Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I love Ciarán Hinds in Rome, but am super disappointed in the idea of him being Mance Rayder.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if I've seen that guy in anything, but he looks a lot like what I pictured Mance looking like.

Slap some long unkempt hair and gruff on him and we're set.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I found this picture of him from one of the Harry Potter films
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I picture Mance as younger for some reason. The fresh new guy coming in and rallying the troops or something like that, I guess.

Also, I can't picture Ciarán Hinds as anyone but Julius Caesar because he was so great in Rome.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I always pictured Mance as much more handsome
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I picture Mance as younger for some reason. The fresh new guy coming in and rallying the troops or something like that, I guess.

Also, I can't picture Ciarán Hinds as anyone but Julius Caesar because he was so great in Rome.
    He was a seasoned Ranger when he defected, wasn't he?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    He was a seasoned Ranger when he defected, wasn't he?
    Yes, that's why I pictured him as a more battle worn man in the vein of the Halfhand. I can't picture the wildlings following some young punk lol.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I can't watch that at work, but judging by the comments I assume it's a trip.

Well, I don't men a super young person, like a teenager or something. I just mean younger than Ciarán , who is 59 years old. I see him as something more like in his 30s. I think I am wrong anyway. The wiki westeros.org says his formerly brown hair has all gone mostly grey and that he is "an unremarkable-looking man in his middle years, with a fondness for music. " I guess that depends on what middle years are in Westeros.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking back on it, everytime I read about Mance, in my mind's eye I picture John Noble in Lord of the Rings.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

YES.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pictured Mance as hotter, as well. Agewise he's fine, and he's a great actor, so I'm not worried.

I think Daario was a good choice, but I'm surprised by Grey Worm... that kid is kind of skinny, I always imagined the Unsullied as very large men. Considering their casting has always been adequate if not spot on, I'm not too worried, though.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

OK I just finished book 3.

Spoiler:

Holy fucking crap batman!
    I know they say "they all die in the end" but this book really gave that a push didn't it????

I must say I loved this book to pieces. I have obviously enjoyed books 1 & 2 as well, but this one just kept on throwing something amazing at you all the way through to the epilogue.
    I almost stopped reading when Robb and Catelyn were killed at the Red Wedding, but I guess there was some balancing out to be done later!

Anyway, I don't normally keep an eye on this thread in fear of spoiling things, but I just had to make a few comments based on how awesome this whole book was!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Glad you're enjoying it, dude. Book 3 was my favorite as well, for various reasons.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man I can't believe that the big day is almost upon us

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome trailer.
    Looking forward to season three, so i can move on to reading book four.

My Mood
    Breezy

I hate you and your self restraint, Jimmick.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Been doing the same as Jimmick. Own all US 1st/1st(some signed) and all UK 1st/1st except Vol. 1. Has been really fun to read them during/after the series.
    Side note on self restraint: Own every thing Justin Cronin has made in 1st/1st signed except "Summer Guest" but waiting for the Passage trilogy to be finished before I start reading him
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I hate you and your self restraint, Jimmick.
    Haha!

I cheated a little, cos I watched season one BEFORE I even knew about the amazing books. So of course I got to read book 1 & 2 straight away, then watched season two, read the third book, and so have only really been tested with this wait. Its killing me too, cos OMG how awesome was the third book.

(don't worry, I won't post any spoilers)

Oh and Garrell, no way I could Hold off reading the Passage until all are printed. Especially when I hear rumors he may do more than three ;-)

If you haven't already, read the Strain series, at least they are all done lol

Country
    Country Flag

Just so you know, they're making book 3 into two seasons of GoT. So you'll be waiting for book 4 for a while.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

AAGAGAGAGGAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(although I did wonder if they would extend the season by a few episodes or more, as it would be too cramped to put that book in to 10 episodes)

Country
    Country Flag

I think they may also be doing that with book 4, but I'm not positive.

What I'm curious about is how they're going to handle how GRRM split books 4 and 5 by characters... I don't think the average HBO viewer would like an entire season with no [fill in favorite character].

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast