Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Since we Americans didn't have our own Medieval era, we make all of our medieval-ish fantasy characters have English or British accents.
    I hadn't thought of it like that. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with people like Jon and Sam's accents, they're really good - but for continuity Arya should speak like that too (probably Sansa and the boys aswell but I didn't see the whole episode/them).

Feev, you can rely on me for a Beavis moment

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree that the gratuitous sex scenes add nothing to the story.

I still enjoy them.
    Poor Abba spent quite a bit of time under the blanket* last night.

*I keep a blanket on the couch and throw it over my kid's head during the particularly salacious moments.
    Keep telling yourself they're innocent.

Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid? Also, Bronn as City Watch cap'n? NO.

How can Dany have 3 bloodriders if they killed one off? STUPID.

Whose baby did Craster give to the White Walkers? Not Gilly's surely. If they did I'm calling bullshit. I'm gonna bribe whoever in Santa Fe's phone company I have to to give me GRRM's number, call, ask for him saying I'm from the publisher, wait for him to say "Hello?" and then scream, "BULLSHIT!" and hang up. Like a G.
    I wasn't too surprised when Stannis gave Melisandre the bone. It was implied, but dang this isn't Cinemax. Then again, it was pretty mild, if this was Starz, it would probably have shown penetration and all. The scenes in the brothel were pointless, I don't need that to know Littlefinger is a prick, a womanizer, and is heartless and greedy. Agree it takes up room for much better stuff.

Killing off one of Dany's blood riders was dumb and pointless. I want you to call GRRM up for that and call Bullshit.

This episode kinda sucked. And the guys chained up in Yoren's wagon weren't scarey enough. Wasn't one of them missing a nose? They could splurge a lil CGI for that. And Biter should have pointed teeth.

Jon finding Craster leaving the baby makes sense, otherwise how would you know what was happening. But Jon catching him doing it, was not expected and where are they gonna go with that--cut to the crows knocking him off already?

At least the parts with Arry and Tyrion are good so far. I love it when Tyrion gives it to Cersei. I can't wait for the part when he tells her than all she loves will be taken away and her happiness will taste like ashes in her mouth.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez, from all you guys are saying, I'm not looking forward to the episode. I'm watching them about a week after they air, but I'm still coming in here because I've read the books and know what's going to happen anyway.

I'm really curious what they're going to do when
    Clash of Kings
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I'm really curious what they're going to do when
    Clash of Kings
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I was curious about that too. They'll probably just give him a brutal scar along his nose. I highly doubt he'll be noseless for the remainder of the series.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    They'll probably do one of those cheek scars that makeup artists always do to make you look badass. Lame.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I, for one, love the gratuitous sex scenes on the show. I'm a little bothered by Margaery's character being so conniving already, but I figure she could have been that way it just wasn't written out in the books.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

I always figured Margaery had to be a little conniving since
    Clash of Kings/Storm of Swords

I pretty much don't like gratuitous anything in my shows or movies. Perfect example: That ten minute dragon scene in HP4 that was boring as all get-out, yet they cut out a lot of plot because of "time constraints." Fuck you. So when they're showing two extras having sex when they could be clarifying a plot point that they sped through so fast you won't understand it if you didn't read the book, I get a little irritated.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

HOLY SHIT! Tonight's episode redeemed this whole season.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All I have to say is that Joffery is one sick bastard.
    Spoiler:
    what the hell was that? What did she give birth to?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

a Shadow Demon, I guess. In the books it was supposed to look like Stannis though, so IDK. There was a lot of changes this episode, but I understand they're trying to condense it for time.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I expect they are saving the reveal of it looking like him for next episode, since once it fully forms, you don't see the upper body.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I expect they are saving the reveal of it looking like him for next episode, since once it fully forms, you don't see the upper body.
    Yeah, that's what I got out of it too.

Also, that scene looked much, much cooler than the way I had it envisioned it while reading it. Well done producers. The shadow birthing scene is first true bit of 'black magic' that we've gotten to see so far on the show, I'm curious to see know how the non-book readers liked it.

The Joffrey torture scene was unnecessary. The crossbow pointed at Sansa's pucker got the message across the first time - he's an evil , quite possibly insane kid - the screen time for the bedroom torture could have been used for something else.

Also, no Jon Snow ?

And can we please speed up Daenery's arc a bit ? She hasn't really done much of anything this season.

One thing that really irked me was that the leader of the reception party at the gates of Qarth, one of the most exotic locales in the entire series, was a pasty white British guy. Because we don't have enough of those on the show

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

1. that scene looked much, much cooler than the way I had it envisioned it while reading it. Well done producers. The shadow birthing scene is first true bit of 'black magic' that we've gotten to see so far on the show, I'm curious to see know how the non-book readers liked it.

2. The Joffrey torture scene was unnecessary. The crossbow pointed at Sansa's pucker got the message across the first time - he's an evil , quite possibly insane kid - the screen time for the bedroom torture could have been used for something else.

3. One thing that really irked me was that the leader of the reception party at the gates of Qarth, one of the most exotic locales in the entire series, was a pasty white British guy. Because we don't have enough of those on the show

4. JB is a sexy beast and I want to make love to him.
    1. Agreed, I was floored!

2. It was. I literally cringed, and I'm into the bdsm scene. There was nothing sexy about that. Joffrey is insane.

3. Agreed. Why isn't there any spaniard type peoples? I want to see an Inigo Montoya type swordfighter, it's what I was expecting for Syrio and they disappointed me there.

4. Whoa, easy there, chap. Don't wrinkle the suit. 8)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Calmate wuey que no eres mi tipo!

My Mood
    Breezy

You know you likeded it!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, forgot to mention this yesterday - they've really skimped out on the fight scenes, haven't they ? I know there's budget constraints and all, but throw us a freakin' bone here.

As long as they [book spoilers]
    Spoiler:
    don't short change us at the battle of Kings Landing. I want to see everything, the whole shibang - the naval fights, the boat to boat battles, the wildfire, Tyrion getting slashed, etc., I want them to go all out for that.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

HODOR....HODOR...

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked tonight's episode the scene between Arya and Tywin was fantastic. Jaqen H'ghar was really good as well.
    I thought they could have done a better job of making the shadow look like Stannis though, I just didn't see it.

Spoiler:
    I am a bit upset about them cutting Jojen and Meera and giving Bran the greendreams. I kinda got a feeling that Osha will end up going north with Bran instead. Not sure what they plan to do with Rickon though.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good episode tonight. Even in a show where not too much happens, I still enjoy watching it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else have trouble understanding a lot of what was being said this ep ?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I have found that problem with most of the episodes actually. Especially with Littlefinger, his accent combined with his whispering is very hard to understand.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been managing alright thus far, but the amount of times I had to rewind certain segments to understand what they were saying this ep was ridiculous. And yes, it definitely doesn't help that they're talking slightly above a whisper most of the time.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Dinklage has really stepped up this season. He and Dany are the only characters I'm rooting for right now. Did Kat's lack of reaction to the shade bother anyone else? She didn't seem too shocked when it slithered into the tent.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They definitely didn't react as surprised as they could/should have ... if I saw a shadowy spector murdered a king in front of me, especially if I was as big a skeptic in magic as Cat , I would have been tripping balls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast