Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tywin/Arya stuff is awesome. Love every minute of it.

What does everyone think about the show passing Cersei off as a slightly more sympathetic character ?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still hate her, but she is beautiful
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

What does everyone think about the show passing Cersei off as a slightly more sympathetic character ?
    I wonder where they're going with this. I'm sure Baelish made her. For a minute yesterday I thought Tywin had made her as well. It's good stuff.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.
    The Jon/Ygritte scenes are defiantly becoming my favorites. I actually enjoy the way they changed it up and the way they built up to her finally saying "You know nothing, Jon Snow", I couldn't help but cheer!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

She really can't help who she is--and there are moments where Tyrion feels sorry for her in the books, so it is believeable. The whole no one is wholly good or bad really comes off well in the TV series. She'll show what a bitch she is next week, I can see the foreshadowing.

Does anyone else think Tywin knows who his cupbearer really is after this week's show--I am pretty sure that he does. So why does he spare her? Are they trying to say he has a heart after all?

Loved the scenes with the Hound and Sansa too. He was great this week.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default LOL

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    so hot, want to touch the heiny...
    HAHA, Billy Madison rocks.Oh, Wait. O'DOYLE RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.
    Dude, I cheered out loud. Loving Ygritte.
    LOL. You know it!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

SO, I have just started watching season one but I have not read the books....
    Should I stop watching, read the books first?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Does anyone else think Tywin knows who his cupbearer really is after this week's show--I am pretty sure that he does. So why does he spare her? Are they trying to say he has a heart after all?
    I don't know if he knows exactly who she is, but I'm positive he knows that she's not what she claims to be. The "m'lord" conversation was a strong hint at that.

And I'm grateful that the show has made Tywin a much more 3 dimensional character.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I asked elsewhere and was told that in the books, Cersei is slightly more fingers-in-ears-la-la-la-can't-hear-you when it comes to Joffrey (at least early on). I am glad the show seems to imply otherwise.

Dany really needs to rethink storming Westeros while her dragons are so tiny. That guy and the Warlock taking over Quarth was my favorite part of the last episode.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default GOT

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    At this point i would watch the series and then start reading the books between season 2 and 3. Someones liable to spoil it for you if you wait too long to watch the series. I think you will enjoy both. They are quite a bit different from eachother but both awesome for what they are. Books are definitely the best way to enjoy the story though!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I disagree, I think you should read all the books first and then watch the show in a marathon session and catch up. It's what I would do.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Meth binge?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Do we have a GRRM collectible thread here? Can't find it, should we start one??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    At this point i would watch the series and then start reading the books between season 2 and 3. Someones liable to spoil it for you if you wait too long to watch the series. I think you will enjoy both. They are quite a bit different from eachother but both awesome for what they are. Books are definitely the best way to enjoy the story though!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I disagree, I think you should read all the books first and then watch the show in a marathon session and catch up. It's what I would do.
    hmmm... what to do
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Breezy

Hey, listen to your Brother!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

No thoughts on the latest episode?

I liked it, but am a little disappointed that there are only two episodes left, I sure hope they don't short change us on the 'Battle on the Blackwater'.
    I'm also interested in seeing how well Dany does in the House of the Undying, will it be as creepy as I imagined
    Spoiler:
    as well as a bit of Red Wedding foreshadowing
    ?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Seasons are way to short. Im enjoying each episode though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, 10 episodes is way too short for a show as dense as this. Hell, even 2 more episodes per season would help it tremendously.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Goddamn HBO, why couldn't this have been a winter show?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Because then the TV season would last THREE YEARS.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy

Yep yep. I loved this past episode. I loved how Quorin is setting up what we readers know is coming. I loved how Tyrion played it when his sister found the wrong whore. I didn't like how needy he came off talking to Shae. I am interested in what's gonna happen to Bran and Rickon.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually liked seeing Tyrion's needy side. It's a nice contrast to what we usually see of him; a sardonic, scheming exterior.

Can't freakin' wait for the season finale ...

book spoilers

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like this show a lot, but it's a strange kind of like ... You see, in shows like Lost and Grey's Anatomy and Battlestar Galactica ... BIG THINGS happen in regards to the storyline and the characters. This show (along with other shows like this) moves at a snail's pace (think soap opera pace), and big things rarely happen. But the acting and the show's final product are so damn good. So ... I'm torn.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hodor....Hodor.................................... .Hodor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast