqorro. That's the guy.

I took have a gut feeling that he'll play a role in book 6. The way that Martin wrote him, he seems too physically imposing to NOT pop up in later novels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast