Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They have already started mixing books and will continue im sure through the season breaking the story up different than the books. They also need to consider the children characters and how fast they will grow through the years. should be interesting.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, considering they've done a good job aging Arya and Sansa appropriately (the actors are the same age, but don't look it), that they aged Robb, Jon, Theon and Daenerys into adulthood, and that
    Spoiler:
    everyone else pretty much fucking dies
    , I don't have too many worries on that front. I think it will work out.

When did they mix books? I have a hard time remembering which action happens in COK and SOS - they kind of blur - so I might not have noticed.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

just basic character viewpoints not used until later books have been used already and other subtle views.
    I don't see how they can keep from mixing books three and four in the next 2 seasons and keep the shows continuity.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I am bored. I wish I could skip to the Game of Thrones day.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The picture above is funny because...

Spoiler:
    When it's all said and done, I think it will be Danny and Jon Snow ruling the realm as husband and wife. I truly believe that Jon Snow is not Ed's son. I believe Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. There's a lot of little hints everywhere. Since Dany is Rhaeger's sister and Jon is Rhaeger's son, that would mean he has a great claim to the throne. Since Dany lived with the idea that she had the best claim to the throne, it's only natural that the two would wed to create a powerful rule. As we know, the Targaryen's practice incestuous marriage and have for centuries.

I could be wrong, but there is a whole section of people that believe as I do.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

There is. I think Erin Henry and I discussed this on here a while back. I think you have a point. The question is, ......well, i won't *ask* a question, I will jusy say the dragon has three heads.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Spoiler:
    When it's all said and done, I think it will be Danny and Jon Snow ruling the realm as husband and wife. I truly believe that Jon Snow is not Ed's son. I believe Jon is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. There's a lot of little hints everywhere. Since Dany is Rhaeger's sister and Jon is Rhaeger's son, that would mean he has a great claim to the throne. Since Dany lived with the idea that she had the best claim to the throne, it's only natural that the two would wed to create a powerful rule. As we know, the Targaryen's practice incestuous marriage and have for centuries.

I somehow managed not to read things in between these spoiler tags.
    I am dying to read what you wrote.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Maybe it's something you know already.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys not read the last book?
    Book spoiler
    Spoiler:
    I'm sure Jon Snow is killed at the end of it!?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    he was only stabbed, not killed. And tyrion is the third head as that is the reason his father hated him. He was from another man. dun dun dun.

please nobody ask GRRM if this is going to happen as I think this would make the perfect ending and I don't want him to have to change it if he really is planning this. I will sleep better at night if this is how it ends
    I know the writers of lost kept changing the plot because fans were figuring out what they 'were' going to do and they ruined the end as far as I am concerned. anyway I probably just worry to much

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Spoiler:
    he was only stabbed, not killed. And tyrion is the third head as that is the reason his father hated him. He was from another man. dun dun dun.

please nobody ask GRRM if this is going to happen as I think this would make the perfect ending and I don't want him to have to change it if he really is planning this. I will sleep better at night if this is how it ends
    I know the writers of lost kept changing the plot because fans were figuring out what they 'were' going to do and they ruined the end as far as I am concerned. anyway I probably just worry to much
    Spoiler:
    Only stabbed lol it read pretty terminal to me

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, it seemed that way but that would crush my ending and I just cant believe it...yet

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post

Spoiler:

I somehow managed not to read things in between these spoiler tags.
    I am dying to read what you wrote.
    As long as you have read all 5 books, you are free to read it. If you are following the show, it's best to avoid it.

Tito:

Spoiler:
    There is no way Jon Snow is dead. Even if he is, there are ways to bring him back. We've seen this in numerous ways so far in the series. Also, while I'm talking about the dead coming back to life, get ready for Zombie Mountain. Yup, you heard that right. I believe that Qybyrn has created a frankenstein like monster out of the Mountain. I think he is the one that is hinted to fight for Cersei.

My Mood
    Breezy

StillServant, this happened already, he became of the Kingsguard. Also,
    Spoiler:
    I doubt Snow is dead, and I've also thought Tyrion is the third head, I'm pretty sure in the books it describes him as having lighter colored hair than his siblings.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Spoiler:
    I doubt Snow is dead, and I've also thought Tyrion is the third head, I'm pretty sure in the books it describes him as having lighter colored hair than his siblings.
    Spoiler:
    you know what happens when there's to much inbreading ....Dwarfism

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I could be wrong
    Spoiler:
    and my memory might be faulty, but I thought we were introduced to Ser Robert. A huge, silent member of the kingsguard. I don't remember them ever stating it was The Mountain for sure. It was certainly implied and everybody thinks it's him, but I wasn't aware it was definitive. Did it ever state for certain Ser Robert is The Mountain. I might have missed it. I will have to go back and read it again.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to think
    Spoiler:
    Daenerys, Tyrion and Aegon will be the three heads, with Jon playing some other part. He wouldn't break his vows for Winterfell, he won't break them for anything else. Besides, he's got Ghost for his magical animal deal.

And yes, I know he got stabbed, but he got stabbed about five feet away from a red priestess. He's coming back.

Alternately, Tyrion and/or Aegon is going to bite it early on (PLEASE not Tyrion) and Jon will fill in for the third head.

My Mood
    Breezy

Spoiler:
    I could be wrong
    Spoiler:
    and my memory might be faulty, but I thought we were introduced to Ser Robert. A huge, silent member of the kingsguard. I don't remember them ever stating it was The Mountain for sure. It was certainly implied and everybody thinks it's him, but I wasn't aware it was definitive. Did it ever state for certain Ser Robert is The Mountain. I might have missed it. I will have to go back and read it again.
    Spoiler:
    Qyburn is the one who brought him in, Cersei asked Qyburn if he was ready. I'm 99 percent sure of that. Ergo, frankenmountain.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have just started watching the show but have read all of the books already. The show seems good but it will be tough to live up to the books.

On a related note, Martin was just at Texas A&M this past weekend for the opening of an exhibit featuring his manuscripts and early writings that one of A&M's libraries has collected. The night before he hosted a feast and afterwards he had a screening of the first episode of season three. Unfortunately I could not attend but because I helped setup for the event I was still able to get a signed copy of A Game of Thrones and a booklet from the grand opening of the exhibit. I may post a pic later.

(Here is the link to the exhibit event:
    http://deeperthanswords.library.tamu.edu/)

My Mood
    Breezy

Nothing? No one? You fuckers asleep?

Let me go first. LOVED the series premiere. Loved everything about it. Love Tyrion and Cersei's scenes. Love Bronn wanting to fight the kingsguard. Loved the Dragons, loved the intro. Loved Jon's scenes. Adored Daenerys's scenes. I can't wait until she speaks Valyrian. Was really looking forward to Brienne and Jamie, but I guess that'll wait. Wondering about the kids, too.

All in all, so glad I watched this before Walking Dead, that show was a disappointment.

Country
    Country Flag

I just found out my tuition is providing HBO and Showtime for students living on campus, while I can't afford cable... because I am paying tuition.

Which is my way of saying, I can't watch it yet.

My Mood
    Breezy

Sorry, Ka-mai. Do none of your friends have HBO? You can probably find a stream of it online. On FB i liked a page called live streams or something like that that posts streams of shows. That's how I watched Walking Dead from work last night.

Country
    Country Flag

My friend sent me a link to a website, but I'm afraid of viruses. Tomorrow I have some free time, so I may brave it.

On the bright side, I heard HBO may soon offer subscriptions without buying 300 channels. I would be all over that, as long as they use my money to keep making GOT awesome.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was great...worth the wait!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Still wished Tyrion's scar would have been something!!!!!
    Not surprised though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast