Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it did. Good catch. Not sure why they switched it up, but it worked either way. And I loved Grey Wind getting all up on Jamie's face.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Cat and Jamie had their meeting at the end of the first season. Also, I read somewhere that because both Rob and Jamie are not featured very much in the second book, that the writers of the show had to change it up a bit in order to give the actors a fair amount of screen time. For instance instead of Jamie being locked up at Riverrun, Rob is dragging him along with him.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    one thing I was wondering
    Spoiler:
    was that a dire wolf talking to guy in cell...can't remember his name right now..saying he was captured by a boy?

No,
    Spoiler:
    Jaime has insulted Robb calling him a boy. Robb told him he was only insulting himself, as he had been captured by a "boy" and was being held captive by a "boy". Grey Wind showed up to be the intimidating muscle in the scene.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Also, I want to marry Melisandre, and give her lots of potentially demonic babies.
    I just LOLed at work in my office. Nice.

And you're right, it was a great way to demonstrate to the viewing audience just how powerful Cersei is at this point. So far I'm liking the little added scenes.

I also really liked how they introduced Grey Wind from Jamie's perspective first, with him hearing the breathing and snorting of what was obviously a very large, dangerous animal before showing him on screen. I thought it was a nice little touch.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Someone needs to add a spoiler tag to the title of this thread itself.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh snap. I thought it had one.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

True. I'll get on that.

My Mood
    Breezy

thanks feev.

Anyone else wonder why Grey Wind was bigger than the rest? and Ghost just doesn't look mean enough for me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I always pictured Ghost being much, much bigger.

What does everyone think about the CGI ? Both for the dragons and the wolves.

My Mood
    Breezy

i think it's been pretty good, so far. The dragons are great. The wolves I haven't really seen many instances where the cgi was heavy. I think they're doing a good job. Somehow I think ghost looks too much like a dog I was thinking, "that dog needs some hair extensions or something", lol.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dragons, great...direwolfs, could be better, but good enough
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm probably going to get to see the episode tomorrow and I guess I got really excited because last night I dreamed Tyrion and I were BFF.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Breezy

But we ARE bff's!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    But we ARE bff's!

I think the dragons looked great. I'm afraid their screen time will be limited because of the cost.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yeah, I always pictured Ghost being much, much bigger.

What does everyone think about the CGI ? Both for the dragons and the wolves.
    Its pretty good, but the Direwolves still look a little too much like Malamutes. Then again, I don't want them looking too CGI, like the Wargs in LOTR...

[QUOTE=beam*seeker;685874]Yeah the resurrection plot twist is getting lame. And, what does this guy have against Starks? If your last name is Stark, you are doomed!

Okay, now that one of my favorite characters is dead (I just finished Dance w/Dragons) I am wanting that plot device back!

Someone needs to add a spoiler tag to the title of this thread itself.
    Yeah, because I can't figure out how to use it and there is so much I wanna say...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this over on the IMDB-trivia section ...

"Yara Greyjoy, introduced in the second book and season, is named Asha in the books. The name was changed for the television series to avoid confusion with Osha."

Source.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    But we ARE bff's!

I think the dragons looked great. I'm afraid their screen time will be limited because of the cost.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-lIOO5KYE

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    But we ARE bff's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-lIOO5KYE
    *snickersnort*
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the first episode and hot damn. so many great things. Tyrion being number one.
    If you love me then love me..

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read an article hinting GOT will go the same way as Rome and Deadwood... that would be devastating.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello friends, love the show. First time posting in this thread though, methinks ... Just finished the second episode of the second season, not too impressed. Whereas the first season had a lot of main characters, it seemed that they were all moving in the same direction. With this season, everyone is all over the place and doing their own thing. It's like ... here's the blond chick for two minutes, now here's the boy girl and the blacksmith boy for two minutes and now here's Rob for two minutes and oh, there's Jaime in the background ("Hi Jamie!"), and now here's the boring Stannis guy with his slutty redhaired witch for two minutes, and now here's Halfman ("Hi Halfman! We love you!") for four minutes (because he's great), then the Queen, then the King, then Sansaa, then little cripple boy and the ugly wildling girl and big goofy guy, then Greyjoy, and don't forget Lord Snow and THAT whole storyline. Oh, and the pimp guy, and the gay Renley guy, and the bald eunich guy, lol, and the old guy who's a faker ...

Too much.

I enjoy it, but ... this season has no direction so far. Again, this is only an episode two assessment, and I have no doubt that the season will get better. Very excited for when it does.

P.S. Does this thread give book spoilers? Like ... I haven't read the books and do people sometimes spoil future events?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeeeeah... if you don't like that about the show, you will hate the books. Just saying. It only gets worse from here.

Finally saw the episode. I thought it was really good although I'm waiting for things to gear up and get really interesting. I liked how Cersei got a little glimpse of what a little shithead Joffrey is. I was surprised by how well the dragons and wolves were done (although that is obviously a dog they just enlarged). I was worried it was going to be really cheesy. One thing I didn't like was how HBO feels obligated to show gratuitous sex scenes in Littlefinger's brothel... we get it, they're whores and all, but it's boring and that was about thirty seconds they could have used for something cool. If they needed to show tits they could have had Ros just walk around topless while plot happened.

My boyfriend disagrees, so maybe my heterosexuality is in the way.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, this left me laughing for about five minutes:

My Mood
    Breezy

I agree that the gratuitous sex scenes add nothing to the story.

I still enjoy them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the gratuitous sex scenes add nothing to the story.

I still enjoy them.
    You would LOL Then again, there's something about raw Medieval sex that is just cool!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast